Windows 8 and 8.1 Forums

Time moving backwards

  1. #1


    Posts : 64
    Windows 8

    Time moving backwards


    The clock on my system is moving backward e.g after 10 PM it moves to 9 PM. Yesterday I updated the time 4 times in one day from time-nw.nist.gov

      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  2. #2


    Posts : 64
    Windows 8


    Bump anyone ? Any explanation ?
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  3. #3


    Posts : 5,707
    Windows 8.1 Pro


    Sounds like your motherboard's BIOS battery is nearing its end of life, seeing as your puter (I'm assuming the Dell Inspiron) is fairly senile in technological terms; it does seem so. I haven't seen time actually go backwards though...interesting, I've seen a laptop's clock get stuck at times and needs updating.

    A good fix is just simply find a compatible replacement online, and hopefully there is a panel on the backside of the laptop that can give you easy access to the old battery, and simply swap it out. If the panel isn't there to give access to it, then that means disassembly time.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  4. #4


    Posts : 64
    Windows 8


    Quote Originally Posted by Coke Robot View Post
    Sounds like your motherboard's BIOS battery is nearing its end of life, seeing as your puter (I'm assuming the Dell Inspiron) is fairly senile in technological terms; it does seem so. I haven't seen time actually go backwards though...interesting, I've seen a laptop's clock get stuck at times and needs updating.

    A good fix is just simply find a compatible replacement online, and hopefully there is a panel on the backside of the laptop that can give you easy access to the old battery, and simply swap it out. If the panel isn't there to give access to it, then that means disassembly time.
    I replaced the motherboard cell/battery two years back. I have seen time being reset to original manufacturing date but moving backward is just quite strange.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  5. #5


    Posts : 5,707
    Windows 8.1 Pro


    Quote Originally Posted by yousaf465 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Coke Robot View Post
    Sounds like your motherboard's BIOS battery is nearing its end of life, seeing as your puter (I'm assuming the Dell Inspiron) is fairly senile in technological terms; it does seem so. I haven't seen time actually go backwards though...interesting, I've seen a laptop's clock get stuck at times and needs updating.

    A good fix is just simply find a compatible replacement online, and hopefully there is a panel on the backside of the laptop that can give you easy access to the old battery, and simply swap it out. If the panel isn't there to give access to it, then that means disassembly time.
    I replaced the motherboard cell/battery two years back. I have seen time being reset to original manufacturing date but moving backward is just quite strange.
    That sounds like a tell tale sign right there...
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  6. #6


    Could it be anything to do with your timezone?
    many countries in the northern hemisphere have, yesterday, changed to winter time.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  7. #7


    Posts : 64
    Windows 8


    Quote Originally Posted by davehc View Post
    Could it be anything to do with your timezone?
    many countries in the northern hemisphere have, yesterday, changed to winter time.
    My time is PST Pakistan standard time, no more daylight savings time
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  8. #8


    Posts : 71
    Window 8/Windows 7 Dual Boot


    Could be you set it for PST (Pacific Standard Time)?
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  9. #9


    Posts : 64
    Windows 8


    Quote Originally Posted by heffe2001 View Post
    Could be you set it for PST (Pacific Standard Time)?
    No it's GMT 5+ Karachi, Islamabad time
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

Time moving backwards
Related Threads
Hello everyone. So to start off, my idea and solution to a problem i previously had (Viper4Windows cant play on Windows 8.1), i thought about why not Dual Booting Windows 8.1 and Windows 7. Windows 7 works fine with Viper4Windows, and having a Dual Boot is sometimes good to have. I also got a new...
Okay, so everytime I run Chkdsk it always finds errors on the disk. I am unsure why, but if I run chkdsk back to back, it will keep constantly find new errors every time. Also, the Chkdsk takes about 2 and a half hours to complete, and always gets stuck at 10% for most of that time. This is...
I want to make like a color changing background. One picture a lot of colors. I want to set background timer to 0.2 or what would fit for it to be smooth. Kind of like this : http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lzamr7NxJL1qjm5bto1_500.gif
(At least the Recycle Bin can be removed without a registry edit hack. These have always been my top 2 peeves of Windows.) How please. From the desktop view I simply want to look down and to the right to see the “Sunday, September 8, 2013 – 2:17PM” I see now ... but have to move my mouse...
There have been a few pre-RTM screenshots released of 8, and it seems on the Desktop, window transparency is gone while the Taskbar still has it. Another item is the fact you can choose TWO colors, one for the windows and one for the Taskbar. :cool: But it reminds me of something... 6827 The...
Windows 7 is great. Windows 8 is an appalling OS with virtually no thought given to the millions of desktop PC users. When support for W7 expires I will be buying a Mac.
Eight Forums Android App Eight Forums IOS App Follow us on Facebook