Windows 8 and 8.1 Forums


.NET Framework 1.1 & Windows 8.1 Conflict

  1. #21


    Posts : 1
    Windows 8


    The Microsoft .NET framework is necessary for some programs to execute perfectly. The Microsoft .Net Framework is a platform that provides tools and technologies you need to build Networked Applications as well as Distributed Web Services and Web Applications.It is not necessary to delete old versions too . More about .Net Framework...What is Microsoft .Net Framework

    Evan

      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  2. #22


    Posts : 4
    Windows 8.1

    Please help get Printshop 23.1 in Windows 8.1 to work


    Sunnova,

    I tried following this info, not sure if the links are old, so the info is different, but I just cannot figure it out.

    I need an answer for dummies.

    I did click on the link below as you stated, downloaded the first link, and opened the zip file, and here is where I get confused. You say to click the Windows and X key, and I get that screen, but don't exactly know what to type.


    I can't change what is there, which says c:\windows\system32>

    The file downloaded into THIS PC inside the DOWNLOADS folder, so I really am not sure what I am supposed to type. Can you type out exactly what I am supposed to put there, and what will it look like once I hit the Return key?

    I don't know if I am supposed to include the Quote marks and the extra spaces between the / marks

    Thank you for any help with this. I inadvertantly hit the upgrade to Windows 8.1 and can't go back without days of grief resetting and saving everything I currently have on my computer.

    Margaret


    Quote Originally Posted by Sunnova View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Donna36 View Post
    ok iam so lost with out printshop 23.1 and i am at lost at what i need to do to fix this go to the page but dont know what iam to download to fix this problem wont work since i downloaded 8.1
    Hi Donna36, just go to the link in my post above, look for "Download Location" you will find a link that downloads cleanup_tool.exe in a zip file.

    I used the first link, and right clicked on dotnetfx_cleanup_tool.zip to pick download.

    After you have downloaded that zip file to your computer somewhere, you need to extract the cleanup toolfrom the zip file you have downloaded, you need to keep track of where you placed it. Do the following,

    Use the Windows Key + X, select command prompt (admin) from the list of commands, then key in

    your folder you installed it\cleanup_tool.exe /q:a /c:"cleanup.exe /p .NET Framework 1.1"

    once that is done, you will be able to install The Printshop 23.1 without a problem, someone else might be able to explain how to do this part better than I can.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  3. #23


    Posts : 19
    Windows 8.1 Pro with Media Center 64-bit


    Hi Margaret, when you opened the zip file, what folder did you extract the contents of the zip file into?

    if you extracted into your downloads folder, do you see the cleanup_tool.exe in the downloads folder?

    Let me know.


    Quote Originally Posted by MCazer View Post
    Sunnova,

    I tried following this info, not sure if the links are old, so the info is different, but I just cannot figure it out.

    I need an answer for dummies.

    I did click on the link below as you stated, downloaded the first link, and opened the zip file, and here is where I get confused. You say to click the Windows and X key, and I get that screen, but don't exactly know what to type.


    I can't change what is there, which says c:\windows\system32>

    The file downloaded into THIS PC inside the DOWNLOADS folder, so I really am not sure what I am supposed to type. Can you type out exactly what I am supposed to put there, and what will it look like once I hit the Return key?

    I don't know if I am supposed to include the Quote marks and the extra spaces between the / marks

    Thank you for any help with this. I inadvertantly hit the upgrade to Windows 8.1 and can't go back without days of grief resetting and saving everything I currently have on my computer.

    Margaret
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  4. #24


    Posts : 4
    Windows 8.1


    When I go to THIS PC and highlight the top line, it has C:\Users\MYNAMEHERE\Downloads\dotnetfx_cleanup_tool.zip and then below is shows CLEANUP_TOOL.exe, and history.txt and readme.txt



    Quote Originally Posted by Sunnova View Post
    Hi Margaret, when you opened the zip file, what folder did you extract the contents of the zip file into?

    if you extracted into your downloads folder, do you see the cleanup_tool.exe in the downloads folder?

    Let me know.


    Quote Originally Posted by MCazer View Post
    Sunnova,

    I tried following this info, not sure if the links are old, so the info is different, but I just cannot figure it out.

    I need an answer for dummies.

    I did click on the link below as you stated, downloaded the first link, and opened the zip file, and here is where I get confused. You say to click the Windows and X key, and I get that screen, but don't exactly know what to type.


    I can't change what is there, which says c:\windows\system32>

    The file downloaded into THIS PC inside the DOWNLOADS folder, so I really am not sure what I am supposed to type. Can you type out exactly what I am supposed to put there, and what will it look like once I hit the Return key?

    I don't know if I am supposed to include the Quote marks and the extra spaces between the / marks

    Thank you for any help with this. I inadvertantly hit the upgrade to Windows 8.1 and can't go back without days of grief resetting and saving everything I currently have on my computer.

    Margaret
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  5. #25


    Posts : 19
    Windows 8.1 Pro with Media Center 64-bit


    Quote Originally Posted by MCazer View Post
    When I go to THIS PC and highlight the top line, it has C:\Users\MYNAMEHERE\Downloads\dotnetfx_cleanup_tool.zip and then below is shows CLEANUP_TOOL.exe, and history.txt and readme.txt
    after doing the windows x, and picking Command Prompt (Admin)

    at the c:\windows\system32>

    key in

    C:\Users\MYNAMEHERE\Downloads\cleanup_tool.exe /q:a /c:"cleanup.exe /p .NET Framework 1.1"

    hit enter, that should do it for you.

