Windows 8 and 8.1 Forums

How I fixed DISM :)

  1. #1


    Harrisonburg, Va.
    Posts : 10,488
    Windows 8.1.1 Pro with Media Center

    How I fixed DISM :)


    With Windows 10 coming out the end of July some of you may not be interested in fixing---

    Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

    Others who stick with Windows 8.1 Pro or regular may find this fix useful.

    So to proceed.

    I thought the latest Windows Updates had fixed dism.
    Wrong.

    My mind wanders & I forgot I did the following in an attempt to fix dism.

    I used---

    Tweaking.com - Windows Repair

    To make changes in my 8.1 Pro system.

    See picture---

    Click image for larger version

    To get an easy way to boot to safe mode with networking install---

    Boot UI Tuner

    Click image for larger version

    Also set WMI to Automatic & Running before running dism---

    Click image for larger version

    Then after running dism you should see----

    Click image for larger version

    Ignore the sfc results as the errors are caused by the telemetry files from a Windows bad update.

    Notice the time & date of the scan---

    Click image for larger version

      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  2. #2


    N.Y.
    Posts : 2,214
    Windows 10 Pro 64bit


    Did you feel was caused by this update KB3022345 ?
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  3. #3


    Harrisonburg, Va.
    Posts : 10,488
    Windows 8.1.1 Pro with Media Center


    Quote Originally Posted by jds63 View Post
    Did you feel was caused by this update KB3022345 ?
    Yep.
    I fixed it though.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  4. #4


    N.Y.
    Posts : 2,214
    Windows 10 Pro 64bit


    Good job, David .This was used by some for SFC issues with that update, for me i removed that update for now, hopefully Win10 have better cure The Tech Cookbook Windows 8 update (KB3022345) causing corrupt files
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  5. #5


    Harrisonburg, Va.
    Posts : 10,488
    Windows 8.1.1 Pro with Media Center


    Quote Originally Posted by jds63 View Post
    Good job, David .This was used by some for SFC issues with that update, for me i removed that update for now, hopefully Win10 have better cure The Tech Cookbook – Windows 8 update (KB3022345) causing corrupt files
    Like I said, ignore the 2 sfc corruptions---

    The two corrupt files are:Hashes for file member \SystemRoot\WinSxS\amd64_microsoft-windows-u..ed-telemetry-client_31bf3856ad364e35_6.3.9600.17747_none_90df8130dac08ee0\telemetry.ASM-WindowsDefault.json do not match actual file [l:66{33}]”telemetry.ASM-WindowsDefault.json” :
    Found: {l:32 b:X5paRQlbw2v00Wlbryh/shTCSngPuV5NMY9IyDEs/HI=} Expected: {l:32 b:EeQJzlVPvq9GNIcA2FEwrOjEeuDam1G+ol3x61gKasQ=}

    Hashes for file member \SystemRoot\WinSxS\amd64_microsoft-windows-u..ed-telemetry-client_31bf3856ad364e35_6.3.9600.17747_none_90df8130dac08ee0\utc.app.json do not match actual file [l:24{12}]”utc.app.json” :

    Found: {l:32 b:JUC5i/5VApK5qT3QXfHsgN0T00T8uKFsDtICSI+MdPc=} Expected: {l:32 b:6510UErwHGoFg3sRd3gzh3HSbTceuHem3Rnk0NraKS8=}
    If dism is fixed by my method the component store is fixed & the other sfc corruptions are fixed.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  6. #6


    N.Y.
    Posts : 2,214
    Windows 10 Pro 64bit


    Quote Originally Posted by David Bailey View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jds63 View Post
    Good job, David .This was used by some for SFC issues with that update, for me i removed that update for now, hopefully Win10 have better cure The Tech Cookbook – Windows 8 update (KB3022345) causing corrupt files
    Like I said, ignore the 2 sfc corruptions---

    The two corrupt files are:Hashes for file member \SystemRoot\WinSxS\amd64_microsoft-windows-u..ed-telemetry-client_31bf3856ad364e35_6.3.9600.17747_none_90df8130dac08ee0\telemetry.ASM-WindowsDefault.json do not match actual file [l:66{33}]”telemetry.ASM-WindowsDefault.json” :
    Found: {l:32 b:X5paRQlbw2v00Wlbryh/shTCSngPuV5NMY9IyDEs/HI=} Expected: {l:32 b:EeQJzlVPvq9GNIcA2FEwrOjEeuDam1G+ol3x61gKasQ=}

    Hashes for file member \SystemRoot\WinSxS\amd64_microsoft-windows-u..ed-telemetry-client_31bf3856ad364e35_6.3.9600.17747_none_90df8130dac08ee0\utc.app.json do not match actual file [l:24{12}]”utc.app.json” :

    Found: {l:32 b:JUC5i/5VApK5qT3QXfHsgN0T00T8uKFsDtICSI+MdPc=} Expected: {l:32 b:6510UErwHGoFg3sRd3gzh3HSbTceuHem3Rnk0NraKS8=}
    If dism is fixed by my method the component store is fixed & the other sfc corruptions are fixed.
    Ahh, o.k. i see !! Since update is not so important, not causing me an issue i'll wait since i reserved Windows 10, thanks !
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  7. #7


    Harrisonburg, Va.
    Posts : 10,488
    Windows 8.1.1 Pro with Media Center


    Here lately I get a message at the last sfc run saying the fixes will take effect after the next reboot.

