Windows 8 and 8.1 Forums


How do you know if you have updated to 8.1.1 (from 8.1)?

  1. #1


    Posts : 136
    Windows 8.1

    How do you know if you have updated to 8.1.1 (from 8.1)?


    I can't tell from looking in Windows Update if I got the update to 8.1.1 in May, last month. I understand that if you didn't update to 8.1.1 you would not get any more windows updates.

      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  2. #2


    Posts : 279
    64-bit Windows 8.1 Pro


    The easiest way is to open your start metro start screen and look in the upper right corner for this ...

    Click image for larger version

    If you see this, then you have 8.1 Update 1 installed .... if not, you don't...
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  3. #3


    Posts : 136
    Windows 8.1


    My OS is 8.1.. I am talking about the Windows 8.1 Update 1. Microsoft set a deadline for 13 May for the Update 1 to be installed but according to what I have now heard the deadline is later this month.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  4. #4


    Posts : 22,582
    64-bit Windows 10


    Hello Nougart,

    That is what Tom is referring to. If you have the power and search button on your Start screen now, then you have updated to Windows 8.1 Update.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  5. #5


    Posts : 136
    Windows 8.1


    Quote Originally Posted by Brink View Post
    Hello Nougart,

    That is what Tom is referring to. If you have the power and search button on your Start screen now, then you have updated to Windows 8.1 Update.

    Hi Shawn, that is the Windows 8.1 Update 1? - sorry if I am seeming silly but I just want to be clear that I have understood.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  6. #6


    N. Calif
    Posts : 2,595
    W10 Pro (desktop), W10 (laptop), W10 Pro (tablet), W10 (laptop)


    A more reliable method would be to check update history to see if update KB2919355 has been installed.

    On certain machines (like my Dell 8" tablet), many of the gui changes are not there in the update (no power icon on Start screen, no Title bar with X in right-corner for Metro apps) but the update has been applied. Apparently MS decided those gui changes weren't relevant on all devices.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  7. #7


    Posts : 22,582
    64-bit Windows 10


    Quote Originally Posted by nougart View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Brink View Post
    Hello Nougart,

    That is what Tom is referring to. If you have the power and search button on your Start screen now, then you have updated to Windows 8.1 Update.

    Hi Shawn, that is the Windows 8.1 Update 1? - sorry if I am seeming silly but I just want to be clear that I have understood.
    No worries. Yes.

    The official name is "Windows 8.1 Update" though.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  8. #8


    Posts : 136
    Windows 8.1


    The official name is "Windows 8.1 Update" though
    Thanks for that. - I suppose I thought that Windows 8.1 Update meant the upgrade from Windows 8 to Windows 8.1.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  9. #9


    Posts : 136
    Windows 8.1


    Quote Originally Posted by strollin View Post
    A more reliable method would be to check update history to see if update KB2919355 has been installed.

    On certain machines (like my Dell 8" tablet), many of the gui changes are not there in the update (no power icon on Start screen, no Title bar with X in right-corner for Metro apps) but the update has been applied. Apparently MS decided those gui changes weren't relevant on all devices.
    Thanks for that as I didn't know what the number of the update was -but now know thatI have the Windows 8.1 update.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  10. #10


    Posts : 22,582
    64-bit Windows 10


    Quote Originally Posted by nougart View Post
    The official name is "Windows 8.1 Update" though
    Thanks for that. - I suppose I thought that Windows 8.1 Update meant the upgrade from Windows 8 to Windows 8.1.
    Originally it was an update from Windows 8 to Windows 8.1, but since "Windows 8.1 Update" came out, it's now an update from Windows 8 to Windows 8.1 Update.

    Windows 8.1 - Update to from Windows 8
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
How do you know if you have updated to 8.1.1 (from 8.1)?
Related Threads
Is KC SUMo KC Softwares the best way to keep all software updated? Any better substitute?
Hi, I'm getting hopelessly confused by the fact that I have changed my password online (Microsoft Account) but now when I log in on my PC it says wrong password and won't log me in automatically. I have tried the tutorial here but it throws me off after I fill in the new password. Besides this is...
Solved account password not updated in User Accounts and Family Safety
i have change my live account password and it should also change my windows login password right?
just updated to windows 8.1 in Windows Updates & Activation
hi I just updated my laptop to windows 8.1 I had several issues early this week and posted them on maintenance, so if you wish to read up on my progress please do any info is much appreciated. Fast forward to today, I updated to windows 8.1 successfully and it seem to fix all my problems all at...
Hello, I would first like to state this is my first post so sorry if I am in the wrong location! I updated to windows 8.1 and tried to run a program, Driver Booster (IOBit), and was unable to. It changed the cursor to a cursor w/ loading circle then kept it like that. It is still spinning...
Windows 8 cant updated in Windows Updates & Activation
30455Windows 8 cant updated . Why ? And market cant find windows :(8.1
Eight Forums Android App Eight Forums IOS App Follow us on Facebook