Windows 8 and 8.1 Forums


Is anyone else having this problem?

  1. #21


    Well both machines are in the same subnet but for some reason you using static DNS server IP's on the Windows 7 machines while the Windows 8 machine is getting the DNS from the router.

    Try removing the DNS IP entries from the IPv4 properties of the Atheros adaptor on the Windows 7 machine.

    Also, disable this leaf Ethernet connection.

    If were going to have two people giving advice then I will be heading outta here.

    This type of trouble shooting will not succeed with two people trying to help. There are plenty of other active threads.

    I'm also well aware there are two different Ethernet connections.

      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  2. #22


    Quote Originally Posted by Clintlgm View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by vafangool View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by chev65 View Post

    No that isn't normal at all. You are using two different networks here which is why I asked for the model number of the modem.

    I need to see the ipconfig/all from one of the Windows 8 machines and the Windows 7 machines.

    What is the leaf adaptor connected to?
    The leaf adapter doesn't connect to anything it has a private Apipa address. My router broadcasts two separate ones a 2..4 and 5ghz broadcast. When you connect wirelessly you can choose either one. They have different ssid but I don't connect wirelessly on my 8 machine now
    This appears to be two separate NIC Adapters? like maybe you have an onboard one and then added a second NIC Card?
    Thats what it looks like but I didnt add one....I did add a wireless card but that isnt it....I dont know where they both came from
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  3. #23


    Quote Originally Posted by chev65 View Post
    Well both machines are in the same subnet but for some reason you using static DNS server IP's on the Windows 7 machines while the Windows 8 machine is getting the DNS from the router.

    Try removing the DNS IP entries from the IPv4 properties of the Atheros adaptor on the Windows 7 machine.

    Also, disable this leaf Ethernet connection.

    If were going to have two people giving advice then I will be heading outta here.

    This type of trouble shooting will not succeed with two people trying to help. There are plenty of other active threads.

    I'm also well aware there are two different Ethernet connections.

    ahh you know what that is from... I forgot I had set up a static ip on the 7 laptop a while ago and remember how I said i had changed my router recently, I guess the other router used outside dns servers and now this new one acts as a dns server because that is new..... all my machines used to use those other dns adresses.... I did disable that leaf ethernet connection...
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  4. #24


    Quote Originally Posted by vafangool View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by chev65 View Post
    Well both machines are in the same subnet but for some reason you using static DNS server IP's on the Windows 7 machines while the Windows 8 machine is getting the DNS from the router.

    Try removing the DNS IP entries from the IPv4 properties of the Atheros adaptor on the Windows 7 machine.

    Also, disable this leaf Ethernet connection.

    If were going to have two people giving advice then I will be heading outta here.

    This type of trouble shooting will not succeed with two people trying to help. There are plenty of other active threads.

    I'm also well aware there are two different Ethernet connections.

    ahh you know what that is from... I forgot I had set up a static ip on the 7 laptop a while ago and remember how I said i had changed my router recently, I guess the other router used outside dns servers and now this new one acts as a dns server because that is new..... all my machines used to use those other dns adresses.... I did disable that leaf ethernet connection...
    You can set up a proper DNS in your routers settings under DNS. You should use a common DNS server here for all machines. This will show up as the routers default gateway in the ipconfig/all . Also change the static IP to DHCP to make sure that everything is in the same subnet.

    Try using Google's DNS at 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 for now. I'm not sure if this can be the problem, it would be strange for the DNS to create such strange problems.

    And no, the leaf adaptor is not showing up as a wireless NIC, it's showing up as an Ethernet connection.

    Ok are we really going to repeat my suggestions?
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  5. #25


    Quote Originally Posted by vafangool View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Clintlgm View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by vafangool View Post

    The leaf adapter doesn't connect to anything it has a private Apipa address. My router broadcasts two separate ones a 2..4 and 5ghz broadcast. When you connect wirelessly you can choose either one. They have different ssid but I don't connect wirelessly on my 8 machine now
    This appears to be two separate NIC Adapters? like maybe you have an onboard one and then added a second NIC Card?
    Thats what it looks like but I didnt add one....I did add a wireless card but that isnt it....I dont know where they both came from
    Yes that makes sense the leaf adapter would be the Wireless NIC. So then you have the RealTec as LAN NIC and the LEAF would be the Wireless NIC. And it would be Normal for it to be a private network. meaning that you need a password to log on to it? you probable need to turn one or the other off.

    Sorry about stepping on you @ Chev65
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  6. #26


    Quote Originally Posted by chev65 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by vafangool View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by chev65 View Post
    Well both machines are in the same subnet but for some reason you using static DNS server IP's on the Windows 7 machines while the Windows 8 machine is getting the DNS from the router.

