Windows 8 and 8.1 Forums


Limited Connection problem

  1. #1


    Belgium
    Posts : 4
    Windows 8.1 Pro

    Limited Connection problem


    So, recently this thingy has made its debut: Click image for larger version
    I've read what could be causing this. I've tried:

    • re-installing network drivers
    • letting the modem choose an IP address itself
    • assigning an IP myself

    Nothing helped. What can I do to solve this problem? I got access to internet with an ethernet cable even though this thing pops up.

      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  2. #2


    San Jose - California
    Posts : 2,847
    8.1x64PWMC Ubuntu14.04x64 MintMate17x64


    If you wish, you can try:
    1. Unplug the power from the modem & router. Wait 5-10 minutes then power on the modem first. When it's online then power on the router.
    2. Open Admin command prompt and type: ipconfig /flushdns then restart your PC.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  3. #3


    Belgium
    Posts : 4
    Windows 8.1 Pro


    Quote Originally Posted by topgundcp View Post
    If you wish, you can try:
    1. Unplug the power from the modem & router. Wait 5-10 minutes then power on the modem first. When it's online then power on the router.
    2. Open Admin command prompt and type: ipconfig /flushdns then restart your PC.
    Thanks for these, but unfortunately, they didn't work.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  4. #4


    Belgium
    Posts : 4
    Windows 8.1 Pro


    Anyone else out there have a solution to my problem, please jump in.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  5. #5


    Belgium
    Posts : 4
    Windows 8.1 Pro


    Anyone..? I still have this issue.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  6. #6


    Posts : 7
    windows 8


    Quote Originally Posted by Cerberus37 View Post
    So, recently this thingy has made its debut: Click image for larger version
    I've read what could be causing this. I've tried:

    • re-installing network drivers
    • letting the modem choose an IP address itself
    • assigning an IP myself

    Nothing helped. What can I do to solve this problem? I got access to internet with an ethernet cable even though this thing pops up.
    Hey there, I've been having the same problem as well and this has been happening ever since I refreshed my laptop aspire v5 windows 8. The only reason I refreshed it is because of "sound" issues meaning I had no sound at all and refreshing was the only thing that seemed to work
    I had no problem prior to this so it's definitely something to do with the refresh and what it took with it etc. Just like another post on this forum I have a desktop and another laptop and I have no issues with them.
    I have read various posts relating to this problem and tried just about every one of them but no luck. The latest one I tried was https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bhnp...DK8kbTSWyoJpno (unchecking "allow the computer to turn off this device to save power") but no good. I tried the modem/router thing, getting rid of bloatware/antivirus programs(I only have windows defender now) I tried disabling and uninstalling network adaptors but no cigar.
    It would not surprise me if my connection cut out right now as I post this first one on the forum
    Any suggestions would be great. Thanks
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  7. #7


    Posts : 31
    Windows 8


    wireless or hard wire? Flush dns then try deleting the connection in network and sharing. unplug the modem first .
    shut down don't just restart.
    plug the modem back in and wait till it comes back up completely then start your computer. See if this helps.
    Your 'puter should re-recognize the connection, you'll probably have to put your name and password in again.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  8. #8


    Posts : 7
    windows 8


    It's wireless. Flush dns? don't know what that is. Know how to do the rest
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  9. #9


    Posts : 7
    windows 8


    Quote Originally Posted by Goldy View Post
    wireless or hard wire? Flush dns then try deleting the connection in network and sharing. unplug the modem first .
    shut down don't just restart.
    plug the modem back in and wait till it comes back up completely then start your computer. See if this helps.
    Your 'puter should re-recognize the connection, you'll probably have to put your name and password in again.
    Yes just found out what flush dns is and did what you said. I did not have to put in my username and password in which is good. I'm waiting now to see what happens.
    I'll let you know..Thanks Goldy!
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  10. #10


    Posts : 7
    windows 8


    Quote Originally Posted by swaffi View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldy View Post
    wireless or hard wire? Flush dns then try deleting the connection in network and sharing. unplug the modem first .
    shut down don't just restart.
    plug the modem back in and wait till it comes back up completely then start your computer. See if this helps.
    Your 'puter should re-recognize the connection, you'll probably have to put your name and password in again.
    Yes just found out what flush dns is and did what you said. I did not have to put in my username and password in which is good. I'm waiting now to see what happens.
    I'll let you know..Thanks Goldy!
    Well, the news is not good, the same thing is happening.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Limited Connection problem
Related Threads
LAN connection limited acces in Network & Sharing
Hello I'm at my home and I'm connected with both WiFi and a LAN cable (running out of the wall, connected to a switch). The WiFi connection runs fine, everything up and running. However my LAN connection often (not always, but most of the time) tells me 'limited access'. When I run ipconfig,...
Solved limited wireless connection in Network & Sharing
Hi folks I am using Windows 8 consumer Preview I Upgraded form Win 7 , I am now having a problem with my wireless network connections, (once connected to the router it stays connected,) but on booting it show that I only have limited connection and would not connect to the internet. I then have...
Limited Connection in Network & Sharing
Hello in Windows 8.1 i have limited connection all new drivers..reinstalled windows ..nothing 2 days ago was everything fine
Limited Ethernet- No Connection in Network & Sharing
Problem - I cannot at all connect to the internet. Details - NETWORK Connections is Ethernet Limited. HARDWARE positive that adapter router modem works. Already installed network drivers (REaltek LAN Drivers, windows 8 64 bit)- GIGABYTE - Motherboard - Socket FM2+ - GA-F2A88X-UP4 (rev....
Solved Limited Connection on Ethernet in Network & Sharing
Hi there people. I don't know if this was posted and solved way back then but I'm having this problem on my ethernet adapter. My connection just went 'limited connection' but I can browse and download on the web with ease. Also, my metro apps like mail, and news, facebook does not update, and also...
Last night, my router worked perfectly. Just the occasional lag spikes as normal. When I got on this morning, it said that my connection was limited. So I went to the network and sharing center, and ran a troubleshoot on my router. It came up fixed, so I proceeded to play League of Legends. Twice...
Limited wireless connection in Network & Sharing
I have read previous posts that say to uninstall 3rd party virus software/firewalls and this should solve the wireless connection dropping. Mine still drops after I have uninstalled McAfree. What else can I do? It usually drops several times a night!!! Really annoying.
Eight Forums Android App Eight Forums IOS App Follow us on Facebook