Windows 8 and 8.1 Forums


There is no sleep button in my windows 8.1 !?!?!?!

  1. #1


    Posts : 10
    Windows 8

    There is no sleep button in my windows 8.1 !?!?!?!


    Hi every body

    I have installed windows 8 just now but there is a big problem for me.
    I have no sleep button and property in my PC.
    Look the following photo :

    Click image for larger version

    As you see there is no sleep. Do I have do anything to bring it to my PC?
    I searched the net but I couldn't find the solution.
    In power option there is no sleep mode. See 2 following photos:

    Click image for larger version

    and this

    Click image for larger version

    PS : All my drivers have been installed completely.

    Please help I really need to sleep my PC

    Thanks

      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  2. #2


    Posts : 1,883
    7601.18247.x86fre.win7sp1


    Check your bios and power options there. It is likely disabled and/or something to do with overclocking cpu ability or not.

    It could also be related to your video adapter and/or its driver.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  3. #3


    Posts : 10
    Windows 8


    I checked video driver and it was fully installed.

    but how do I should check my bios and power option?
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  4. #4


    UK
    Posts : 333
    Windows Server 2012 R2 / 8.1


    Hello Shangolmangol,

    This post will give you more information around sleep states:

    Sleep States - Available on Your Windows 8 PC

    To see what your system state support.

    Run an elevated command prompt:

    1. + X
    2. + A
    3. Type, powercfg -a

    Hope this helps,

    Harry
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  5. #5


    Posts : 10
    Windows 8


    Quote Originally Posted by Harrylowt View Post
    Hello Shangolmangol,

    This post will give you more information around sleep states:

    Sleep States - Available on Your Windows 8 PC[1]=Power%20Management

    To see what your system state support.

    Run an elevated command prompt:

    1. + X
    2. + A
    3. Type, powercfg -a

    Hope this helps,

    Harry

    result :

    Click image for larger version

    no what should I do to fix the issue?
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  6. #6


    Posts : 1,883
    7601.18247.x86fre.win7sp1


    Quote Originally Posted by MasterChief View Post
    Check your bios and power options there. It is likely disabled and/or something to do with overclocking cpu ability or not.

    It could also be related to your video adapter and/or its driver.
    Look at your S3.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  7. #7


    Posts : 10
    Windows 8


    Quote Originally Posted by MasterChief View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterChief View Post
    Check your bios and power options there. It is likely disabled and/or something to do with overclocking cpu ability or not.

    It could also be related to your video adapter and/or its driver.
    Look at your S3.
    It says "standby S3 is not available"
    It means there is no way to solve this?
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  8. #8


    Posts : 446
    Win 8 64-bit


    I assume you actually want it to sleep, instead of hibernate? I.E. Keep the contents in RAM instead of writing to disk.

    If you go to 'Change advanced power settings' that is shown in your second screenshot, and go to the 'Sleep' section half way down the list, does it allow you to set 'hibernate after' to 'never' and 'sleep after' to the desired time?

    Click image for larger version
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  9. #9


    Posts : 10
    Windows 8


    Quote Originally Posted by ARC1020 View Post
    I assume you actually want it to sleep, instead of hibernate? I.E. Keep the contents in RAM instead of writing to disk.

    If you go to 'Change advanced power settings' that is shown in your second screenshot, and go to the 'Sleep' section half way down the list, does it allow you to set 'hibernate after' to 'never' and 'sleep after' to the desired time?

    Click image for larger version
    Yes I want to sleep my PC
    As you seen in new screenshot below which is next to yours there is no "Sleep After" and I can't change "hibernate after" to never:

    Click image for larger version
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  10. #10


    Posts : 1,883
    7601.18247.x86fre.win7sp1


    Did this machine come with Windows 8? I am doubting it did.

    Your only hope is updating the bios to newest (and checking settings there) and making sure you have the latest video driver installed.

    If those things don't work out, use hibernate.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
There is no sleep button in my windows 8.1 !?!?!?!
Related Threads
I am glad I found this site! Brink has created all kinds of cool desktop shortcuts for 8.1 There is one that I hope he can help me with. I have created a shutdown shortcut on my Win 8.1 tablet that works nicely (thanks to Brink). My tablet has a physical button on the side that is used to...
Hey guys. I'm having a problem with putting my computer in sleep mode. On the Start Screen if I click on the power logo there is no sleep option. Ive read about this problem and how to fix it but it only gets me a Hibernate button. Do any of you guys know how to get the sleep button back? Thanks...
Hey there everyone, Long-time lurker and technician here, thanks for all the assistance in the past and future. I've encountered a sleep-related problem on my tower (desktop). Some time after a long idle (~12-16 hours), my machine just goes to sleep. I require this machine to be up 24/7, so...
When I leave my computer after a session, it automatically goes into sleep mode after a period of time and remains that way till I wake it up. However when I manually put it to sleep ( via shutdown options) , it goes to sleep immediately but for only a while ( a few minutes) then it shows...
I don't know how to wake my PC up without pressing power button. There's nothing wrong with doing it this way, it's just inconvenient. Can it wake on key press?
I'm running Win8 Pro 64 bit on a Dell Precision 490 desktop. I upgraded from XP so it was basically a clean install. I have my power button configured to put the system to sleep and it will do that ONCE after I turn it on. After that, pushing the power button does nothing until the next reboot...
Hi, I'm new to the forum, and fairly new to Windows 8, which I've been using from the desktop as I can't get on with the Start menu and its tiles. Not using Start8. Anyway, I was using the desktop taskbar with its Start button and Show desktop button and today they have both disappeared. How...
Eight Forums Android App Eight Forums IOS App Follow us on Facebook