Windows 8 and 8.1 Forums

browser disconnect

  1. #1


    Posts : 7
    windows 8 pro 64 bit

    browser disconnect


    Problem

    1. Note: Windows * Pro 64bit and IE 1;
    2. Note: Web page fails to load/disconnects/fails to locate page
    3. Note: No error message produced except (sometimes?) timeout and cannot connect messages.
    4. Note: Home network with mix of XP, Vista and Windows 7; laptops and desktops connected to the network and not having the problem with web v browsers.
    5. Note: connect to internet exists and can be pinged at any time during the the following:
    6. Open IE or any browser - OK
    7. Open a search page - Bing, Google etc. -OK
    8. Make search request - OK results returned
    9. Click on an item in results goes into a 'waiting for page to load' mode
    10. Page does (sometime?) load after several hour,s otherwise not at all.
    11. Try new tab
    12. Enter address of web site
    13. Attachs to web site at various speeds (Google is fast)
    14. Note: If I get to Google's website I can move around the pages in the site. Attempt to move to another website fail.

    SystemDescription
    Case : CoolMasterElite 371 500 W power supply
    Mother board: ASUSP8B75 LGA1155 socket uATX
    CPU: Intel core 1%- 3570Quad core 3.4GHz LGA1155
    Drive: SSD SamsungSDSSDHP-128G_Q25 ultra Plus SSD 128GB Sata 3
    RAM: Kingston 2 x 4GB 1600MHz DDR3Non-EEC desktop
    Opticaldrive: LG GH24NS95SUPERMULTI INTERNAL 24X DVD REWRITER WITH M-DISC™ SUPPORT

    Video card: ATI Radeon HD4350
    Monitor: Samsung syncmaster913v
    Monitor: HP Compaq LA2205wg
    OS: Windows 8 Pro 32bit
    Browsers: IE 10
    Software:no additional software loaded apart from Windows 8

      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  2. #2


    Sounds like a system infection, whether Virus or malware, but definitely an infection of some kind. Run your AV, and any malware software you have in safemode.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  3. #3


    Quote Originally Posted by firefly View Post
    Problem

    1. Note: Windows * Pro 64bit and IE 1;
    2. Note: Web page fails to load/disconnects/fails to locate page
    3. Note: No error message produced except (sometimes?) timeout and cannot connect messages.
    4. Note: Home network with mix of XP, Vista and Windows 7; laptops and desktops connected to the network and not having the problem with web v browsers.
    5. Note: connect to internet exists and can be pinged at any time during the the following:
    6. Open IE or any browser - OK
    7. Open a search page - Bing, Google etc. -OK
    8. Make search request - OK results returned
    9. Click on an item in results goes into a 'waiting for page to load' mode
    10. Page does (sometime?) load after several hour,s otherwise not at all.
    11. Try new tab
    12. Enter address of web site
    13. Attachs to web site at various speeds (Google is fast)
    14. Note: If I get to Google's website I can move around the pages in the site. Attempt to move to another website fail.

    SystemDescription
    Case : CoolMasterElite 371 500 W power supply
    Mother board: ASUSP8B75 LGA1155 socket uATX
    CPU: Intel core 1%- 3570Quad core 3.4GHz LGA1155
    Drive: SSD SamsungSDSSDHP-128G_Q25 ultra Plus SSD 128GB Sata 3
    RAM: Kingston 2 x 4GB 1600MHz DDR3Non-EEC desktop
    Opticaldrive: LG GH24NS95SUPERMULTI INTERNAL 24X DVD REWRITER WITH M-DISC™ SUPPORT

    Video card: ATI Radeon HD4350
    Monitor: Samsung syncmaster913v
    Monitor: HP Compaq LA2205wg
    OS: Windows 8 Pro 32bit
    Browsers: IE 10
    Software:no additional software loaded apart from Windows 8
    Often times running the winsock/TCP/IP reset file will fix this type of problem. If this file doesn't fix anything please post the ipconfig/all from this machine.

    Download that file and to run it right-click on winsockfix.bat and click on “Run as administrator”.
    browser disconnect Attached Files
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  4. #4


    Posts : 7
    windows 8 pro 64 bit


    Thanks Bassfisher6522, it is unlikely to be an infection as it is new hardware and os build in any case I scanned with Defender and no threats were found.

    Chev65, thanks, I ran the winsockfix but no joy. the results of ipconfig/all follow:
    Windows IP Configuration


    Host Name . . . . . . . . . . . . : Workhorse
    Primary Dns Suffix . . . . . . . :
    Node Type . . . . . . . . . . . . : Hybrid
    IP Routing Enabled. . . . . . . . : No
    WINS Proxy Enabled. . . . . . . . : No


    Ethernet adapter Ethernet:


    Connection-specific DNS Suffix . :
    Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller
    Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 60-A4-4C-41-33-E5
    DHCP Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : Yes
    Autoconfiguration Enabled . . . . : Yes
    Link-local IPv6 Address . . . . . : fe80::5db8:35cf:2f96:a515%12(Preferred)
    IPv4 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.0.4(Preferred)
    Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0
    Lease Obtained. . . . . . . . . . : Tuesday, 7 May 2013 11:00:27 PM
    Lease Expires . . . . . . . . . . : Thursday, 9 May 2013 8:58:52 AM
    Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.0.1
    DHCP Server . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.0.1
    DHCPv6 IAID . . . . . . . . . . . : 207660108
    DHCPv6 Client DUID. . . . . . . . : 00-01-00-01-19-19-41-1A-60-A4-4C-41-33-E5
    DNS Servers . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.0.1
    NetBIOS over Tcpip. . . . . . . . : Enabled


