Windows 8 and 8.1 Forums


Windows 7 - Windows 8 dual boot problem - 'W8 preinstalled

  1. #11


    Posts : 5,592
    ME, XP,Vista,Win7,Win8,Win8.1


    If you use Boot mode> CSM, you need to delete all partitions for Windows 7 to install.

    Downgrade Windows 8 to Windows 7

    Quote Originally Posted by theog
    UEFI = Windows 8 only
    Legacy = All OS.
    UEFI & Legacy = All OS.
    Click image for larger version

      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  2. #12


    Posts : 21
    Windows 7 / Windows 8


    Quote Originally Posted by theog View Post
    If you use Boot mode> CSM, you need to delete all partitions for Windows 7 to install.

    Downgrade Windows 8 to Windows 7

    Quote Originally Posted by theog
    UEFI = Windows 8 only
    Legacy = All OS.
    UEFI & Legacy = All OS.
    Click image for larger version
    So that means recovery partitions will also be gone, right?
    And if i delete all partitions, how I am gonna get W8?
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  3. #13


    Posts : 5,592
    ME, XP,Vista,Win7,Win8,Win8.1


    Quote Originally Posted by Tejo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by theog View Post
    If you use Boot mode> CSM, you need to delete all partitions for Windows 7 to install.

    Downgrade Windows 8 to Windows 7

    Quote Originally Posted by theog
    UEFI = Windows 8 only
    Legacy = All OS.
    UEFI & Legacy = All OS.
    Click image for larger version
    So that means recovery partitions will also be gone, right?
    And if i delete all partitions, how I am gonna get W8?
    Use
    UEFI & Legacy = All OS.
    & install Windows 7 in UEFI mode to the 100gb partition you made.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  4. #14


    Posts : 21
    Windows 7 / Windows 8


    [QUOTE=theog;276044][QUOTE=Tejo;276038]
    Quote Originally Posted by theog View Post

    Use
    UEFI & Legacy = All OS.
    & install Windows 7 in UEFI mode to the 100gb partition you made.
    May be this is where I'm not following you when you said "install Windows 7 in UEFI mode"...Anyway this is what I did:

    Mode: CSM and UEFI, restarted the pc to boot from W7 disc and I ended up in that error...and here are my blurred screenshots..appreciate your patience though.!

    Click image for larger version Click image for larger version Click image for larger version Click image for larger version
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  5. #15


    Posts : 5,592
    ME, XP,Vista,Win7,Win8,Win8.1


    Boot the Windows 7 x64 DVD in UEFI mode, & install to the 100gb partition you made.

    Click image for larger version
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  6. #16


    Posts : 21
    Windows 7 / Windows 8


    Quote Originally Posted by theog View Post
    Boot the Windows 7 x64 DVD in UEFI mode, & install to the 100gb partition you made.
    okay...here is the interesting part...this is what I get when i try to boot..

    Click image for larger version
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  7. #17


    Posts : 5,592
    ME, XP,Vista,Win7,Win8,Win8.1


    1) Check boot override.

    2) Where do you buy your Windows 7 x64 DVD from?
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  8. #18


    Posts : 21
    Windows 7 / Windows 8


    Quote Originally Posted by theog View Post
    1) Check boot override.

    2) Where do you buy your Windows 7 x64 DVD from?
    Boot override also shows only the 2 things - Windows boot manager and P2. I bought this dvd very long back from online itself.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  9. #19


    Posts : 5,592
    ME, XP,Vista,Win7,Win8,Win8.1


    Is the DVD Windows 7 x64 bit|?
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  10. #20


    Posts : 21
    Windows 7 / Windows 8


    Quote Originally Posted by theog View Post
    Is the DVD Windows 7 x64 bit|?
    yes it is x64 bit...I know that 32bit is not supported...
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Windows 7 - Windows 8 dual boot problem - 'W8 preinstalled
Related Threads
Hi I have a sony vaio vpcyb3v1e. I have windows 8.1 installed and i tried using a bootable usb to install as multi boot, the xp black edition on a separate partition. After doing that i couldn't be able to login in the windows 8.1 OS. I got the message Load needed DLLS for kernel. Any help?
this is my first post, I have a windows 8 machine that I want to install windows 7 hp on. It wont get past the starting windows screen when I boot off the dvd. if you have encountered the same problem please help :)
Solved Windows 7 & 8 Dual Boot Problem in Installation & Setup
When booting and given the option to load windows 8 (consumer preview) or windows 7 and selecting windows 7 it loads saying " preparing automatic repair" system recovery options menu is followed shortly after this. Windows 8 loads fine and was installed on a second partition created in windows 7...
Hi all, I set up a dual boot installation with Windows 7 and Windows 8. But I have a problem when booting into Windows 7. Pls, help me. 14315 14316 14317
Windows 8 i 7 dual boot problem in Installation & Setup
I have windows 7 installed on the C partition then i installed windows 8 on the D partition.When i startup my PC i get the boot window where i can choose between win 7 and win 8 when i pick win 7 automatic repair starts and i cant enter win 7.Windows 8 starts normally... Does anyone knows how to...
Hello all, The day the Windows 8 consumer preview came out I installed Windows 8 on a 40GB partition, dual-boot setup with my current Windows 7. Everything was peachy, until Windows 8 started to run slowly and I discovered I'd installed some incompatible programs and drivers. So I used Windows...
Eight Forums Android App Eight Forums IOS App Follow us on Facebook