Windows 8 and 8.1 Forums


Ethernet adapter issue

  1. #1


    Posts : 5
    Windows 8 64bit

    Ethernet adapter issue


    Ok so recently my psu died in my computer I replaced it with a corsair rm-750 and I bought a new gtx 760 for my system as well. I installed it all know problem ,but when I went to power my system it told my my pcie wifi card adapter family was having driver issues. When I checked the wifi adapter in my case it wasn't getting any power so I assumed it had died. I then ordered a brand new asus USB ac56 adapter and when I booted my system it tells me "there might be a problem with the driver for the Ethernet adapter" and "there might be a problem with the wifi 3 adapter"

    since it's said this I've gone through my control panel and uninstalled my Ethernet adapter drivers only to reinstall them and have it tell me the same thing. I'm too the point now where I don't know what else to do. The wifi drivers are brand new and I don't understand why they wouldn't work. Nothing I've tried has fixed the issue. Would appreciate if any of you can help so I can have my pc running before the next battlefield release. Thanks.

      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  2. #2


    Posts : 2,191
    Windows 8.1


    So, you just installed a new PSU and your pci-e wifi card died at the same time; correct? If so, I would look around inside the case and definitely try to reseat that pci-e wifi card. IMHO, you have most likely either disturbed a connection or somehow caused some sort of ESD damage when installing the PSU. So, did you use any of the proper ESD precautions (before/when) installing the new PSU? Did you use an ESD wrist-strap?
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  3. #3


    Posts : 5
    Windows 8 64bit


    Quote Originally Posted by my2cents View Post
    So, you just installed a new PSU and your pci-e wifi card died at the same time; correct? If so, I would look around inside the case and definitely try to reseat that pci-e wifi card. IMHO, you have most likely either disturbed a connection or somehow caused some sort of ESD damage when installing the PSU. So, did you use any of the proper ESD precautions (before/when) installing the new PSU? Did you use an ESD wrist-strap?

    Yes it I s I thought it was strange that that happened too, but the wifi card is in fact dead reseating if won't help any I've tried. My pcie slots work find the cards just dead. Befor I replaced it the windows 8 trouble shooter would say something like "the realtek pcie network family adapter is experiencing hardware or driver related issues." After replacing the pcie card with a wifi USB adapter I now get the massage I posted above.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  4. #4


    I recently had a similar problem where Windows 8 would just stopped seeing my wireless NIC, I found out this was a symptom of a much bigger problem which had to do with system file corruption and component store corruption.

    In order to check for this problem follow the link below which runs system file integrity scans and checks for component store corruption which is a common problem.
    Accessing internet
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  5. #5


    Posts : 5
    Windows 8 64bit


    Quote Originally Posted by chev65 View Post
    I recently had a similar problem where Windows 8 would just stopped seeing my wireless NIC, I found out this was a symptom of a much bigger problem which had to do with system file corruption and component store corruption.

    In order to check for this problem follow the link below which runs system file integrity scans and checks for component store corruption which is a common problem.
    Accessing internet

    Ok so after following your instructions I. That post the command prompt said the "Error 14005 the manifest file contains on ore more errors." And it told me where to locate the dsm file.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  6. #6


    Posts : 5
    Windows 8 64bit


    I've searched the 14005 error and it said something about windows 8 failing to update. Which makes sense because while rebooting my shyster after the scan it tried to update but failed a few times. I just want to know the issue so that I can get this fixed.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  7. #7


    Quote Originally Posted by Kennetholiver View Post
    I've searched the 14005 error and it said something about windows 8 failing to update. Which makes sense because while rebooting my shyster after the scan it tried to update but failed a few times. I just want to know the issue so that I can get this fixed.
    There is an option available in Windows 8 which takes for the update problems to check that open the Control panel -> Select Troubleshooting -> Select View All from the left pane -> Now run the Windows update troubleshooter which will try to install the failed updates and probably finds the best solution to fix it.

    It seems like you went form a wireless NIC problem to a Windows update problem after the scan, does Windows see the new wireless NIC or the Ethernet adaptor yet which I believe was the original complaint?

    You will also want to disable your anti virus software before installing the updates.

    Microsoft has no other answers for this problem other than a reset or refresh.

    Not everything has a clear cut answer and this appears to be one of those types of problems.

