Windows 8 and 8.1 Forums


cant access shared folders with live account

  1. #11


    yea I have done that a few times already...its weird it just wont work fine unless Im on the local account...and also what I noticed now is I dont get the kernel event tracing errors on sartup when Im on the live account..I had posted about that a few days ago and you had helped me on it as well.....I tried leaving the homegroup and starting it on the 7pro machine or maybe creating a new microsoft live account

      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  2. #12


    Quote Originally Posted by vafangool View Post
    yea I have done that a few times already...its weird it just wont work fine unless Im on the local account...and also what I noticed now is I dont get the kernel event tracing errors on sartup when Im on the live account..I had posted about that a few days ago and you had helped me on it as well.....I tried leaving the homegroup and starting it on the 7pro machine or maybe creating a new microsoft live account
    OK, sorry I didn't even realize you were the same person with the kernel event problems, it's no wonder you are having problems with those error messages. Something is hosed up good on this system just not sure what.

    Try running the following command in an elevated command prompt while you are signed into the Windows live account.

    Code:
     Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  3. #13


    okay I will give that a shot..thanks
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  4. #14


    okay I went ahead and did that it said the restore operation completed successfully and the component store was repaired...Im going to reboot and see if anything changed with the folders because I just treid it and I still cant access it...
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  5. #15


    still the same problem...I was actually thinking of maybe restoring windows back and restarting everything over again... I was having a bunch of problems with bsod's but I fixed that cuz it was a bad stick of ram and lately I have been having problems with it hanging on restart and not shutting down.... It actually just hung on the restart just now.. I had fixed a dcom error to recently I just may and try to give windows a fresh start again...I really appreciate all your help and patience chev ...
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  6. #16


    Quote Originally Posted by vafangool View Post
    still the same problem...I was actually thinking of maybe restoring windows back and restarting everything over again... I was having a bunch of problems with bsod's but I fixed that cuz it was a bad stick of ram and lately I have been having problems with it hanging on restart and not shutting down.... It actually just hung on the restart just now.. I had fixed a dcom error to recently I just may and try to give windows a fresh start again...I really appreciate all your help and patience chev ...
    I'm surprised that this system passed the sfc /scannow but repairs were required to fix the component store corruption, usually the two go hand in hand with both being requiring repairs. You might try running the sfc command once more.

    I agree that the refresh and reinstall is probably the best option at this point.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  7. #17


    yea I have ran the sfc a bunch of times and it has never found anything...this 8.1 has a ton of bugs...I just fixed something with the event viewer too...
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  8. #18


    Quote Originally Posted by vafangool View Post
    yea I have ran the sfc a bunch of times and it has never found anything...this 8.1 has a ton of bugs...I just fixed something with the event viewer too...
    I think in this case the Windows 8 installation was corrupted before the upgrade to Windows 8.1 which typically leads to problems.

    I have no such bugs with 8.1 and I've been running the RTM since Oct. 1.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  9. #19


    yea I am going to see about doing a clean install again.... I did run the system file checker and it found nothing wrong.. The event viewer problem seemed to be a common thing that alot of people got when they upgraded to 8.1 ...I still have a few more errors to look into unless I just do another clean install... Regardless thanks alot again chev65 for helping me out...
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
cant access shared folders with live account
Related Threads
Greetings all, I've browsed the forums a bit this evening trying to solve an issue that just showed up. Didn't find an exact fit in any other post, so I started a new one... Computers involved: W2K3 Standard SP2 W8.1 pro laptop When working on the laptop this evening, i was trying to...
I have Windows 8.1 Pro installed signed in with my Microsoft a/c. I have some folders shared on the network through Wifi. I also have an Android device with a File Manager that has SMB capabilities. Now I want the to connect to my shared folders through the app which works perfectly fine. But...
Hi, I have a home wired LAN with the following configuration: 1) A Win 7x64 PC (static IP) 2) A Win 8.1x64 LAPTOP (static IP) 3) A Synology NAS (static IP) 3) A TP-LINK TL-R600VPN Wired Router connected to a cablemodem (internet access WAN) and to the switch. 4) A Trendnet 8 port switch...
Hello to the community, Appreciate any help I can get with my peculiar problem. I have a bunch of folders that are shared from external hard drives, connected to my new windows 8 machine. Other computers/phones/tablets at home on the same network can access folders from the internal HD on...
I have a desktop PC a HTPC (both Win 8 64 bit) and a laptop running Win 7 all on a home network. I have shared the folders on the HTPC numerous times, both to everyone and to the user on the desktop. Every time after I restart I lose the sharing privileges between the desktop and the HTPC. Is...
Hello I'm using Windows 8 Pro and attempting to share (Advanced sharing) a folder on the network via a Windows Live account. I did the following but have not had luck: 1) Added the account (a @hotmail.com) under PC settings -> Users 2) Created a shared folder and added the @hotmail.com...
I have two machines on Windows 8 x64. One runs headless and 24/7 just for downloads and has a new Intel ethernet card while my PC uses on-board. For some reason the rdp connection is always available to me, but if a couple hours or sometimes just a while should pass without me accessing the...
Eight Forums Android App Eight Forums IOS App Follow us on Facebook