    Never got that message in the past.

    So I restart like it says to.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  8. #8


    N.Y.
    Posts : 2,214
    Windows 10 Pro 64bit


    Quote Originally Posted by David Bailey View Post
    Here lately I get a message at the last sfc run saying the fixes will take effect after the next reboot.

    Never got that message in the past.

    So I restart like it says to.
    Never saw that message when running into problem with SFC fixing corrupt files, but most say it may take a few reboots to fix even after a Dism. Even though we knew it was due to this update KB3022345, i recently had to reinstall windows 8.1 did all my updates and that update never came back yet and no SFC or DISM issues at all, ran numerous times. Now this one did come back for the same reasons as other update KB3068708. Go figure !
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3068708
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  9. #9


    Harrisonburg, Va.
    Posts : 10,488
    Windows 8.1.1 Pro with Media Center


    Good to hear.

    I have too many things to replace to reinstall my OS.
    I got it fixed so I'll wait & see what Microsoft does.

    Microsoft is supposed to put out a fix soon.
    So they say.

    edit- In the future I won't be using Windows Update Cleanup any more so I'll be able to uninstall unwanted Updates.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  10. #10


    N.Y.
    Posts : 2,214
    Windows 10 Pro 64bit


    Quote Originally Posted by David Bailey View Post
    Good to hear.

    I have too many things to replace to reinstall my OS.
    I got it fixed so I'll wait & see what Microsoft does.


    Microsoft is supposed to put out a fix soon.
    So they say.

    edit- In the future I won't be using Windows Update Cleanup any more so I'll be able to uninstall unwanted Updates.

    Thanks, yes, have to replace all those themes
    Micorsoft fixes...hmmm like this one i have same issues been following, so they say,o.k. yeah right !! Possibly in next OS Win 10
    Continues Errors at startup "Metadata staging failed"

    And how going to uninstall updates ? Can just go to C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\Software Distribution\Download folder delete them there too. As disk cleanup takes forever to do this on some systems.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
How I fixed DISM :)
Related Threads
Solved SFC or DISM - Which to Run First? in Performance & Maintenance
Since I have seen "both" recommended as a first step, and since the correct sequence is not defined anywhere that I can find, here's my take on this subject: Run sfc /scannow (first) This will attempt to fix any corruption from the resident component store (Note: internet access is not...
Greetings. How can I identify what file(s) are corrupted and can I use the P50t files as a repair source? If so, what do I do? I can follow instructions, most times :) Here is the problem: My wifes laptop, a Toshiba P840 (running 8.1 64bit) has a problem. I also have a Toshiba laptop, a P50t...
DISM Question in Performance & Maintenance
I have had a problem with DISM in that it runs, but can't find the source files on my pc. Can anyone tell me if I can copy Windows SXS file from another computer and put my extenal disk as a source? Both pc's are running Windows 8.1 Update 1 and are x64. The only difference in the 2 pc's is...
SFC and DISM problems in Performance & Maintenance
Ran SFC /SCANNOW which found errors it could not fix. Ran Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth and it failed with an error: 2014-02-21 21:31:48, Info DISM DISM Package Manager: PID=5744 TID=1860 Error in operation: source for package or file not found, ResolveSource()...
dism error 87 in General Support
every time I get this "DISM.exe / Image: F: \ 7work \ WIM / Add-Package / Package Path: F: \ 7work \ LP \ lp.cab" try to run I get an error situation. error 87? What should I do now. I have so many looked on google but I'm desperate. thanks (google translate)
I'm currently testing Windows 8 To Go in a enterprise environment. I have some of the officially certified 64GB Kingston Workspace drives, Kingston DataTraveler Workspace 64 GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive - 1 Pack - Newegg.com, and they work fine but at $129 per USB they are too expensive to purchase that...
USB 3 performance fixed? in Drivers & Hardware
Greetings. I have been away from Windows 8 for a long time, but now I'm about to reinstall my PC, and I might give Windows 8 another chance. One of my biggest issues with Windows 8 was the very poor USB 3 performance comparied to Windows 7 (same hardware). Does anybody know if this issue has been...
Eight Forums Android App Eight Forums IOS App Follow us on Facebook