Windows 8 and 8.1 Forums


Windows 8 laggy interface.

  1. #11


    Trnava
    Posts : 683
    Win 8.1.1 Pro x64


    Why? CCleaner is a bare necessity. It fixes so many problems, that I even used to reinstall Windows for.

      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  2. #12


    Posts : 1,875
    Windows 10 Pro Prieview x64


    If you feel cleaning your registry helps by all means go ahead. You may find it doesn't make anything any worse if you are lucky.

    Excuse me if I don't and recommend others not to.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  3. #13


    Rio
    Posts : 85
    Triple Boot Win7, Win8.1 and 10


    Do you have a dual boot? If you do I would recommend you try first to refresh your Windows 8 install and if that doesn't work, then do a clean install formatting your Windows 8 partition.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  4. #14


    Trnava
    Posts : 683
    Win 8.1.1 Pro x64


    Quote Originally Posted by adamf View Post
    If you feel cleaning your registry helps by all means go ahead. You may find it doesn't make anything any worse if you are lucky.
    CCleaner is about cleaning temporary files not registry. It can do it as well, but it is so light, that calling it a registry cleaner is like calling a limuzine an off-road car, just because it is a car.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  5. #15


    Posts : 1,875
    Windows 10 Pro Prieview x64


    "limuzine" isn't a word. CCleaner has a registry cleaning option.

    And you point is what? Use it or not?
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  6. #16


    Rio
    Posts : 85
    Triple Boot Win7, Win8.1 and 10


    Quote Originally Posted by adamf View Post
    "limuzine" isn't a word. CCleaner has a registry cleaning option.

    And you point is what? Use it or not?
    I always have CCleaner on my PCs, it corrects/eliminates a LOT of registry errors, although I never noticed a performance difference
    after of before using it.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  7. #17


    Posts : 1,875
    Windows 10 Pro Prieview x64


    Quote Originally Posted by rafael1979 View Post
    I always have CCleaner on my PCs, it corrects/eliminates a LOT of registry errors, although I never noticed a performance difference after of before using it.
    And you therefore think it is a good thing? Because it hasn't made it worse? Like I always say - do so if you want. At best you'll not make anything worse. If you know better than Microsoft what a "registry error" is then you should ask them for a job.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  8. #18


    Rio
    Posts : 85
    Triple Boot Win7, Win8.1 and 10


    Quote Originally Posted by adamf View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by rafael1979 View Post
    I always have CCleaner on my PCs, it corrects/eliminates a LOT of registry errors, although I never noticed a performance difference after of before using it.
    And you therefore think it is a good thing? Because it hasn't made it worse? Like I always say - do so if you want. At best you'll not make anything worse. If you know better than Microsoft what a "registry error" is then you should ask them for a job.
    Ok, I'm not trying to start an argument with you, but what do you suggest as a replacement for CCleaner? Some other software or simply doing nothing about registry errors?
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  9. #19


    Posts : 1,875
    Windows 10 Pro Prieview x64


    No. Unless you really know what you are doing (in which case you wouldn't even ask the question) then don't try to play with the registry. Don't try to second guess performance. These guys all have PHD's in mathematics and we do not.

    Don't try to clean the registry.
    Don't change page file.
    Don't make a RAM disk
    Don't turn off pre-fetch.
    Don't do anything in fact unless you really know what you are doing.

    As a replacement for CCleaner - I'd suggest that you don't. If you feel you must use something then try one that doesn't involve you paying them.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  10. #20


    Rio
    Posts : 85
    Triple Boot Win7, Win8.1 and 10


    Quote Originally Posted by adamf View Post
    No. Unless you really know what you are doing (in which case you wouldn't even ask the question) then don't try to play with the registry. Don't try to second guess performance. These guys all have PHD's in mathematics and we do not.

    Don't try to clean the registry.
    Don't change page file.
    Don't make a RAM disk
    Don't turn off pre-fetch.
    Don't do anything in fact unless you really know what you are doing.

    As a replacement for CCleaner - I'd suggest that you don't. If you feel you must use something then try one that doesn't involve you paying them.
    CCleaner has never asked me to pay for it...
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Windows 8 laggy interface.
Related Threads
Hello people of eightforums, I'm having a little bit of a problem with my computer atm and I'm hoping you guys can help. Every once in a while my computer will start beeping repeatedly from the speakers but only when the mouse is moved. If the mouse is still there is no beeping. Also the cursor on...
Hey guys. i recently bought a new computer . 4GB Ram ,500GB HDD Driver, 3.0GHz ,and some INTEL video card i think. But i have a verry bad problem. Even if i have 4 GB ram and a so good computer , my games are running kind of slow. I installed GTA San Andreas, and is running slow. I installed more...
Mousepad - laggy and buzzes. in General Support
Everything was going swell until the computer froze - I couldn't move the mouse or anything and I didn't have a large amount of experience so I just held down the power button, and it turned off. When it came back on (it had merely gone to sleep) everytime I touched the mouse, beeping started...
8.1 Pro fresh install. Core 2 duo E4600 (2.4ghz). 2GB DDR2 ram. X1550 gpu. Animations are very laggy (especially the metro tabbed start). Opening or closing any window, opening an app, in app transitions... There all very laggy. From what I understand they should work smoothly. Any ideas?
Win 8.1 Pro. Laggy and slow in General Support
So I did a clean install and have just some basic programs installed like dropbox, evernote, office 365, java runtime, silverlight, dot net, firefox, chrome, vlc and adobe acrobat and my PC is laggy and slow. Performance Options been set to Adjust for best peformance (all have been switched off)....
So a a day ago I woke up, turned on my computer, and was surprised at how long it took to turn on. It took, like, 30 minutes to get to the desktop screen (I have Pokki so it goes to metro for a seconds and then automatically goes to the desktop). It took its sweet time trying to load steam and...
Hi. I've bought an upgrade to Windows 8 Pro and I'm using it as my primary OS since few days. Everything was fine so far, until I've installed San Andreas yesterday... The game is glitchy and laggy, mouse doesn't work at all, neither most of the buttons except arrow keys and control button....
Eight Forums Android App Eight Forums IOS App Follow us on Facebook