    Threads like this one show that the problem is widespread and apparently not solvable.
    Windows Update Fails DISM fails with error 14005 (Windows 8) - Microsoft Community

    Or try the steps in the following link .
    Getting error code 14005 while installing updates in Windows 8 system
    Last edited by chev65; 18 Oct 2013 at 09:25.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  8. #8


    Posts : 5
    Windows 8 64bit


    Quote Originally Posted by chev65 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Kennetholiver View Post
    I've searched the 14005 error and it said something about windows 8 failing to update. Which makes sense because while rebooting my shyster after the scan it tried to update but failed a few times. I just want to know the issue so that I can get this fixed.
    There is an option available in Windows 8 which takes for the update problems to check that open the Control panel -> Select Troubleshooting -> Select View All from the left pane -> Now run the Windows update troubleshooter which will try to install the failed updates and probably finds the best solution to fix it.

    It seems like you went form a wireless NIC problem to a Windows update problem after the scan, does Windows see the new wireless NIC or the Ethernet adaptor yet which I believe was the original complaint?

    You will also want to disable your anti virus software before installing the updates.

    Microsoft has no other answers for this problem other than a reset or refresh.

    Not everything has a clear cut answer and this appears to be one of those types of problems.

    Threads like this one show that the problem is widespread and apparently not solvable.
    Windows Update Fails DISM fails with error 14005 (Windows 8) - Microsoft Community

    Or try the steps in the following link .
    Getting error code 14005 while installing updates in Windows 8 system

    thanks for the help man I ended up just refreshing my os and that fixed everything this issue has been the biggest pain in the butt.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  9. #9


    Quote Originally Posted by Kennetholiver View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by chev65 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Kennetholiver View Post
    I've searched the 14005 error and it said something about windows 8 failing to update. Which makes sense because while rebooting my shyster after the scan it tried to update but failed a few times. I just want to know the issue so that I can get this fixed.
    There is an option available in Windows 8 which takes for the update problems to check that open the Control panel -> Select Troubleshooting -> Select View All from the left pane -> Now run the Windows update troubleshooter which will try to install the failed updates and probably finds the best solution to fix it.

    It seems like you went form a wireless NIC problem to a Windows update problem after the scan, does Windows see the new wireless NIC or the Ethernet adaptor yet which I believe was the original complaint?

    You will also want to disable your anti virus software before installing the updates.

    Microsoft has no other answers for this problem other than a reset or refresh.

    Not everything has a clear cut answer and this appears to be one of those types of problems.

    Threads like this one show that the problem is widespread and apparently not solvable.
    Windows Update Fails DISM fails with error 14005 (Windows 8) - Microsoft Community

    Or try the steps in the following link .
    Getting error code 14005 while installing updates in Windows 8 system

    thanks for the help man I ended up just refreshing my os and that fixed everything this issue has been the biggest pain in the butt.
    Yes I'm seeing these types of problems over and over again with Windows 8 and I'm pretty sure there is a virus involved.

    Thanks for reporting back in.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

Ethernet adapter issue
Related Threads
Hello, hopefully someone can offer some assistance on an issue I'm having with getting windows 8.1 to sleep. I have narrowed my sleep issues down to the network adapter (Intel(R) 82566DC Gigabit Network Connection) as whenever I disable the device in device manager the PC sleeps, whenever it's...
Not sure when this problem started, but my download speed is very slow on my laptop. Other laptops and devices in the room get about 20-30 Mb/s download and up. My computer gets about 1-5 download and 20-30 upload. I reinstalled the default wireless network adapter (Qualcomm atheros ar956x) and the...
Ethernet adaptor Issue in Network & Sharing
About one year ago I upgraded to windows 8 and have had no problem until yesterday when I booted up my compaq presario. I was not online... I went to the control panel to troubleshoot my internet connection and was told that my Ethernet doesn't have a valid IP configuration and that "Default ...
I have recently shifted my self to Windows 8 Pro with Media Center x64bit from Windows 7 Ultimate x64bit.. I have an Intel DG35EC Motherboard but the Ethernet on the board does not work so i have installed an iBall Baton 10/100 PCI Network Adapter which was working perfect on windows 7.. Now...
Am trialling Windows 8 at the moment and while the wired Ethernet connection on the test machine was working initially following the Windows install, it is now out of action: no lan, no internet. I've tested the network cable with another (Win 7) machine and it works fine. Am connecting directly to...
Intel doesn't support this adapter anymore, upon boot I've got to fix the problems as admin before I can get on to my network. Has anyone got the right drivers for windows 8 CPE 64 bit?
Eight Forums Android App Eight Forums IOS App Follow us on Facebook