Windows 8 and 8.1 Forums


Sometimes you can't hit tiles and windows key won't work

  1. #21


    Posts : 22,577
    64-bit Windows 10


    Other than going through the test of the troubleshooting steps to see if one may be a cause, nope.

      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  2. #22


    Florida
    Posts : 64
    Windows 8.1 Pro


    I've tried it all, thanks though. Seems that there is nothing that can be done about it.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  3. #23


    Posts : 22,577
    64-bit Windows 10


    Other than a refresh or reset, I'm not sure what else could fix this to prevent having to hit Alt each time.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  4. #24


    Florida
    Posts : 64
    Windows 8.1 Pro


    When I re install it comes back. Complete re installs that is.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  5. #25


    Sydney, Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts : 6,490
    Windows 10 Education 64 Bit


    Can you be more specific regarding your "complete re installs". How are you doing it and what are you using for install media?
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  6. #26


    Florida
    Posts : 64
    Windows 8.1 Pro


    Quote Originally Posted by alphanumeric View Post
    Can you be more specific regarding your "complete re installs". How are you doing it and what are you using for install media?
    Completely formatting, and installing with my Windows 8 CD.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  7. #27


    Posts : 467
    Windows 8 Pro


    It might sound silly...but is it just your ALT key getting stuck ON?

    I've had problems before where the ALT keyboard key thinks it's being permanently pressed down and causing no end of havok.

    Pressing the ALT key a few times toggled the ALT key back off and fixed this for me for the same sort of fix you've found that works.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  8. #28


    Florida
    Posts : 64
    Windows 8.1 Pro


    Quote Originally Posted by Wullail View Post
    It might sound silly...but is it just your ALT key getting stuck ON?

    I've had problems before where the ALT keyboard key thinks it's being permanently pressed down and causing no end of havok.

    Pressing the ALT key a few times toggled the ALT key back off and fixed this for me for the same sort of fix you've found that works.
    Just tested, not the case. Thanks for your suggestion though.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  9. #29


    Sydney, Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts : 6,490
    Windows 10 Education 64 Bit


    Quote Originally Posted by Rymax99 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by alphanumeric View Post
    Can you be more specific regarding your "complete re installs". How are you doing it and what are you using for install media?
    Completely formatting, and installing with my Windows 8 CD.
    OK, where did you get the Windows 8 DVD from? I ask because you normally don't get any install Media with a PC that has Windows 8 Pre installed. Depending on where you got your ISO it may not be a reliable image and might be the source of your issues.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  10. #30


    Florida
    Posts : 64
    Windows 8.1 Pro


    Quote Originally Posted by alphanumeric View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Rymax99 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by alphanumeric View Post
    Can you be more specific regarding your "complete re installs". How are you doing it and what are you using for install media?
    Completely formatting, and installing with my Windows 8 CD.
    OK, where did you get the Windows 8 DVD from? I ask because you normally don't get any install Media with a PC that has Windows 8 Pre installed. Depending on where you got your ISO it may not be a reliable image and might be the source of your issues.
    My Windows 8 disk (retail disk)
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Sometimes you can't hit tiles and windows key won't work
Related Threads
Work tiles and play tiles in General Support
I have a surface pro 2 and i use it at work so i ideally want my "work tiles" on the front screen and them at a certain time then say switch to my home/play tiles at say 6pm. Is this possible to have a set of tiles for a certain job rather then setting up two accounts?
Tiles won't work in Software and Apps
I have several tiles that do nothing when I touch them or use the mouse. Some are programs I have installed from the store and others I installed from disks. I have uninstalled some and re-installed them. They work the first time I touch or select the tile and then they quit working. Paul S.:(
Help tiles won't work in Software and Apps
Hi all i am having a problem when i click on tiles they are not opening or responding. Can someone please help me with this :(
Tiles don't work in Drivers & Hardware
I dual booted on a tablet pc (HP TouchSmart tx2) and when I tap a tile nothing happens (the tile shows the tapping animation but that application doesn't open), but if I click it with the mouse or pen it works.
I just need a confirmation: 1)Does the photo tile show only the same 3-4 photos from your picture library even if you have tons of photos there? 2) does the Bing travel tile slideshowing the same destinations : Budapest, Rio, Paris all day 3) does the sport app and news app show the same photo...
I installed Windows 8 on my netbook last night, I chose the 32-bit version since I only have 2GB of RAM in the ASUS Eee PC 1015PN. Windows 8 installed fine, I installed it so it would keep all of my settings and files although it only was able to keep the files. For some reason or another the...
Tiles don't work in General Support
Eight Forums Android App Eight Forums IOS App Follow us on Facebook