    (Change MYNAMEHERE to your login name)
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  6. #26


    Posts : 4
    Windows 8.1


    Thank you. I am going to do it tomorrow with a fresh mind. I appreciate all your help.

    I will post back with the outcome. Fingers crossed!


    Quote Originally Posted by Sunnova View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MCazer View Post
    When I go to THIS PC and highlight the top line, it has C:\Users\MYNAMEHERE\Downloads\dotnetfx_cleanup_tool.zip and then below is shows CLEANUP_TOOL.exe, and history.txt and readme.txt
    after doing the windows x, and picking Command Prompt (Admin)

    at the c:\windows\system32>

    key in

    C:\Users\MYNAMEHERE\Downloads\cleanup_tool.exe /q:a /c:"cleanup.exe /p .NET Framework 1.1"

    hit enter, that should do it for you.

    (Change MYNAMEHERE to your login name)
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  7. #27


    Posts : 4
    Windows 8.1


    I LOVE YOU!!!! Thank you so much! I really appreciate this!


    Almost thought it didn't work but forgot I had to put it in compatability mode for Windows 7, and then BAM, all my files showed up!




    Quote Originally Posted by MCazer View Post
    Thank you. I am going to do it tomorrow with a fresh mind. I appreciate all your help.

    I will post back with the outcome. Fingers crossed!


    Quote Originally Posted by Sunnova View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MCazer View Post
    When I go to THIS PC and highlight the top line, it has C:\Users\MYNAMEHERE\Downloads\dotnetfx_cleanup_tool.zip and then below is shows CLEANUP_TOOL.exe, and history.txt and readme.txt
    after doing the windows x, and picking Command Prompt (Admin)

    at the c:\windows\system32>

    key in

    C:\Users\MYNAMEHERE\Downloads\cleanup_tool.exe /q:a /c:"cleanup.exe /p .NET Framework 1.1"

    hit enter, that should do it for you.

    (Change MYNAMEHERE to your login name)
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  8. #28


    Posts : 19
    Windows 8.1 Pro with Media Center 64-bit


    Quote Originally Posted by MCazer View Post
    I LOVE YOU!!!! Thank you so much! I really appreciate this!
    You are very welcome
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  9. #29


    Posts : 1
    windows 8.1


    Thank you, thank you, thank you. You save my life. I need Print Shop 23.1 and now I have it because of your instructions. I bought the Print Shop 3.5 and it is terrible. It did not display or use the address file like 23.1. 23.1 was perfect as it was. Why is it they have to change something that works? Why is it that they never consult the users, the ones who pay the money for their software before they destroy and great product.
    3.5 is so difficult to use and no matter what they claim, it would not retrieve my old 23.1 files. I received an error every time I opened one.

    Thank you again. Your are my savor.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  10. #30


    Posts : 19
    Windows 8.1 Pro with Media Center 64-bit


    Glad the post is still helping follks.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
.NET Framework 1.1 & Windows 8.1 Conflict
Related Threads
HD Audio Device conflict in Sound & Audio
I have Asus Z97M-PLUS as my mobo with Realtek® ALC887. In Device Mgr under Sound there are 2 lines: 1) 'Realtek Definition Audio' ... which is OK 2) 'High Definition Audio Device' is alerted with yellow triangle & exclamation mark. What is that ? Is there some kind of conflict ?
Solved Touchpad - IE 11 conflict! in Drivers & Hardware
Hi everyone I am using latest WIN 8.1.1 64-bit OS. Just bought this lap 3 months back. I had updated all the drivers, softwares and security patches from manufacturer's site & MS Windows too. This problem is there right from the beginning. I had also updated my BIOS to the latest given in the...
Headset / speakers conflict in Sound & Audio
Hi there! I've just finished building my first PC, but I have some sound problems. I want to have my speaker set as the main audio output, so I've plugged it in the back of the PC, in the audio outlet of the motherboard (Gigabyte G1.Sniper B5). But when I play a game, I want to use my headset,...
I upgraded to Windows 8.1 last week and that itself actually had some problems and wasn't a smooth upgrade at all. After several restarts and Windows searching for a solution itself the problem seemed to be ironed out. Or so I thought. After the 8.1 upgrade, and reading through various forum...
Greetings. Got my wife a Windows 8. (Windows 8 is a classic example of fixing something than wasn't broke). Anyhow, since the security that comes with it is going off soon. I have Microsoft Security Essential loaded on my computer with Windows 7 O/S so we considered that but found that it is not...
I keep getting an error message again and again saying "Windows has detected an IP address conflict". The internet (DSL) cable goes directly to the back of my CPU without any other device such as a router. 21333 What should I do?
Don't even know, posting it in right forum or not. Help anyone, please... Far in 2004 or 2005 I created an email account named gigatabatadze@hotmail.com. Later, when Windows Live Services were launched, I created another email, named gigatabatadze@live.com and continued using both...
Eight Forums Android App Eight Forums IOS App Follow us on Facebook