Windows 8 and 8.1 Forums


UAC Error, EnableUA inRegistry, Cant Run Windows Apps

  1. #11


    Posts : 14
    Windows 8


    Quote Originally Posted by Brink View Post
    Just to make sure, are you signed in to the built-in elevated "Administrator" account, or elevate the rights of your Microsoft account?

    If not, then use the Find and Find Next feature in Registry Editor to search for all instances of the EnableLUA DWORD to make sure that each found is set to 1. If you changed any, restart the PC afterwards to apply.

    If still not, then you might see if doing a system restore using a restore point dated before this happened to hopefully undo and fix it.
    I already changed the EnableLUA in the registry.

    Yes, I elevated to Microsoft account once. Now it is signed out.

      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  2. #12


    Posts : 22,581
    64-bit Windows 10


    Yep, but this is to check to make sure that there aren't any other rouge EnableLUA entries that may need to be changed.

    You'll need to be signed in to a Microsoft account to be able to open any modern apps that use Microsoft services. I was referring to if you elevated the privilege level of all administrator accounts using any of the methods below. If so, it would need to be undone.

    User Account Control (UAC) - Elevate Privilege Level
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  3. #13


    Posts : 14
    Windows 8


    Quote Originally Posted by Brink View Post
    The default one.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  4. #14


    Posts : 14
    Windows 8


    Quote Originally Posted by Brink View Post
    Yep, but this is to check to make sure that there aren't any other rouge EnableLUA entries that may need to be changed.

    You'll need to be signed in to a Microsoft account to be able to open any modern apps that use Microsoft services. I was referring to if you elevated the privilege level of all administrator accounts using any of the methods below. If so, it would need to be undone.

    User Account Control (UAC) - Elevate Privilege Level
    What do you mean? For the apps to work, I need to sign in my Microsoft Account?
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  5. #15


    Posts : 22,581
    64-bit Windows 10


    For any modern app that uses a Microsoft service, you would need to be signed in to a Microsoft account.

    For example: Store, Mail, Skype, OneDrive

    Did you check for any other EnableLUA entries in your registry?
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  6. #16


    Posts : 14
    Windows 8


    Quote Originally Posted by Brink View Post
    For any modern app that uses a Microsoft service, you would need to be signed in to a Microsoft account.

    For example: Store, Mail, Skype, OneDrive

    Did you check for any other EnableLUA entries in your registry?
    I checked my registry. There are no more other EnableLUA on it. The only one has its value set to 1.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  7. #17


    Posts : 22,581
    64-bit Windows 10


    Is doing a system restore using a restore point an option?
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  8. #18


    Posts : 14
    Windows 8


    Quote Originally Posted by Brink View Post
    Is doing a system restore using a restore point an option?
    Sadly. No
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  9. #19


    Posts : 22,581
    64-bit Windows 10


    Is this happening with all user accounts?

    If not, then you could use or create another account to use instead to avoid a reinstall.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  10. #20


    Posts : 14
    Windows 8


    Quote Originally Posted by Brink View Post
    Is this happening with all user accounts?

    If not, then you could use or create another account to use instead to avoid a reinstall.
    It happens to all. I just tried making a new account.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
UAC Error, EnableUA inRegistry, Cant Run Windows Apps
Related Threads
Having a little trouble here with downloading apps from the store. I'm getting an error: "Something happened and your purchase can't be completed. Error code: 0x80244022". This is for a free app. I've Googled and very little comes up. I've performed the Windows Store Reset as well as the...
windows 8 some apps give error no internet, bassicly most apps work but some apps don't work, i hear this is common issue with windows 8.1 and if tryit many solutions but nothing fixes this issue.......
I have an Asus Transformer 100 running Windows 8. When trying to open any app, I get the "This app can't run with UAC off". BUT UAC is on and set to the default setting. It seems to do this after I do MS updates. The last time it happened, I found a fix. This time, I cannot. Appreciate any...
Solved Windows 8.1 apps error in Software and Apps
Hello, my father did a system restore and Windows 8.1 and Appex and Microsoft apps started giving errors. It seems.the files are missing. How do I fix this without reinstalling Windows? 43877
Hello, I've been experiencing some major issues with the Windows Store in Windows 8.1. While some apps, such as Facebook, seem to install just fine, I've had problems with installing other apps. Whenever I attempt to install Flipboard, Shazam or Google Search, it gives me an error code,...
Hello to everyone, I have very annoying problem with Windows 8. The problem is in metro control panel "PC Settings". I don't know what is the reason for removing all apps control in the Notifications menu. 24639 I had this problem so many times and the only fix for this that I know - is...
Hi, I was getting Error 0x80073cf9 while downloading apps form windows 8 store. So first I did a refresh and now it is still not working any ideas? Thanks in advance.
Eight Forums Android App Eight Forums IOS App Follow us on Facebook