Windows 8 and 8.1 Forums


How to download the Windows 8.1 ISO

  1. #111


    Quote Originally Posted by bagavan View Post
    Has anyone installed from the iso downloaded in method?

    Did any of you face any problems while installing ?
    I did a clean install using the ISO downloaded as outlined in the first post. Installed with the generic key then successfully changed it to my own windows 8 pro upgrade key in PC settings (Bought when it was on offer for £24.99). I was expecting all sorts of problems to be honest but it went pretty smoothly.

      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  2. #112


    bangalore
    Posts : 634
    Windows 8.1 professional x64 + WMC


    Quote Originally Posted by Flik View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by bagavan View Post
    Has anyone installed from the iso downloaded in method?

    Did any of you face any problems while installing ?
    I did a clean install using the ISO downloaded as outlined in the first post. Installed with the generic key then successfully changed it to my own windows 8 pro upgrade key in PC settings (Bought when it was on offer for £24.99). I was expecting all sorts of problems to be honest but it went pretty smoothly.
    For how much time did you run 8.0 setup?
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  3. #113


    Quote Originally Posted by bagavan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Flik View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by bagavan View Post
    Has anyone installed from the iso downloaded in method?

    Did any of you face any problems while installing ?
    I did a clean install using the ISO downloaded as outlined in the first post. Installed with the generic key then successfully changed it to my own windows 8 pro upgrade key in PC settings (Bought when it was on offer for £24.99). I was expecting all sorts of problems to be honest but it went pretty smoothly.
    For how much time did you run 8.0 setup?
    The initial download? I stopped it as soon as it started to download the files.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  4. #114


    Posts : 6
    Windows 8.1


    I have and OEM key for windows 8.

    I've read through this thread and nothing works. So my udnerstanding is that if you have an OEM key for a machine built, then you have no way of getting a 8.1 ISO?

    This is just terrible of MS. No point in this at all for anyone.

    I am now forced to install Windows 8 first, then upgrade through the App store.

    I take it this also means that the Reset PC wont work as that would require media that I do not have.

    MS - you are rubbish!

    I've tried these:
    CoreSingleLanguage=Y9NXP-XT8MV-PT9TG-97CT3-9D6TC
    Professional=XHQ8N-C3MCJ-RQXB6-WCHYG-C9WKB
    Core=334NH-RXG76-64THK-C7CKG-D3VPT

    with the 8.1 setup but keeps telling me I'm not connected to the internet.

    Joy.

    Why screw OEM owners? Why make them download over and over again. Pointless.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  5. #115


    Posts : 8
    windows 8


    Seems MS want to push you into the touch-centric tomorrow's world with which they are so enamoured.
    If they want to force me to get what I need in the dark side I shall just enjoy the cookies.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  6. #116


    Quote Originally Posted by lnoton View Post
    I have and OEM key for windows 8.

    I've read through this thread and nothing works. So my udnerstanding is that if you have an OEM key for a machine built, then you have no way of getting a 8.1 ISO?

    This is just terrible of MS. No point in this at all for anyone.

    I am now forced to install Windows 8 first, then upgrade through the App store.

    I take it this also means that the Reset PC wont work as that would require media that I do not have.

    MS - you are rubbish!

    I've tried these:
    CoreSingleLanguage=Y9NXP-XT8MV-PT9TG-97CT3-9D6TC
    Professional=XHQ8N-C3MCJ-RQXB6-WCHYG-C9WKB
    Core=334NH-RXG76-64THK-C7CKG-D3VPT

    with the 8.1 setup but keeps telling me I'm not connected to the internet.

    Joy.

    Why screw OEM owners? Why make them download over and over again. Pointless.
    As it stands now. People with OEM versions seem out of luck. Keep posted though, someone might discover a way.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  7. #117


    bangalore
    Posts : 634
    Windows 8.1 professional x64 + WMC


    Quote Originally Posted by Flik View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by bagavan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Flik View Post

    I did a clean install using the ISO downloaded as outlined in the first post. Installed with the generic key then successfully changed it to my own windows 8 pro upgrade key in PC settings (Bought when it was on offer for £24.99). I was expecting all sorts of problems to be honest but it went pretty smoothly.
    For how much time did you run 8.0 setup?
    The initial download? I stopped it as soon as it started to download the files.
    In my case it downloaded for 30 sec and then I stopped it
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  8. #118


    Posts : 6
    windows 8


    ok so ive been through all this and the frustration of getting the we cannot connect message has gotten to me so can somebody PLEASE upload windows 8.1 64 bit iso
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  9. #119


    Posts : 8
    windows 8


    For Pro, pretty please...
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  10. #120


    Posts : 1
    windows


    if you have the OEM version of windows 8 you need to wait for these versions of the windows 8.1 ISO to go up on msdn:

    Windows 8.1 (multiple editions) (x64) - DVD (English)
    Windows 8.1 (multiple editions) (x86) - DVD (English)


    OEM keys work with multiple edition iso, however Microsoft has yet to provide the 8.1 iso.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

Page 12 of 72 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast
How to download the Windows 8.1 ISO
Related Threads
Okay, i have a key to activate my copy of windows 8.1 but i can't find where to download the stock iso. If anyone could link me that would be great
Solved Need Windows 8.1 ISO download in Installation & Setup
Where can I get, resume-able, legitimate copy of the ISO? I have poor connection and there's zero percent of success without resume-able download function. This is what I hate about digital purchase. Only giving a key and end of story. /gg
so i was downloading a game on steam and i had 800kb download then i went into chrome tried to save a picture and i had 30 kb even when steam was completly closed :confused:
Twice now, I have clicked on the download button in the App Store (used a link obtained from the Verge article). My screen just jumps to the main App Store screen, and I see no indication that anything is downloading or in progress. How can I verify that a download is in progress? Do I have...
Hello. Iím running Windows 8 Pro 32-bit and need some assistance upgrading to the 64-bit version. When Windows 8 first came out, I purchased the $40 version via download. I was under the impression (and still am) that my product key will work for both the 32-bit versions and the 64-bit...
Solved Windows 8 Download in General Support
Hi guys, I am a student and have access to the MSDNAA for my University, i have started downloading Windows 8 and has stuck at 90% and am in desperate need of Windows 8 to do some testing. Just wondering if there was an active link for the Windows 8 BETA? as i could do with it soon rather than...
windows 8 download help in General Support
hi all, sorry if this i a noob question but i have not long built a new computer and installed windows 8 release preview, from what i have read i need system builder license, where can i buy and download this as i cant seem to find it, thanks jason
Eight Forums Android App Eight Forums IOS App Follow us on Facebook