Windows 8 and 8.1 Forums


Help! about ethernet lan

  1. #1


    Posts : 8
    Windows 8.1 Pro

    Help! about ethernet lan


    After fresh install of windows 8.1, my computer or system tells me there's a problem in "realtek Pcie GBE Family Controller". And I can't use my internet, so I bought a wifi adapter and install its driver, and working fine.
    but the lan is not working pls helpClick image for larger version

      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  2. #2


    Quote Originally Posted by abevizier View Post
    After fresh install of windows 8.1, my computer or system tells me there's a problem in "realtek Pcie GBE Family Controller". And I can't use my internet, so I bought a wifi adapter and install its driver, and working fine.
    but the lan is not working pls helpClick image for larger version
    With the DWA-123 you should try going to the Windows Update Center which should be able to install your Realtek driver for you automatically.

    Or you could try the Realtek site for the latest driver version for Windows 8.1 which is 8.020 date 9/24/2013

    Realtek

    click on drivers and tools > P8Z77-M PRO - Motherboards - ASUS
    Last edited by chev65; 26 Oct 2013 at 12:18.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  3. #3


    Posts : 8
    Windows 8.1 Pro


    No it didn't worked for me
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  4. #4


    Quote Originally Posted by abevizier View Post
    No it didn't worked for me
    The latest driver version from Realtek didn't work?

    I'm wondering how that is possible as the driver is specifically made for Windows 8.1, in fact the driver was released just two days ago.

    Maybe if you could explain what the problem is in some detail, as saying it didn't worked does not exactly tell me anything about the problem.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  5. #5


    My question(s) is/are how are you updating your driver but I'm more concerned with the "unknown" device that's showing?

    For your realtek driver go here...... Realtek


    I suspect the "unknwon" device has something to do with your chipset driver for your mobo.

    https://www.asus.com/Motherboards/P8Z77M_PRO/#support
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  6. #6


    Posts : 8
    Windows 8.1 Pro


    Quote Originally Posted by bassfisher6522 View Post
    My question(s) is/are how are you updating your driver but I'm more concerned with the "unknown" device that's showing?

    For your realtek driver go here...... Realtek


    I suspect the "unknwon" device has something to do with your chipset driver for your mobo.

    https://www.asus.com/Motherboards/P8Z77M_PRO/#support
    The Unknown device is Intel Smart Connect Technology which I think is not needed.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  7. #7


    Posts : 8
    Windows 8.1 Pro


    Wow Don't know what happend but I shutdown my computer, unplugged and disassembled some parts too clean cause they're dirty, then reboot and now I got my lan working again
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  8. #8


    Quote Originally Posted by abevizier View Post
    Wow Don't know what happend but I shutdown my computer, unplugged and disassembled some parts too clean cause they're dirty, then reboot and now I got my lan working again
    After driver installs a reboot is usually required to get it working, also Windows finishes installing it's own updates when you restart, either way sounds good and something is finally working with Windows 8.1
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  9. #9


    love to see a screen shot now of your device manager.....anyway, like Chev65 said...glad to here.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  10. #10


    Posts : 8
    Windows 8.1 Pro


    Quote Originally Posted by bassfisher6522 View Post
    love to see a screen shot now of your device manager.....anyway, like Chev65 said...glad to here.
    Click image for larger version
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

Help! about ethernet lan
Related Threads
Ethernet and WiFi in Network & Sharing
I have a Wifi channel on my pc, and also on my router. I have a network printer attached to the router. Currently my pc is connected to router through ethernet wired connection. When I need to access the PC from a laptop by Wifi, is it best to use the PC WiFi, or the router Wifi connection,...
Ethernet connection in Network & Sharing
Hi,I have an Acer Aspire E1-572 laptop. Went to connect it to my router via an Ethernet cable but failed to have connection,It works okay on wifi but not on the Ethernet the square box don't show next to the clock.I have looked in device manager for any yellow exlamation marks and none to be seen....
Solved Ethernet and Wireless in Network & Sharing
Hi My W8 PC is connected to the Wireless Router by Ethernet Cable, the PC also has Wireless connectivity; is it possible to connect to the Router with both at t he same time and if I do will that improve internet speed? Thanks Daniel
Solved Problem with Ethernet in Network & Sharing
I have a desktop running windows 8, and lately the internet has been cutting on and off for no apparent reason. Wireless still works fine with no problems, it's only the ethernet that's giving me issues. Any ideas?
PC Ethernet problem? in Network & Sharing
Hey, this is my first post on the forums so I apologize if I 'm 'unfamiliar' with various terms around here. Ive seemed to run into a network error on my win8 where it's asking me for an Ethernet cable plugin. Everything else, tablets, the TV, laptops, etc. All work fine,so I know it's a problem...
Ethernet Cables in Chillout Room
So, today marks the day I became wireless on everything. Since my PC had no Wi-Fi support, I used a cable to deliver internet to my PC. Anyone else still using a cable for internet? http://fc01.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2012/303/d/3/telephone_pasta_by_dance_on_moon-d5jgb9a.jpg Mmmm... :) ...
Eight Forums Android App Eight Forums IOS App Follow us on Facebook