Windows 8 and 8.1 Forums


can someone help me with some of the apps?

  1. #1


    Posts : 8
    windows 8 consumer preview

    can someone help me with some of the apps?


    1st, sorry if this was the wrong section

    so, some of the apps will not open for me. like they make the animation to open, then close. like the music/photo/xbox apps. i did go to the store app and install the apps, but their still messing up. any help?

      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  2. #2


    Posts : 1,851
    8250 x86 + 7 SP1 x86 + Ubuntu 12.04 LTS x86


    Hi,

    Metro apps can not work with UAC disabled.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  3. #3


    I have UAC disable yet my metro apps all still work.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  4. #4


    Quote Originally Posted by RaidersFan View Post
    so, some of the apps will not open for me. like they make the animation to open, then close. like the music/photo/xbox apps. i did go to the store app and install the apps, but their still messing up. any help?
    What is your Screen Resolution? You need a minimum 1024x768 to run metro apps.

    Quote Originally Posted by GMan View Post
    Hi,

    Metro apps can not work with UAC disabled.
    No, the Metro apps work with UAC disabled.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  5. #5


    Posts : 8
    windows 8 consumer preview


    Quote Originally Posted by abhijitrucks View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by RaidersFan View Post
    so, some of the apps will not open for me. like they make the animation to open, then close. like the music/photo/xbox apps. i did go to the store app and install the apps, but their still messing up. any help?
    What is your Screen Resolution? You need a minimum 1024x768 to run metro apps.

    Quote Originally Posted by GMan View Post
    Hi,

    Metro apps can not work with UAC disabled.
    No, the Metro apps work with UAC disabled.

    my resolution is 1600 x 900

    i've tried it with uac enabled and disabled.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  6. #6


    Posts : 1,851
    8250 x86 + 7 SP1 x86 + Ubuntu 12.04 LTS x86


    Quote Originally Posted by loquacious View Post
    I have UAC disable yet my metro apps all still work.
    Quote Originally Posted by abhijitrucks View Post
    No, the Metro apps work with UAC disabled.
    Click image for larger version

    Believe me, if your Metro apps are working, then you don't have UAC all the way disabled. Or you haven't rebooted yet since disabling.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

can someone help me with some of the apps?
Related Threads
How to List Desktop Apps or Store Apps First on Your Apps Screen in Windows 8.1 The Apps screen in Windows 8.1 and Windows RT 8.1 is the new version of Start Menu -> All Programs that was in Windows 7 and Vista. The Apps screen displays a list of all of your installed Store apps and desktop...
How to Turn On or Off Show more apps in Apps view in Windows 8.1 Update The Start screen can viewed in the Start and Apps view. The Apps view in Windows 8.1 is the new version of the Start Menu -> All Programs that was in Windows 7 and Vista. The Apps screen displays all of your installed...
Choose Apps to Show Status, Notifications, and Alarms on Lock Screen in Windows 8 and 8.1 This tutorial will show you how to choose apps to run in the background and display quick status, detailed status, notifications, and alarms on the lock screen for your user account in Windows 8, Windows...
Does anyone know how to clear out deleted Windows Store apps from the computer? When you go into the Windows Store and right click and choose 'your apps' the selection 'apps not istalled on this pc' still shows apps that I have deleted. I only installed on one device (unless they auto-install to...
Read more at source: Metro apps renamed Windows Store apps | Windows 8 - CNET Reviews
How to Install Apps from Store in Windows 8 and 8.1 Like app stores for smartphones and tablets, the Windows Store offers various apps that users can browse through, purchase, or get for free to download and install to their user account in Windows 8, Windows RT, Windows 8.1, and Windows RT...
How to Allow or Prevent Users to Uninstall Apps from Start in Windows 8 and 8.1 This tutorial will show you how to allow or prevent all or specific users from being able to uninstall apps from the Start screen in Windows 8 and 8.1. You must be signed in as an administrator to be able to do...
Eight Forums Android App Eight Forums IOS App Follow us on Facebook