Windows 8 and 8.1 Forums


someone have the same ip address as me

  1. #11


    Central IL
    Posts : 3,468
    Linux Mint 17.2


    Find another chat site. No need for that kind of stress. If the admin is trying to play God, overlord, and ruler. But they are not the owner. The site owner needs to address their behavior. If the admin is the Site holder. There is nothing you can do. But walk away.

    BTW, what kind of chat site is this that is pulling this?

      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  2. #12


    The only way you have same IP is of you are on the same local network behind a NAT.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  3. #13


    broe23
    it's a 123 flash chat site .
    pparks1
    so it can happen if we both have same ISP ? thank you
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  4. #14


    Joisey
    Posts : 315
    Windows 8.1 consumer 64 bit


    What is your IP address? If it starts with 10, 172, or 192 then your ISP is using one IP for all of their customers. If so then I don't think there is anything you can do short of changing ISPs.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  5. #15


    Posts : 1,875
    Windows 10 Pro Prieview x64


    or use tor
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  6. #16


    Quote Originally Posted by mikeytg View Post
    What is your IP address? If it starts with 10, 172, or 192 then your ISP is using one IP for all of their customers. If so then I don't think there is anything you can do short of changing ISPs.
    Those are internal ranges for private use only. They cannot be used on the internet, as they are not routeable.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  7. #17


    Central IL
    Posts : 3,468
    Linux Mint 17.2


    Quote Originally Posted by pparks1 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeytg View Post
    What is your IP address? If it starts with 10, 172, or 192 then your ISP is using one IP for all of their customers. If so then I don't think there is anything you can do short of changing ISPs.
    Those are internal ranges for private use only. They cannot be used on the internet, as they are not routeable.
    Some ISP's are using those IP ranges for their Internal network. Then they use one main IP for their WAN IP.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  8. #18


    Quote Originally Posted by broe23 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by pparks1 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeytg View Post
    What is your IP address? If it starts with 10, 172, or 192 then your ISP is using one IP for all of their customers. If so then I don't think there is anything you can do short of changing ISPs.
    Those are internal ranges for private use only. They cannot be used on the internet, as they are not routeable.
    Some ISP's are using those IP ranges for their Internal network. Then they use one main IP for their WAN IP.
    All ISP's use those ranges for their internal networks. That's what they are created for. But you then have to NAT out to the Internet as they are RFC-1918 non-routable addresses. (RFC 1918 - Address Allocation for Private Internets). The web server you go to will never see your internal LAN address, nor be able to block it, they have to use your WAN IP as it's the only routable one.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  9. #19


    Central IL
    Posts : 3,468
    Linux Mint 17.2


    pparks1, you are correct. But there are ISP's that when you connect to their network through your modem. They are using the IP ranges stated. Those are usually going to be Co-op's or ISP's in small towns, that are still using older equipment for their DSL customers.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  10. #20


    I have seen what broe23 described. Years ago a large local ISP used this system with DSL for a time. In the future it may become more common as IP addresses become more scarce. IPV6 is the real answer but not compatible with older equipment.

    In this case if one IP address is banned many users would be effected.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
someone have the same ip address as me
Related Threads
Changing IP address in Network & Sharing
Hi. I have windows 8 and I am trying to change my IP address but having much trouble. When I try to do it through command promt it say "IPconfig /release keeps saying I need elevation ". wtf. Help please.
So it just seemed to happen the other day but when I go to search for something in the address bar it would normally search bing, however I noticed today it searches my ISP which is charter. I tried going tools>manage add-ons>search providers but bing is the only one listed. Is their another...
Hi All, I have Windows 8 which I have been using for 4 months now with little problem. Last night I noticed the internet address bar does not have previously typed urls there no more, all it has is the start page url. So, when you click on the down arrown at the far right of the screen to...
Solved where do i find the address in Browsers & Mail
with windows XP there was an address bar at the upper left corner that if you used copy and past you could send a specific page or youtube video. but if you look at the upper left corner that is not what is there. what's there is the smaller box that was below the big box with the address you could...
change mac address in Network & Sharing
when i got my new laptop (dell vostro v131) i try to change my MAC with the network adapter advance properties but this function not exist in my adapter (intel centrino n 1030) i search and fund this software Technitium MAC Address Changer v5 Release 3 (FREEWARE) but when i run the install i...
Solved New user without email address in User Accounts and Family Safety
How to you add a new user account without supplying MS with a email address?
Ipconfig doesn't seem to work....
Eight Forums Android App Eight Forums IOS App Follow us on Facebook