Windows 8 and 8.1 Forums

Dual Monitor Lag

  1. #1


    Posts : 2
    win 8

    Dual Monitor Lag


    As of upgrading from Win 7 Pro, to the preview release of win 8, my second monitor while playing a game in full screen will lag for example.

    Using ventrilo there will be a 2-3 second delay for the green light to show up, where as the sound is instant.

    If i have a video running while i'm in game whether it be Flash on youtube, or VLC media player it will free and stutter, the video will run at around 1 frame per 30 seconds.

    If i boot Windows 7 which is on an older HHD it runs fine, and the screen refresh rates are both at 60hz.

    Anyone have any ideas to the problem at all?

    Using latest CCC center

    AMD Phenom(tm) II X6 1090T 3.2Ghz
    8GB Ram
    OS: Build 8400 64 Bit
    AMD Radeon HD 6970
    SSD Sandisk Extreme drive
    ASUS Crosshair IV Extreme

      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  2. #2


    Posts : 4
    Windows 8


    Hello LVG.
    I have exactly the same problem as you. Have you found any solution?
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  3. #3


    City of Burj Khalifah
    Posts : 273
    8 Release Preview, 7 Home Premium


    Welcome to EightForums LVG & exel

    Have you try to update the graphics driver?

    Did you visit the manufacturer's website for the latest driver release and if the driver is windows 8 ready?

    I suggest thisissue to update about driver for I have experience it before.

    And inform us what you have got.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  4. #4


    Posts : 2
    win 8


    Quote Originally Posted by exel View Post
    Hello LVG.
    I have exactly the same problem as you. Have you found any solution?
    My solution was to Go back to windows 7.

    Quote Originally Posted by adamus View Post
    Welcome to EightForums LVG & exel

    Have you try to update the graphics driver?

    Did you visit the manufacturer's website for the latest driver release and if the driver is windows 8 ready?

    I suggest thisissue to update about driver for I have experience it before.

    And inform us what you have got.
    All my drivers are up to date, The manufacturer hasn't released windows 8 drivers but I also think that one of my monitors doesn't have any drivers for windows 7.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  5. #5


    Posts : 4
    Windows 8


    Quote Originally Posted by adamus View Post
    Welcome to EightForums LVG & exel

    Have you try to update the graphics driver?

    Did you visit the manufacturer's website for the latest driver release and if the driver is windows 8 ready?

    I suggest thisissue to update about driver for I have experience it before.

    And inform us what you have got.
    Yes. I updated the graphicsdrivers and all.
    I have not gone back to Windows 7. Guess I just have to wait and see.
    I have a Nvidia GTX 465 gfx card.

    /exel
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  6. #6


    Posts : 4
    Windows 8


    Quote Originally Posted by LVG View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by exel View Post
    Hello LVG.
    I have exactly the same problem as you. Have you found any solution?
    My solution was to Go back to windows 7.

    Quote Originally Posted by adamus View Post
    Welcome to EightForums LVG & exel

    Have you try to update the graphics driver?

    Did you visit the manufacturer's website for the latest driver release and if the driver is windows 8 ready?

    I suggest thisissue to update about driver for I have experience it before.

    And inform us what you have got.
    All my drivers are up to date, The manufacturer hasn't released windows 8 drivers but I also think that one of my monitors doesn't have any drivers for windows 7.
    -LOL-
    Dont want to do that, go back that is. Sucks!
    Guess I have to wait and see.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  7. #7


    Posts : 4
    Windows 8


    I found a solution!
    If you play the game in WindowsMode you dont get any lag.

    /exel
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  8. #8


    Posts : 3
    Windows 8 pro

    [Solved]


    I found the solution to the problem, you only need to put the games on compatibility mode - windows 7 issue completely resolved for me.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

Dual Monitor Lag
Related Threads
Dual monitor problem 8.0 vs 8.1 in Performance & Maintenance
Okay I have a little problem with Windows 8.1 Pro here is the scenario 1 Windows 8.0 Pro tablet 1 Windows 8.1 Pro laptop both machines have a 50+ inch HD TV attached each TV is set as the main display, with the tablet and laptop screens set as secondaries each are running off the Intel...
Dual Monitor problems in Graphic Cards
Hi all, new to the forum. Running Windows 8.1, I just connected a second monitor. I can see both screens side by side and each do exactly the same thing. I tried to extend ( Windows Key + P ) but nothing happens. In fact nothing happens when you press any of the choices - second screen only, PC...
Dual monitor in Performance & Maintenance
I don't know either this is the right place to ask or not. I just having my 2nd monitor. I just want to ask it is possible for me to play game and browsing the internet at the same time? The 2 monitors hooked up to the same graphic card. both of them is 23". So it is possible to play a full screen...
I recently purchased another monitor so I can run dual-monitors on my newly upgraded-to Windows 8 desktop. I set the monitor up last night, and I haven't had any major issues so far... One issue that I've run into, though, is the secondary monitor (regardless whether it's the monitor I owned first...
HP Dual Monitor Issue in Graphic Cards
I just upgraded to Windows 8 on my HP Pavillion dv6815nr. I am not having any luck connecting it to a second monitor. I followed the basic steps under "screen resolution", but my computer is not identifying the second monitor. I read that you need to go to Nvidia's control panel to connect to a...
Dual monitor problem in Graphic Cards
GPU: mobile intel express 4 series chipset family Displays: 2x Dell 1907FP connected to a dell dock. Other peeps here all got the same setup but there's one person who has a problem where in windows 8 it won't use the other monitor till he removes the driver and re-detects it again and...
Solved dual monitor question in General Support
I'm trying to keep the windows 8 start screen open on one screen and have the other open to the desktop, but any time I click an app on the desktop the 2nd screen with the win8 start screen minimizes. Is there any way to change this behavior?
Eight Forums Android App Eight Forums IOS App Follow us on Facebook