Windows 8 and 8.1 Forums


[Help]Advanced Startup Option in Windows 8.1

  1. #1


    Posts : 4
    Windows 8.1

    [Help]Advanced Startup Option in Windows 8.1




    I have a problem right here. My Windows 8.1 is missing the Troubleshoot option like the above picture. It just have 2 option: Continue and Turn off PC. I haven't find out any solution in the internet.

      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  2. #2


    Posts : 1,121
    Windows 8.1 x64


    Well, I suppose I will start. Could you open an administrative command prompt and type the following command. Insert the results on your next post.

    reagentc /info

    A picture of your Disk Management window, showing the partitions with the graphical section shown might also be helpful.

    But it looks like you don't have the options available for some reason.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  3. #3


    Posts : 4
    Windows 8.1


    Quote Originally Posted by Saltgrass View Post
    Well, I suppose I will start. Could you open an administrative command prompt and type the following command. Insert the results on your next post.

    reagentc /info

    A picture of your Disk Management window, showing the partitions with the graphical section shown might also be helpful.

    But it looks like you don't have the options available for some reason.
    Click image for larger version


    Can u see this picture?That's the result. Thanks for your seeing my post
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  4. #4


    From your picture, I think, perhaps, you have installed another OS (Win 7?) after Windows 8, so you are booting into the Windows 7 manager?
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  5. #5


    Posts : 4
    Windows 8.1


    Quote Originally Posted by davehc View Post
    From your picture, I think, perhaps, you have installed another OS (Win 7?) after Windows 8, so you are booting into the Windows 7 manager?
    No, I have not installed another windows, just only windows 8.1. The 350MB partition is automatically created when I parted my HDD, I cannot delete it
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  6. #6


    Posts : 1,121
    Windows 8.1 x64


    Ok, another question and maybe another check.

    Have you ever used the EaseUS partition manager?

    Open up the Administrative command prompt again and check the partition types. When you run the commands, use the Disk number the OS is on if you have more than one drive.

    Diskpart
    list disk
    select disk 0
    list partition

    Then attach the results. You can copy from a command prompt by right clicking and selecting mark. Then highlight what you want to copy and right click again.

    If one of the partitions shows a Type as OEM, we can fix that. If it does not, it may be something other than what I am thinking.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  7. #7


    Posts : 1,121
    Windows 8.1 x64


    I have been unable to duplicate the EaseUS problem on a Legacy Windows 8.1 install, although the System partition not having a label looks suspicious. It should show as System Reserved, so the fact it does not, might be some indication. Have you done anything to alter that partition?

    How are you getting to the page in the attachment? Are you starting in Windows, or booting to some recovery/install media or F key?

    Edit: Is the attachment from your actual 8.1 system or from another install of Windows 8?
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  8. #8


    Posts : 2
    Win 8.1


    Quote Originally Posted by Saltgrass View Post
    Ok, another question and maybe another check.

    Have you ever used the EaseUS partition manager?

    Open up the Administrative command prompt again and check the partition types. When you run the commands, use the Disk number the OS is on if you have more than one drive.

    Diskpart
    list disk
    select disk 0
    list partition

    Then attach the results. You can copy from a command prompt by right clicking and selecting mark. Then highlight what you want to copy and right click again.

    If one of the partitions shows a Type as OEM, we can fix that. If it does not, it may be something other than what I am thinking.
    Mine says OEM 400MB partition , used easues before for partitioning , hp envy 15 came with win 8.1 itself , no troubleshoot option please help
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  9. #9


    My original query. Windows 8 was apparently installed, and then Windows 8.1 was installed from an ISO, as a dual boot? This would account for the posted Window.

    FWIw This may not be so, in your case.
    When Windows 8 was first released, I had huge problem trying to install it on an Envy i5. I found a workaround here:
    Windows 8 & HP Envy 15 Installation Issue! - Microsoft Community

    which didn't work for me. There were numerous posts in the Dell site, regarding the problem. In the end I sold the laptop and bought a Vostro.

    Question is (yet another one!), have you ever been able to boot into the OS?
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  10. #10


    Posts : 2
    Win 8.1


    Quote Originally Posted by davehc View Post
    My original query. Windows 8 was apparently installed, and then Windows 8.1 was installed from an ISO, as a dual boot? This would account for the posted Window.

    FWIw This may not be so, in your case.
    When Windows 8 was first released, I had huge problem trying to install it on an Envy i5. I found a workaround here:
    Windows 8 & HP Envy 15 Installation Issue! - Microsoft Community

    which didn't work for me. There were numerous posts in the Dell site, regarding the problem. In the end I sold the laptop and bought a Vostro.

    Question is (yet another one!), have you ever been able to boot into the OS?
    If the question was meant to me , to your info , the lap came with 8.1 (thats what i wrote in above post) , no troubleshoot option in advanced startup , and first partition (400mb) is oem
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
[Help]Advanced Startup Option in Windows 8.1
Related Threads
Hello, A few days ago I reinstalled Windows due to some problems, all resolved now. However, a new problem has occurred. When I go to Advanced Startup and click "Restart Now" to go into the advanced startup mode, it doesn't work. The computer restarts and simply goes back to the log in screen. I...
NEW option is not working in Drive Options (Advanced) during the installation of windows 8.. option is GREY instead of BLUE.. If anyone can help..
The Troubleshoot icon that should be under the 'Advanced Startup' Option is missing. System is a new Dell Latitude 10 ST2 Tablet running Windows 8. Have access to 9 other identical tablets, all configured the same and they all have the Troubleshoot Option. Have tried multiple methods of getting...
usually,Windows 8.1 advanced startup options -> troubleshoot menu should be 39813 39814 But my troubleshoot->advanced options only have UEFI Firmware and Startup Settings 39815 How to fix it? I have to use command prompt
Per this article below, I used the advanced startup menu in Win 8.1 to disable signed driver checking.Windows 8 and Intel USB 3.0 Host Controllers | Plugable After I installed some unsigned Intel Usb 3.0 drivers, every time I shutdown and restart the machine from the old (Win 7) desktop, or the...
I have a Microsoft Sidewinder X4 USB keyboard. When I restart Windows 8 using Advanced Startup Mode I get the familiar menu where you have to enter F1-F9 to select an option (or F10 for more options). My keyboard doesn't work, however. I tried pressing all of the F-keys but none of them are...
I've had two computers in the last few weeks where i was unable to get to the Advanced Startup functions through Settings>Change PC Settings. On one machine, clicking Change PC Settings just kept giving a blank white screen. The other PC simply would not boot. (On one of those PC's I wanted to get...
Eight Forums Android App Eight Forums IOS App Follow us on Facebook