Windows 8 and 8.1 Forums


windows experience index went down

  1. #1


    Posts : 79
    windows 8 single language

    windows experience index went down


    it went down from 5.8 to 5.6 and i need to know why

      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  2. #2


    Posts : 22,565
    64-bit Windows 10


    Hello xbabeoo,

    This depends on which hardware subscore dropped.

    Most likely, it's due to an updated driver for that item (ex: graphics). Drivers can cause the WEI score for that item to go up and down a tiny bit since the drivers can affect their performance.

    Hope this helps some,
    Shawn
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  3. #3


    Posts : 79
    windows 8 single language


    Quote Originally Posted by Brink View Post
    Hello xbabeoo,

    This depends on which hardware subscore dropped.

    Most likely, it's due to an updated driver for that item (ex: graphics). Drivers can cause the WEI score for that item to go up and down a tiny bit since the drivers can affect their performance.

    Hope this helps some,
    Shawn
    thank you and yes i updated the graphic card lately i think that what 'cos the problem
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  4. #4


    Posts : 22,565
    64-bit Windows 10


    Yep, a new graphics card would do this. If you have not already, you might see if installing the latest drivers for it may be able to help improve it's performance some.

    What brand and model is the new graphics card?
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  5. #5


    Posts : 79
    windows 8 single language


    Quote Originally Posted by Brink View Post
    Yep, a new graphics card would do this. If you have not already, you might see if installing the latest drivers for it may be able to help improve it's performance some.

    What brand and model is the new graphics card?
    sorry for taking long time to replay. it's nvidia gforce gt740m latest update is v 332.21
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  6. #6


    Posts : 22,565
    64-bit Windows 10


    No worries. You might see if the 334.67 beta driver may run better.

    Latest NVIDIA GeForce Graphics Drivers for Windows 8
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  7. #7


    Posts : 79
    windows 8 single language


    Quote Originally Posted by Brink View Post
    No worries. You might see if the 334.67 beta driver may run better.

    Latest NVIDIA GeForce Graphics Drivers for Windows 8
    i will try it thank you for your help
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  8. #8


    Posts : 22,565
    64-bit Windows 10


    You're most welcome.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

windows experience index went down
Related Threads
Windows Experience Index has disappeared??? in Performance & Maintenance
I can't find when I right-click on the start-button and select system. It doesn't even tell me what the score for my computer is. How do I get it back??? I know I can run it as a console command but I really prefer the "normal" version of it...
cant rate windows experience index in Performance & Maintenance
helo i find error in the process of rating my windows xperience index n i need a so;ution so i could rate to get my system scores
When I run WEI it stops after a while and displays a message in Windows System Assessment Tool : "WSAT has stopped working.(A problem caused the program to stop working properly)". What can I do to make it work ?
Windows 8 Experience Index Oddness in Performance & Maintenance
Just bought a new laptop. It came with a 750 GB 5400 RPM drive so I'm currently creating recovery media so I can quickly copy everything to a SATA III SSD I bought which will serve as the OS drive afterwards. As such I haven't installed any games yet to find out whether there's an actual issue,...
I know windows 7 went up to 7.9 Has anything changed? might be useful in demonstrating system performance to noobs, but not if the target is too easy to reach.. again. 11500
Solved Windows Experience Index won't run in Performance & Maintenance
I did a clean install of Windows 8 Enterprise N, installed Kaspersky Internet Security 2013 and tried to run WEI but it says: The Windows Experience Index for your system could not be computed. Cannot complete the requested assessment. This system does not have the necessary multi-media support to...
Eight Forums Android App Eight Forums IOS App Follow us on Facebook