Windows 8 and 8.1 Forums


How to download the Windows 8.1 ISO

  1. #351


    N.Y.
    Posts : 2,214
    Windows 10 Pro 64bit


    Quote Originally Posted by renpasa View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jds63 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by gavanid View Post
    I still keep getting "Unable to connect"
    Where are you located,connection problems ,you have been posting that for few days?
    Personaly in northern Italy, Venice region (Veneto) Belluno Province wehre the most beautiful mountain of the world, The Dolomiti, are located.
    I don't think it's matter of location at least in my case as other people have no problem downloading the files.
    At this stage it's mainly a matter of curiosity.
    Ciao
    Sorry to know you can not just interested to know why he wasn't since he keeps posting it here,nobody can help him,maybe it's his service provider for internet what he is using.By the way Italy is beautiful,i am italian/american

      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  2. #352


    N.Y.
    Posts : 2,214
    Windows 10 Pro 64bit


    Quote Originally Posted by acr731 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jds63 View Post
    So has anyone else done a clean install yet with this ISO? If so how did it go.


    I did. It went perfectly fine. Use the installation key back mentioned back on page 2 of this thread during the install process. Then use you your retail Win8 key to activate after you finish.
    Thanks for reply
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  3. #353


    N.Y.
    Posts : 2,214
    Windows 10 Pro 64bit


    Quote Originally Posted by theog View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jds63 View Post
    So has anyone else done a clean install yet with this ISO? If so how did it go.

    Activate retail Windows 8.1 with Windows 8 Product key.
    Thanks for link!!
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  4. #354


    N.Y.
    Posts : 2,214
    Windows 10 Pro 64bit


    Quote Originally Posted by Ztruker View Post
    Unfortunately, once you have done the upgrade to 8.1 this process does not work as it will not accept the 8.0 install key.

    I have two 8.0 keys. One is installed on my Desktop as Windows 8 Pro X64 and the other on my laptop as Windows 8 Pro X86. When I get to the part where it asks for the key, it will not accept either.

    So, you can't do this after the upgrade, bummer.
    Hi Ztruker,This made me think since i originally have a Windows 8 pro upgrade key,not full version key.Thinking to do a clean install as done before with Windows 7,had to change something in registry to activate it then.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  5. #355


    VA USA
    Posts : 349
    W8.1up1 Pro x64 w/media center


    well well, so I'm now D/L the 8.1 installer, which I will make my ISO I have been looking for thanks to that tip I already have 8.1 installed and running pretty well, I just wanted the ISO to burn for later use and add to my W8 install disk.

    I do make regular image backups anyway as my system is installed and configured so any recovery would be by using that. But having the whole set just in case is a lot better than having to go through the store D/L route.

    btw my laptop originaly came with W7, I bought W8 pro x64 well before it was actually released for that $14.99, burned the ISO to a Install disk after installing over my W7 OEM, Since I bought W8 I have my retail key to use to activate 8.1 with if I ever need it. So with the regular Install DVD and a Pro key I wouldn't even need to re install the OEM W7 if the drive ever died.

    I was all set to D/L a torrent copy of this lolol, but the speed was soooo slow I gave up, now I will have it in less than 6 hrs and right from MS.

    This should have been an option from the start , as you would still need a valid key for the thing to activate it, so you either have bought one or your gona buy one.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  6. #356


    N.Y.
    Posts : 2,214
    Windows 10 Pro 64bit


    Quote Originally Posted by HOODY View Post
    well well, so I'm now D/L the 8.1 installer, which I will make my ISO I have been looking for thanks to that tip I already have 8.1 installed and running pretty well, I just wanted the ISO to burn for later use and add to my W8 install disk.

    I do make regular image backups anyway as my system is installed and configured so any recovery would be by using that. But having the whole set just in case is a lot better than having to go through the store D/L route.

    btw my laptop originaly came with W7, I bought W8 pro x64 well before it was actually released for that $14.99, burned the ISO to a Install disk after installing over my W7 OEM, Since I bought W8 I have my retail key to use to activate 8.1 with if I ever need it. So with the regular Install DVD and a Pro key I wouldn't even need to re install the OEM W7 if the drive ever died.

    I was all set to D/L a torrent copy of this lolol, but the speed was soooo slow I gave up, now I will have it in less than 6 hrs and right from MS.

    This should have been an option from the start , as you would still need a valid key for the thing to activate it, so you either have bought one or your gona buy one.
    Wait if you already have 8.1 running on a system,then obviously you have a disc of 8.1.right? So why would you need to download it from MS?
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  7. #357


    VA USA
    Posts : 349
    W8.1up1 Pro x64 w/media center


    Quote Originally Posted by jds63 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by HOODY View Post
    well well, so I'm now D/L the 8.1 installer, which I will make my ISO I have been looking for thanks to that tip I already have 8.1 installed and running pretty well, I just wanted the ISO to burn for later use and add to my W8 install disk.

    I do make regular image backups anyway as my system is installed and configured so any recovery would be by using that. But having the whole set just in case is a lot better than having to go through the store D/L route.

    btw my laptop originaly came with W7, I bought W8 pro x64 well before it was actually released for that $14.99, burned the ISO to a Install disk after installing over my W7 OEM, Since I bought W8 I have my retail key to use to activate 8.1 with if I ever need it. So with the regular Install DVD and a Pro key I wouldn't even need to re install the OEM W7 if the drive ever died.

    I was all set to D/L a torrent copy of this lolol, but the speed was soooo slow I gave up, now I will have it in less than 6 hrs and right from MS.