    Try removing the DNS IP entries from the IPv4 properties of the Atheros adaptor on the Windows 7 machine.

    Also, disable this leaf Ethernet connection.

    If were going to have two people giving advice then I will be heading outta here.

    This type of trouble shooting will not succeed with two people trying to help. There are plenty of other active threads.

    I'm also well aware there are two different Ethernet connections.

    ahh you know what that is from... I forgot I had set up a static ip on the 7 laptop a while ago and remember how I said i had changed my router recently, I guess the other router used outside dns servers and now this new one acts as a dns server because that is new..... all my machines used to use those other dns adresses.... I did disable that leaf ethernet connection...
    You can set up a proper DNS in your routers settings under DNS. You should use a common DNS server here for all machines. This will show up as the routers default gateway in the ipconfig/all .

    Try using Google's DNS at 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 for now. I'm not sure if this can be the problem, it would be strange for the DNS to create such strange problems.

    yea i am going to do that.....I took the static off of the 7 laptop... Click image for larger version this is confusing me as the name of the network there is one of the wireless SSID's and why cant I change it .....
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  7. #27


    Quote Originally Posted by vafangool View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by chev65 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by vafangool View Post


    ahh you know what that is from... I forgot I had set up a static ip on the 7 laptop a while ago and remember how I said i had changed my router recently, I guess the other router used outside dns servers and now this new one acts as a dns server because that is new..... all my machines used to use those other dns adresses.... I did disable that leaf ethernet connection...
    You can set up a proper DNS in your routers settings under DNS. You should use a common DNS server here for all machines. This will show up as the routers default gateway in the ipconfig/all .

    Try using Google's DNS at 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 for now. I'm not sure if this can be the problem, it would be strange for the DNS to create such strange problems.

    yea i am going to do that.....I took the static off of the 7 laptop... Click image for larger version this is confusing me as the name of the network there is one of the wireless SSID's and why cant I change it .....
    That is perfectly normal with the SSID showing up as the name under Ethernet, same as mine.

    Everything appears ok besides the static DNS, IP's.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  8. #28


    Click image for larger version see how my laptop is on another one.... whats confusing me...is I thought this just was for wireless broadcasts...
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  9. #29


    Quote Originally Posted by chev65 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by vafangool View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by chev65 View Post

    You can set up a proper DNS in your routers settings under DNS. You should use a common DNS server here for all machines. This will show up as the routers default gateway in the ipconfig/all .

    Try using Google's DNS at 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 for now. I'm not sure if this can be the problem, it would be strange for the DNS to create such strange problems.

    yea i am going to do that.....I took the static off of the 7 laptop... Click image for larger version this is confusing me as the name of the network there is one of the wireless SSID's and why cant I change it .....
    That is perfectly normal with the SSID showing up as the name under Ethernet, same as mine.

    Everything appears ok besides the static DNS, IP's.

    it doesnt matter that each pc is displaying a different SSID? and im about to change the dns to google ...
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  10. #30


    and chev thanks for taking the time out to help me, I really appreciate it.... You are the only person on here who has really went out of their way to help me....
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Is anyone else having this problem?
Related Threads
Here is my problem When i write my DVD-R with Nero/Imgburn/Burnaware it says burnt successful but it fails to verify and even dvd is blank when i reinsert in laptop and my friends computer. I have tried to burnt at slower speeds but still same problem.:rolleyes: My dvd drive reads other DVDs...
When I try to check for a solution to a problem (Control Panel\System and Security\Action Center\Problem Reports) a warning appears telling me to connect to the Internet or to try later… 44832 The problem is that I am connected to the Internet while I receive this message and now I do not see...
I have 2 issues. I don't know if they are related somehow. 1. I installed PrivaZer and deleted it. It still shows up on the right click context menu. I tried to reinstall it and deleted it again. I still have that problem. I even restarted the computer. How can I get rid of the entry? 2....
So i'm trying to delete this file i have in my downloads folder, which is a normal .avi file. however, this file is really broken, it wont delete. I suspect this file makes my folder not showing thumbnails and acting slow and sometimes wont show anything at all, just a loading bar thing. i...
Hey, running Windows 8.1 64bit, Asrock Z87E-ITX mobo, Intel 4770K Problem 1: When i shot down my pc via windows Shot Down button pc doesn't go Off. I see Windows Off screen, screen goes black but pc still running. Solution? Problem 2: When my pc goes sleep or monitor goes sleep i can't...
I had no problems with Customer Preview, everything worked, but, I must say that this Release Preview is another story all together. My PC hardware configuration is unchanged since installing Windows 7 when it came on to the market. 1. Doing a clean install did not install a clean...
Eight Forums Android App Eight Forums IOS App Follow us on Facebook