Windows 8 and 8.1 Forums


I love embedded Oem keys

  1. #51


    Quote Originally Posted by aem View Post
    W8 vs W8 Pro vs W8 Enterprise.

    They are different OSs. As for 32Bit vs 64Bit link me articles that says one license cover both because i need to know myself.
    Here is answer from ms on license
    http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/w...8-fd7feb7d1915

    Enterprise not sold to consumers, volume license only.

      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  2. #52


    So your Acers are confirmed to have W8 Pro (32/64Bit) license from factory. And your Dell is also windows 8 Pro (32/64bit)?

    Guessing should not be an option. Need 100% surity.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  3. #53


    Quote Originally Posted by aem View Post
    So your Acers are confirmed to have W8 Pro (32/64Bit) license from factory. And your Dell is also windows 8 Pro (32/64bit)?

    Guessing should not be an option. Need 100% surity.
    No, the Acer's were Windows 8 standard 64 bit. The Dell was Windows 8 pro 64 bit. I had to buy the $99 pro pack upgrade for the Acer's to get them to Windows 8 pro 64 bit.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  4. #54


    Ok so now the we have full info. You are now certified with good times.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  5. #55


    Were you concerned I was doing something wrong? I do licensing as part of my job and have for years.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  6. #56


    No just concerned about accuracy (or lack of info) which has lead me to not understanding. Could be same for others.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  7. #57


    Ok, fair enough. Glad I could help.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  8. #58


    Sydney, Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts : 6,490
    Windows 10 Education 64 Bit


    You were still legal even without buying the Pro Packs for the Acers anyway. Windows 8 (core) was installed on those by default which is what the Acers originally shipped with and were licensed for. The Pro Packs were used to upgrade them to 8 Pro for some extra features you wanted right?
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  9. #59


    Quote Originally Posted by alphanumeric View Post
    You were still legal even without buying the Pro Packs for the Acers anyway. Windows 8 (core) was installed on those by default which is what the Acers originally shipped with and were licensed for. The Pro Packs were used to upgrade them to 8 Pro for some extra features you wanted right?
    Yes correct. These machines needed to be able to join our Active Directory domain. Hence the reason I had to buy the Pro Pack upgrades.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  10. #60


    Sydney, Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts : 6,490
    Windows 10 Education 64 Bit


    Quote Originally Posted by pparks1 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by alphanumeric View Post
    You were still legal even without buying the Pro Packs for the Acers anyway. Windows 8 (core) was installed on those by default which is what the Acers originally shipped with and were licensed for. The Pro Packs were used to upgrade them to 8 Pro for some extra features you wanted right?
    Yes correct. These machines needed to be able to join our Active Directory domain. Hence the reason I had to buy the Pro Pack upgrades.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
I love embedded Oem keys
Related Threads
Read more at source: Will BIOS-embedded Windows 8 product keys cause reinstall troubles? | ZDNet
Hello, I am used to using the hjkl keys as arrow keys on my home computer by using xmodmap to avoid moving from the home row. Is there any way on 'microsoft windows 8' to configure the hjkl keys to be used as arrow keys while a modifier key such as 'ctrl', 'alt' or 'meta' is held down? The hjkl...
Eight Forums Android App Eight Forums IOS App Follow us on Facebook