Windows 8 and 8.1 Forums


Wireless connect problems

  1. #1

    Wireless connect problems


    Hi there, I am new to these forums, anyway time for my problem..

    I have a PCE-N15 wireless adapter in my computer and I seem to be having some connection problem with it. One minute I can be connected with great internet speeds and not a problem in the world and the next it just dies on me, when it dies that is it gone for ages while I try to figure out what is wrong.. Then suddenly it can start up again and work like a dime.

    So heres the thing, I don't know the main cause other than some DNS error (I have been trying to get the error again so I can give you all full details) but anyway I am connected fine now, but running speed tests I am getting 0.5-1mb/s speeds...

    I know its not my router/isp as I can connect perfectly fine on my laptop and so can my brother in the next room.

    I guess its some setting that needs to be changed but anything would be great help, thanks.

    Edit: Just got this error "ERR_NETWORK_CHANGED"

    Edit: Just used the troubleshooter and this is the image I got: http://broncincity.com/i/4a27dc8fbbceee9075b6.png however I am still having problem and spent the last 10 minutes loading google....
    Last edited by Stuartie; 17 Oct 2013 at 11:08.

      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  2. #2


    Posts : 96
    Win 8.1 Enterprise


    Welcome to Eight Forums!

    Is your Wi-Fi adapter's driver up to date?

    How far is your computer to the router?
    Also, can you provide us a snip of Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector for us to review for any wireless channels interference?

    Another thing, is it possible for you to test a wired connection and see if you can replicate the issue?
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  3. #3


    Quote Originally Posted by 2xg View Post
    Welcome to Eight Forums!

    Is your Wi-Fi adapter's driver up to date?

    How far is your computer to the router?
    Also, can you provide us a snip of Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector for us to review for any wireless channels interference?

    Another thing, is it possible for you to test a wired connection and see if you can replicate the issue?
    Thanks.

    Yes, my Wi-Fi adapters is up-to-date (going through Device Manager and on the companies website)

    My computer is only about 5 meters away at the very most, so I don't think that should be the problem.

    I will doing load it now and get back to you in a moment.

    Wired seems to working fine, I have tested it for a while and the issue doesn't seem to happen, I would just used wired connect but I don't have a long enough cable, so I had to move my computer to test it for a few hours.

    I had connection issues all day yesterday, but today (touch wood) all seem to be fine so far.

    Thanks again.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  4. #4


    Quote Originally Posted by 2xg View Post
    -snip-
    Is this what you wanted to see?
    http://broncincity.com/i/1b0df0c30d0f217865fa.png

    Anything else let me know

    Never used this program before so forgive me if I'm being a noob
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  5. #5


    Just had problems there, luckily just got connected this is that the program now says:

    http://broncincity.com/i/bc1ef566a92e4c881d6e.png

    and also when running a troubleshoot to try and fix it, I got "Wi-Fi does not have a valid IP configuration"

    Any help is appreciated
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  6. #6


    Until 2x comes back, at the very least you will want to try using a different channel on the router because all three wireless broadcasts in your area are using the same channel 1. Channel 6 or 11 would be a better choice for you.

    There are also reports of this wireless NIC Asus PCE-N15 randomly dropping signals with certain routers according to the reviews at Amazon.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  7. #7


    Quote Originally Posted by chev65 View Post
    Until 2x comes back, at the very least you will want to try using a different channel on the router because all three wireless broadcasts in your area are using the same channel 1. Channel 6 or 11 would be a better choice for you.

    There are also reports of this wireless NIC Asus PCE-N15 randomly dropping signals with certain routers according to the reviews at Amazon.
    I just realised I hadn't updated the drivers so I done that, not breaking up as bad but still a little bit, I know they have had a few reviews about signal dropping however my brother has the same card and I have borrowed it and I am still having the same problems and he can use mine fine, so I'm not sure :/
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  8. #8


    Quote Originally Posted by Stuartie View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by chev65 View Post
    Until 2x comes back, at the very least you will want to try using a different channel on the router because all three wireless broadcasts in your area are using the same channel 1. Channel 6 or 11 would be a better choice for you.

