Windows 8 and 8.1 Forums

WEI Performance Question

  1. #1

    WEI Performance Question


    Hello,
    I am running W8 on a MSI KA780G motherboard with 4 GB of 800MHz ram. The processor is an athlon X2 6000+.
    My question is should I be experiencing better performance than indicated in the snippet posted below. I have an pata DVD, and a 160 GB Seagate SATA drive with onboard graphics. I understand why the graphics pulls the overall score down, but do the other components affect the processor scores or the memory score. Basically is this thing in your learned opinions running as good as it should? Thanks always for your assistance!

    Click image for larger version

    Glenn

      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  2. #2


    Posts : 1,308
    Windows 8 enterprise x64


    It's an old build don't expect too much of it.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  3. #3


    Posts : 1,851
    8250 x86 + 7 SP1 x86 + Ubuntu 12.04 LTS x86


    No, each score is it's own separate entity. The lowest of them all is automatically your system's rating. So in theory, one machine with a rating of 5 can actually be worlds better than another machine rated 5.

    Ehhhh...I have an AGP build with DDR memory and I can play 90% of the latest games smoothly @ 1680x1050, lots of them set to full video settings. I'm playing MLB 2k12 a lot now. Framerates are always 30-40 and almost never drop below that, on maxed settings.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  4. #4


    Germany/Florida
    Posts : 4,514
    Vista and Win7


    Given that type of system, the numbers look pretty normal to me.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  5. #5


    Posts : 1,851
    8250 x86 + 7 SP1 x86 + Ubuntu 12.04 LTS x86


    Man, throw a video card in there like this for only $60, $50 after rebate and you'll be so much better off than the onboard 3200:

    Newegg.com - MSI R6450-MD2GD3/LP Radeon HD 6450 2GB 128-bit DDR3 PCI Express 2.1 x16 HDCP Ready Low Profile Ready Video Card

    Click image for larger version

    All you'd have to do is make sure your power supply can handle it, but odds are great that it easily can. The card is not a power hog by any stretch. It doesn't even need any internal power connections from the psu.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  6. #6


    Germany/Florida
    Posts : 4,514
    Vista and Win7


    One guy reports that it works with a 275W PSU.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  7. #7


    Posts : 6
    Window 8 Consumer Preview 64-bit


    Quote Originally Posted by glennc View Post
    Hello,
    I am running W8 on a MSI KA780G motherboard with 4 GB of 800MHz ram. The processor is an athlon X2 6000+.
    My question is should I be experiencing better performance than indicated in the snippet posted below. I have an pata DVD, and a 160 GB Seagate SATA drive with onboard graphics. I understand why the graphics pulls the overall score down, but do the other components affect the processor scores or the memory score. Basically is this thing in your learned opinions running as good as it should? Thanks always for your assistance!
    My first post on this forum. Busted back to buck private, not for the first time.

    I'd guess your scores are normal.

    Here is what I get with the current generation of onboard graphics on an Intel i5-2500 processor.

    Better than yours, but still not very high. But plenty good enough if not gaming.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Untitled.png  
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  8. #8


    Posts : 1,851
    8250 x86 + 7 SP1 x86 + Ubuntu 12.04 LTS x86


    Quote Originally Posted by ignatzatsonic View Post
    My first post on this forum. Busted back to buck private, not for the first time.
    It's odd to me welcoming a VIP Member to the forum when I am new myself, but nevertheless, Welcome! I suppose you are a long-time member at 7F, heh?
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  9. #9


    Posts : 6
    Window 8 Consumer Preview 64-bit


    Quote Originally Posted by GMan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ignatzatsonic View Post
    My first post on this forum. Busted back to buck private, not for the first time.
    It's odd to me welcoming a VIP Member to the forum when I am new myself, but nevertheless, Welcome! I suppose you are a long-time member at 7F, heh?
    Gman:

    Yea, a long time member there.

    5 minutes ago, when I posted, my post showed nothing but my avatar. But I see now that it has been upgraded with some other stuff. The moderators/admins at work I guess.

    I just installed a few hours ago. Still fumbling around, near hopeless. Took me a half hour to find a command prompt.

    I'm not amused yet with Win 8, but not as horrified as I figured I might be, considering what I had read about "Metro".
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  10. #10


    Quote Originally Posted by area 66 View Post
    It's an old build don't expect too much of it.
    Thanks for your response and honest opinion!
    Glenn
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
WEI Performance Question
Related Threads
Cpu performance in Performance & Maintenance
I would like to know why Cpu performance is so much better in W7 than W8 or 8.1
Hello, I'm CrazyKilla I have a GTX 780 ti and from most of the things I hear "there's nothing out there such high end cards cannot run". Sadly not true for me, I bought a EVGA gtx 780 ti superclocked and I've been playing many games. Skyrim: Very High textures with an ENB and ugridstoload is...
all, Here's what I generally have open at the same time on any development machine (windows) that I use: 10 firefox tabs Excel (2 instances) Access (2 instances) Skype A screen sharing program (like GoToMeeting / join.me) 1 youtube video
Performance really odd in Performance & Maintenance
Short version: My old laptop (3 years old, full of junk, slow) runs a minecraft game on about 25 fps. With the exact same video settings and environment, my brand new top-of-the-range quad core Samsung laptop runs it with about 11/12 fps... I've spoken to a few friends and they can't understand...
performance in Performance & Maintenance
i recently upgraded from windows 7 to windows 8 release preview and since i upgraded everything has been laggy and unsmooth as windows 7 has been fast and smooth. could this because its the unofficial OS and Microsoft needs make more compatible to more systems or do i need to get better hardware
Eight Forums Android App Eight Forums IOS App Follow us on Facebook