A new 2015 Toshiba laptop with Win 8.1 acquired to day, four hours ago
- my faithful 2012 Toshiba is near on its knees after a bad experience with Kaspersky that has screwed 2 Win7 PCs
For about 2 years I have been subscribed to Imaging threads at sevenforums.com ... but never the time to...
A web-form email I sent to K~y on 28-April-2015 (re: CPU utilization) has not been replied to after 50 days (today).
Kaspersky Safe Money has bugs, in KIS 2015, released Aug-2014.
- this year is almost half over and I am told a patch is several months away .... Kaspersky Safe Money...
How do I turn off Indexing in Win8 PRO 64bit ?
In Win7 it is easy...
But in Win8 there is no "setting" item :(
I would appreciate any help :)
PC is Dell Inspiron laptop
- loaded with all DELL extras
70 in 7 months time.
At 18 I was writing up company receipts on Kalamzoo stationery, no calculator to balance receipts and banking. My head was the only PC I had. And mesmerised by the head book-keeper punching away at a mechanical "Computator", I still don't know how that thing worked, but...
Hi David :)
It's not playing for me and only on this forum. !
- I thought by changing my password it might have "fixed" the problem ... but it hasn't
Looks like a clean install of PaleMoon ... first in 4 years.
- either corrupt .sqlite and/or .db files ... or gremlins
With some experimenting I discovered sub folders can be added to the Home folder
Right click anywhere in the "Folders" panel > Add Folder to Home
You can only add folders to "Home" folder
- I created one subfolder named "History"
... and dragged some "old" images from "Home" panel...
I cannot log-into this eightforums.com using saved username-password with my mozilla browser "Pale Moon".
- no problems logging into sevenforums.com or any other forums I visit. (About 90 forums on my bookmarks)
This a potted history of what I have tried and the results
What am I doing...
Just discovered free Avast is also an online installer :shock:
- would this be a problem while installing Avast.
- the laptop only has her financial affairs on it, nothing else (no internet banking)
My daughter is 44, old enough to make a decision about the AV she would prefer. ;)
Helping my daughter connect her Dell to our WiFi.
- our router is visible (along with all our neighbours) but connection fails
- the default Windows "Help me solve connection problems" is a dead loss ... a perpetual cycle of going nowhere
- and I know very little about WiFi setup ... count...
Have read through this thread following whs advice elswhere in sevenforums.com.
As a beginner (doing my research first)
Q1: Some questions to older posts ...
VMware does not recognise eSATA ... my laptop is USB2 only.
I am seriously considering eSATA (to replace a twitchy USB2 portable...
Hi "Brink" :)
Taskbar Thumbnail Previews - Enable or Disable - Windows 7 Forums works a treat Win-7 x32
. . . but not in Win-8 x64 :(
Type:= DWORD (32-bit)
Value:= 0 <<< to hide...
Thanks "DavidY" for your response. :)
I use the WinKey+D myself.
Here is a sample of my setup-laptop "Start" menu that I show to clients.
(Setup for me. Obviously first timers get a simper program assortment)
Tomorrow I am seeing a senior (74 yrs old) who is getting their first PC...
Thank you "xunile " for your response, :)
You are right about "not obvious", there is no icon at all. :(
But that does not resolve the fact that the factory default ... Start > Programs > Desktop ... in Win8 (on my PC) does not work.
ie, with any application/program in full screen, the...
I am using "Classic Start" menu (Classic Shell)
I have copy/dragged Start > Programs > Desktop (shortcut) ... onto the Start (menu)
When any program is open neither the (default) Start/Programs/Desktop ... nor... Start/Desktop shortcuts do anything.
ie, Desktop is not activated. :cry: