Windows 8 and 8.1 Forums


Win8.1Now supports Roxie Pro.But still not Corel PaintPro.

  1. #1

    Win8.1Now supports Roxie Pro.But still not Corel PaintPro.


    Anyone who has Corel Paint Shop Pro X3 knows if Microsoft has updated drivers for this program,since it cannot be installed at this time.
    I did find after Win8.1 upgrade I could now install my Roxie Video converter program, before with Win8 it would not be allowed to install. So some progress has been made with the updates.

      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  2. #2


    Quote Originally Posted by badtyper View Post
    Anyone who has Corel Paint Shop Pro X3 knows if Microsoft has updated drivers for this program,since it cannot be installed at this time.
    I did find after Win8.1 upgrade I could now install my Roxie Video converter program, before with Win8 it would not be allowed to install. So some progress has been made with the updates.
    Ye I have Roxio Creator 2012 Pro installed and running, I really haven't tried much of the programs out. I mostly just use for DVD Burning etc.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  3. #3


    Posts : 1,320
    Server 2012 / 8.0


    Windows 8.1 supports Corel Paint Shop Pro X6.

    I still use Paint Shop Pro from 1999.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  4. #4


    Posts : 1,320
    Server 2012 / 8.0


    Here's the solution.

    Click image for larger version
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  5. #5


    Quote Originally Posted by mdmd View Post
    Windows 8.1 supports Corel Paint Shop Pro X6.

    I still use Paint Shop Pro from 1999.
    You are implying you could install this program in Win8? It won't allow me to install the Paint Shop Prp X3,also you can't install the upgrades if the program is not installed. Catch 22 I guess, have used Corel products for many years like their software but don't like how they try running over you. Also there is no way to reach them for any help.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  6. #6


    Quote Originally Posted by mdmd View Post
    Here's the solution.

    Click image for larger version
    Yeah just try doing this. What Corel really is saying is "BUY the NEW PROGRAM" sucker.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  7. #7


    Posts : 1,320
    Server 2012 / 8.0


    Quote Originally Posted by badtyper View Post
    Yeah just try doing this. What Corel really is saying is "BUY the NEW PROGRAM...
    Yes. Correct. There are few programs going forward that will have lifetime licenses, keys, activations or compatibilities. If you care to use the latest program, one will have to buy it!

    As I said, I am still using Paint Shop Pro version 6 from 1999 originally produced by Jasc not Corel.
    Buying an update is not a bad thing for a valued product.
    If you think they should provide you free software for life, well, there are other programs out there.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  8. #8


    Posts : 1,320
    Server 2012 / 8.0


    Quote Originally Posted by badtyper View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mdmd View Post
    Windows 8.1 supports Corel Paint Shop Pro X6.
    I still use Paint Shop Pro from 1999.
    You are implying you could install this program in Win8? It won't allow me to install the Paint Shop Pro X3
    You can install Pro X6. I did.

    Click image for larger version
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  9. #9


    Posts : 1,320
    Server 2012 / 8.0


    I use this.

    Click image for larger version
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  10. #10


    Quote Originally Posted by mdmd View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by badtyper View Post
    Yeah just try doing this. What Corel really is saying is "BUY the NEW PROGRAM...
    Yes. Correct. There are few programs going forward that will have lifetime licenses, keys, activations or compatibilities. If you care to use the latest program, one will have to buy it!

    As I said, I am still using Paint Shop Pro version 6 from 1999 originally produced by Jasc not Corel.
    Buying an update is not a bad thing for a valued product.
    If you think they should provide you free software for life, well, there are other programs out there.
    Funny thing is I also have the Jasc Paint Shop Pro Ver 7 ran it on my old Win XD computers installed it on my Win 7 computers and it installed on my Win8 computer. Seems the old trusted Jasc programs still are useful still work and still don't need upgrading.
    I did but the new program X3 for my systems it's a quality program, will I fess up more money to in rich Corel? Not in this life time will I Corel.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Win8.1Now supports Roxie Pro.But still not Corel PaintPro.
Related Threads
Source
I have used Corel Draw (Version 12) successfully in Vista and other Microsoft operating systems. I bought a new computer with Windows 8 (have since upgraded to 8-1) and Corel keeps crashing when I try to export a file as a jpg and also crashes when I try to import some older jpgs and even when I...
Hello! My laptop is powered by an intel core i7 640m processor. I'm wishing to upgrade my system to windows 8 and i'v found, processor should be support PAE, NX, and SSE2 in windows 8 requirements page. In processor info section, PAE value is displayed as 36-bit and no any info about NX and SSE2...
VirtualBox-4.2.16 is available. Supports Windows 8.1 http://download.virtualbox.org/virtualbox/4.2.16/VirtualBox-4.2.16-86992-Win.exe
Solved Paragon 12 now supports Windows 8 in Performance & Maintenance
Paragon 12 now supports Windows 8 uEFI, GPT & Secure Boot. PARAGON Software Group - News: Significant booting challenges on EFI systems when upgrading to Windows 8
Corel PSP X3 in Software and Apps
Has anybody got this running on W8 mine upgraded from W7 said date expired reinstall product licence. Tried my registration key again failed Then the fun started. It wished to uninstall Corel prior to proceding which I did. Then tried reinstall and It still said remove old version. tried...
Eight Forums Android App Eight Forums IOS App Follow us on Facebook