    This should have been an option from the start , as you would still need a valid key for the thing to activate it, so you either have bought one or your gona buy one.
    Wait if you already have 8.1 running on a system,then obviously you have a disc of 8.1.right? So why would you need to download it from MS?
    NO I don't have a "disk" for 8.1, I have the disk I burned from my 8 download ISO when I first did the update back in Oct 2012 from my W7 to W8 Pro. I "updated" this 8 Sat using the "store" thing to 8.1

    This is the 8.1 download, I'm not going to install the thing, I'm going to save it as ISO and burn the thing "to a disk"

    THAN I'll have a disk of 8.1, got it now?
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  8. #358


    N.Y.
    Posts : 2,214
    Windows 10 Pro 64bit


    Quote Originally Posted by HOODY View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jds63 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by HOODY View Post
    well well, so I'm now D/L the 8.1 installer, which I will make my ISO I have been looking for thanks to that tip I already have 8.1 installed and running pretty well, I just wanted the ISO to burn for later use and add to my W8 install disk.

    I do make regular image backups anyway as my system is installed and configured so any recovery would be by using that. But having the whole set just in case is a lot better than having to go through the store D/L route.

    btw my laptop originaly came with W7, I bought W8 pro x64 well before it was actually released for that $14.99, burned the ISO to a Install disk after installing over my W7 OEM, Since I bought W8 I have my retail key to use to activate 8.1 with if I ever need it. So with the regular Install DVD and a Pro key I wouldn't even need to re install the OEM W7 if the drive ever died.

    I was all set to D/L a torrent copy of this lolol, but the speed was soooo slow I gave up, now I will have it in less than 6 hrs and right from MS.

    This should have been an option from the start , as you would still need a valid key for the thing to activate it, so you either have bought one or your gona buy one.
    Wait if you already have 8.1 running on a system,then obviously you have a disc of 8.1.right? So why would you need to download it from MS?
    NO I don't have a "disk" for 8.1, I have the disk I burned from my 8 download ISO when I first did the update back in Oct 2012 from my W7 to W8 Pro. I "updated" this 8 Sat using the "store" thing to 8.1

    This is the 8.1 download, I'm not going to install the thing, I'm going to save it as ISO and burn the thing "to a disk"

    THAN I'll have a disk of 8.1, got it now?
    Yep, a bit confused at first by long story you provided on it,oh don't trust torrents mostly pirated stuff.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  9. #359


    West Sussex, UK
    Posts : 29
    Windows 8.1 Pro 64 bit w/Media Center


    Quote Originally Posted by alphanumeric View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by pedro38 View Post
    Thanks Mosharino,
    I downloaded and copied the ISO to a USB drive successfully.

    Probably rather a simplistic question but I'd also like a bootable DVD. Can I just burn the USB files to a DVD to achieve this?
    Thanks in advance
    Pedro
    If you run though it again it will skip right to the install part without downloading it all again. The select create ISO instead of create USB drive. Then you can burn a disk from the ISO. If you just copy/burn the files on the thumb drive your DVD won't be bootable.
    Thanks Alpha.....
    Just to be sure, is that per Mosharino's first post again rather than going direct to the 8.1 install?
    Thx again, Pedro
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  10. #360


    Sydney, Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts : 6,490
    Windows 10 Education 64 Bit


    Quote Originally Posted by pedro38 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by alphanumeric View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by pedro38 View Post
    Thanks Mosharino,
    I downloaded and copied the ISO to a USB drive successfully.

    Probably rather a simplistic question but I'd also like a bootable DVD. Can I just burn the USB files to a DVD to achieve this?
    Thanks in advance
    Pedro
    If you run though it again it will skip right to the install part without downloading it all again. The select create ISO instead of create USB drive. Then you can burn a disk from the ISO. If you just copy/burn the files on the thumb drive your DVD won't be bootable.
    Thanks Alpha.....
    Just to be sure, is that per Mosharino's first post again rather than going direct to the 8.1 install?
    Thx again, Pedro
    Go to the first post that links to the website. Click the link and then click the Install 8.1 button. When you get prompted to run or save WindowsSetupBox.exe click save. Once it downloaded run it. It should skip the download part and go to the install menu. Then you can select "install by creating media" and then "USB flash drive".
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

Page 36 of 72 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast
How to download the Windows 8.1 ISO
Related Threads
Okay, i have a key to activate my copy of windows 8.1 but i can't find where to download the stock iso. If anyone could link me that would be great
Solved Need Windows 8.1 ISO download in Installation & Setup
Where can I get, resume-able, legitimate copy of the ISO? I have poor connection and there's zero percent of success without resume-able download function. This is what I hate about digital purchase. Only giving a key and end of story. /gg
so i was downloading a game on steam and i had 800kb download then i went into chrome tried to save a picture and i had 30 kb even when steam was completly closed :confused:
Twice now, I have clicked on the download button in the App Store (used a link obtained from the Verge article). My screen just jumps to the main App Store screen, and I see no indication that anything is downloading or in progress. How can I verify that a download is in progress? Do I have...
Hello. Im running Windows 8 Pro 32-bit and need some assistance upgrading to the 64-bit version. When Windows 8 first came out, I purchased the $40 version via download. I was under the impression (and still am) that my product key will work for both the 32-bit versions and the 64-bit...
Solved Windows 8 Download in General Support
Hi guys, I am a student and have access to the MSDNAA for my University, i have started downloading Windows 8 and has stuck at 90% and am in desperate need of Windows 8 to do some testing. Just wondering if there was an active link for the Windows 8 BETA? as i could do with it soon rather than...
windows 8 download help in General Support
hi all, sorry if this i a noob question but i have not long built a new computer and installed windows 8 release preview, from what i have read i need system builder license, where can i buy and download this as i cant seem to find it, thanks jason
Eight Forums Android App Eight Forums IOS App Follow us on Facebook