Windows 8 and 8.1 Forums


Favorite password manager?

  1. #11


    Posts : 101
    Windows 8.1 64-bit


    Quote Originally Posted by ARC1020 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TimeAndroid View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ARC1020 View Post

    You're not restricted to only using USB keyfiles to access the DB. It uses a Composite Master Key, so you can use either just a password, just a keyfile or just a Windows User Account. Or you can use any combination of the three.

    Composite Master Key - KeePass

    If using just a password though, it's worth turning on 'Enter Master Key on Secure Desktop', which is turned off by default.
    What is "Enter Master Key on Secure Desktop"
    There's a brief description here:
    Security - KeePass

    When you open a database, it opens the Master Key dialogue box in a secure desktop environment (like the UAC prompt when you open something requiring admin privileges). By opening the dialogue box in an isolated environment (secure desktop), it helps to protect against software keylogging.
    Thanks!

      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  2. #12


    Posts : 101
    Windows 8.1 64-bit


    Anyone tried Dashlane?
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  3. #13


    Posts : 467
    Windows 8 Pro


    lastpass for me...
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  4. #14


    Posts : 101
    Windows 8.1 64-bit


    Has anyone heard the the LastPass breach that happened a long time ago? Do you guys know what steps they took to prevent further breaches?
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  5. #15


    Posts : 467
    Windows 8 Pro


    Quote Originally Posted by TimeAndroid View Post
    Has anyone heard the the LastPass breach that happened a long time ago? Do you guys know what steps they took to prevent further breaches?
    LastPass CEO Explains Possible Hack | PCWorld
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  6. #16


    Posts : 101
    Windows 8.1 64-bit


    Quote Originally Posted by Wullail View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TimeAndroid View Post
    Has anyone heard the the LastPass breach that happened a long time ago? Do you guys know what steps they took to prevent further breaches?
    LastPass CEO Explains Possible Hack | PCWorld
    Wow, LastPass seems like a great company!
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  7. #17


    Posts : 101
    Windows 8.1 64-bit


    Bump
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  8. #18


    Posts : 14
    Windows 8.1 Pro


    Personally I use 1password. Works great across all my devices (Surface Pro, iMac, Macbook Pro, android phones and Lumia 920). Database is synced to dropbox so it's always current.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  9. #19


    Posts : 101
    Windows 8.1 64-bit


    Quote Originally Posted by spectre51 View Post
    Personally I use 1password. Works great across all my devices (Surface Pro, iMac, Macbook Pro, android phones and Lumia 920). Database is synced to dropbox so it's always current.
    Do you use a Windows computer?
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  10. #20


    Posts : 14
    Windows 8.1 Pro


    Quote Originally Posted by TimeAndroid View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by spectre51 View Post
    Personally I use 1password. Works great across all my devices (Surface Pro, iMac, Macbook Pro, android phones and Lumia 920). Database is synced to dropbox so it's always current.
    Do you use a Windows computer?
    Yes Surface Pro.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Favorite password manager?
Related Threads
What's your favorite food? in Chillout Room
My is pizza and Mac and cheese!
Solved Saving a Favorite Without Name in Browsers & Mail
Hello, I just recently imported Bookmarks (Favorites) from Chrome, and I was wondering how to remove the names of my bookmarks to have only the icons showing? That's the way I have them in Chrome, and it is great because it saves tremendous space on the Favorite Bar. I don't want to change with...
I have two favorites, the Video app and the Mail app. Whenever I go back to my Windows 7 Ultimate partition for some reason I miss these two apps so much! I now simply cannot live without at least the Mail App, it's incredibly simple and at the same time so handy and practical. Having to open up my...
Ok, after a clean install, what are the first must do tweaks you do? EDIT: Thanks for all of the input so far. Keep them coming! Here's a quick list from me. - Disable UAC (Never Notify) - Disable All Notification Center Notices - Netplwiz - Disable Firewall and Defender - Disable System...
Favorite Browser? in Browsers & Mail
THIS POST HAS BEEN MOVED! VISIT THE NEW ONE HERE Welcome! Please take the survey here: bit.ly/1eL9nJF. The survey ends on the 31st of March and the results will be published here (photos of the graphs and a Microsoft Excel file). UPDATE 1/10/2014​: The survey is open! View it here!...
What is your favorite browser? in Browsers & Mail
What is your FAVORITE browser?
Eight Forums Android App Eight Forums IOS App Follow us on Facebook