    Tunnel adapter isatap.{F7833B45-29B3-4B1C-8EBE-7E49C89F6547}:


    Media State . . . . . . . . . . . : Media disconnected
    Connection-specific DNS Suffix . :
    Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Microsoft ISATAP Adapter
    Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-00-00-00-00-00-00-E0
    DHCP Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : No
    Autoconfiguration Enabled . . . . : Yes


    Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface:


    Connection-specific DNS Suffix . :
    Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface
    Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-00-00-00-00-00-00-E0
    DHCP Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : No
    Autoconfiguration Enabled . . . . : Yes
    IPv6 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 2001:0:9d38:6ab8:2:625:8344:72bc(Preferred)
    Link-local IPv6 Address . . . . . : fe80::2:625:8344:72bc%14(Preferred)
    Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : ::
    DHCPv6 IAID . . . . . . . . . . . : 335544320
    DHCPv6 Client DUID. . . . . . . . : 00-01-00-01-19-19-41-1A-60-A4-4C-41-33-E5
    NetBIOS over Tcpip. . . . . . . . : Disabled
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  5. #5


    Posts : 7
    windows 8 pro 64 bit


    More information
    My home network connects to DSL via a Netgear DG385v3 modem router.
    Desktop computers on the home network are wired and laptop and tablets are wireless. Also wired networked printer Brother MFC7362N
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  6. #6


    Maryland USA
    Posts : 758
    Windows 8 & Windows 7 Dual Boot


    You have a few things attached to your network, maybe its a product of a DSL modem

    Please download and install spybot search and destroy v 1.62 NOT 2.0

    seems like you have something intercepting your network connection, when you install Spybot uncheck the TEA TIMER option it will be the last of 4 options upon install.. Tea Timer is too much...

    If you see alot of red in the search results, thats probably why youre losing coinnection.. click on FIX SELECTED and restart..

    Good Luck
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  7. #7


    Quote Originally Posted by firefly View Post
    More information
    My home network connects to DSL via a Netgear DG385v3 modem router.
    Desktop computers on the home network are wired and laptop and tablets are wireless. Also wired networked printer Brother MFC7362N
    From the ipconfig everything looks good, there is a valid IP and you should be online. Since the other machines plugged into this router are working then we can assume you are using a valid DNS server although you might want to change the DNS server to something like Google at 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4

    I'm not sure when this problem started but have you tried using system restore to put the system back to how it was before the problem started. It may also help to return the browser to it's default settings. Internet Options, Advanced Settings, Reset browser etc.

    System Restore - How to Do in Windows 8
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  8. #8


    Posts : 7
    windows 8 pro 64 bit


    Brooklyn567 I have installed spybot and it tells me all is well.
    chev65 this is a brand new installation on new hardware so there is no restore point. The problem was there from the start.

    Thanks for the suggestions
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  9. #9


    Maryland USA
    Posts : 758
    Windows 8 & Windows 7 Dual Boot


    Lets try this, make a restore point now

    goto device manager and goto network adapters and uninstall your Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller
    driver.

    restart the computer and let windows replace the drivers with clean unadjusted ones.

    see if you can access various websites..

    What other browsers are you using?
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  10. #10


    Quote Originally Posted by firefly View Post
    Brooklyn567 I have installed spybot and it tells me all is well.
    chev65 this is a brand new installation on new hardware so there is no restore point. The problem was there from the start.

    Thanks for the suggestions
    No restore point, so that also means that you have not been to the Windows update Center yet? Because restore points are always created when you install new updates.

    If you have not been to Windows update you should go there as there could be driver updates that may help with this problem.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
browser disconnect
Related Threads
Random Disconnect's in Network & Sharing
Description: Hello guys , for the past 3 weeks im getting random disconnects at random times and i cant really understand what is causing them or how to fix them. Things ive already tried: - Contactmy ISP , check the line , replace their modem. - Disconnected my own router from ISP's modem....
SD Card Disconnect in Drivers & Hardware
Hi Guys, I have a Asus T100 tablet with 32GB SSD. I bought a 64GB SD card to augment the storage on the tablet. The problem I am having is that the SD card disconnects after a few minutes of no activity, I then have to take it out of the tablet and pout it back in. I then have the folder in my C...
USB disconnect in Drivers & Hardware
Hi - I recently upgraded to Win 8.1 following a major rebuild of my PC. This machine runs 24/7 as it downloads data from a weather station via a usb port. Every morning at 8am precisely the usb port disconnects, & the only way I can get it connected again is to physically unplug the weather...
In the last 3 days I keep getting this "disconnected from ea online (1)" error from BF3. I google'd and tried all suggested fix's but nothing seems to work and the error message continues. I've also uninstalled BF3 and reinstalled and that seemed to work, only for the first game play, after that...
Disconnect Microsoft Account? in User Accounts and Family Safety
I'm testing the 8.1 Preview. So far I'm really loving the new look & feel. I had tried the 8 preview and wasn't too happy about the lack of start menu, but I have to say that I don't think I gave it a fair shot. Since there isn't any restriction on how many machines I can have the preview...
Hi all. just new to windows 8 and a touch computer. On windows vista there was a little check mark on the bottom right hand side, to tell me when to disconnect my ereader. How bout with this system? I finally just ended up shutting down the computer, before disconnecting it, and am hoping for...
Hello all, I migrated to Windows 8 a little while back, and all have been going well until recently. I started having some issues with some of my USB devices randomly disconnecting from my computer. Usually it's the same few devices, including a network adapter, Bluetooth dongle and a wireless...
Eight Forums Android App Eight Forums IOS App Follow us on Facebook