    There are also reports of this wireless NIC Asus PCE-N15 randomly dropping signals with certain routers according to the reviews at Amazon.
    I just realised I hadn't updated the drivers so I done that, not breaking up as bad but still a little bit, I know they have had a few reviews about signal dropping however my brother has the same card and I have borrowed it and I am still having the same problems and he can use mine fine, so I'm not sure :/
    You could try uninstalling the Asus drivers and let Windows install it's own version.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  9. #9


    Quote Originally Posted by chev65 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuartie View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by chev65 View Post
    Until 2x comes back, at the very least you will want to try using a different channel on the router because all three wireless broadcasts in your area are using the same channel 1. Channel 6 or 11 would be a better choice for you.

    There are also reports of this wireless NIC Asus PCE-N15 randomly dropping signals with certain routers according to the reviews at Amazon.
    I just realised I hadn't updated the drivers so I done that, not breaking up as bad but still a little bit, I know they have had a few reviews about signal dropping however my brother has the same card and I have borrowed it and I am still having the same problems and he can use mine fine, so I'm not sure :/
    You could try uninstalling the Asus drivers and let Windows install it's own version.
    I have tried that before, but looks like I will have to either buy a new network card and hope for the best or to hope I stumble across a fix :/

    Thanks anyway
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  10. #10


    Posts : 96
    Win 8.1 Enterprise


    Sorry for the late reply, I was gone for the weekend. If wired connection is working fine it could be your wireless adapter might be faulty. Please let us know if the new Wi-Fi adapter works.
    Wired seems to working fine, I have tested it for a while and the issue doesn't seem to happen, I would just used wired connect but I don't have a long enough cable, so I had to move my computer to test it for a few hours.
    Just curious to know if you've tried connecting to another wireless networks (open or secured). There are Wi-Fi adapters that are not too compatible with routers. Others would change the wireless security (WEP, WPA or WPA2) and test it out if you can get a stable connection. WPA2 with AES encryption is highly recommended though...
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Wireless connect problems
Related Threads
A couple of days ago, my network manager started misbehaving after a system update. The computer has trouble connecting to every network it can find and when it finally connects, the connection becomes limited after 10 minutes. It happens to all networks I try to connect to and other devices in my...
This is a random issue, sometimes I can connect just fine, and usually a restart of my laptop lets me connect. However sometimes when I try to enter the password it does not work. I get the error message 'the network security key is not correct. Please try again.' I know for a fact that my...
How to Connect To or Disconnect from a Wireless Network in Windows 8 and 8.1 If you have a laptop or a PC with a wireless network adapter, you can see a list of available wireless networks in your area, and then connect to one of those networks. The wireless networks will only appear if your...
Upgraded ThinkPad laptop via ethernet from 8 to 8.1 then tested out fine. Shutdown for the night and removed the ethernet cable. Day later the Lenovo booted fine and the wireless SSID showed 5 bars on the charms bar. Clicked to connect and was prompted for the pw which was entered correctly. ...
my computer is Dell inspiron 15 win 8 x64 I have problem with my home wifi network; I cant connect ''the settings saved on this computer for the network do not match the requirements of the network'' but when I try other wireless its work; please help me
Hi, I just upgraded to Windows 8 on my work computer. I work from my home office quite a lot and connect wirelessly at home. I have a Netgear RangeMax WNDR3700 router at home that is connected to my broadband modem. Here's the observations I've made: 1. I cannot connect the wireless network...
I have an Acer IconiaTab W500 with Windows 8 developer preview installed on it and I cannot get it to connect to my Cisco 1142 APs. I have a Guest network that is for b/g speeds only and requires . I type the password in and Windows comes back and says something is wrong with the adapter or the...
Eight Forums Android App Eight Forums IOS App Follow us on Facebook