Windows 8 and 8.1 Forums


Sata Controller Driver missing form Wndows 8 for Acer Aspi

  1. #11


    Posts : 68
    Windows 8 Pro 64-bit


    Also if you please explain to me whay after win8 installation VIA Vista's setup i got a BCD error.

      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  2. #12


    Posts : 5,592
    ME, XP,Vista,Win7,Win8,Win8.1


    Quote Originally Posted by nikos View Post
    Also if you please explain to me whay after win8 installation VIA Vista's setup i got a BCD error.

    Most likely Sata Controller Drivers.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  3. #13


    Sydney, Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts : 6,490
    Windows 10 Education 64 Bit


    I have an Acer Aspire 5920 and I have installed Windows 8 (64 bit and 32 bit) on it in the past. I didn't have that problem and didn't have to manually install the SATA driver during the install. I did the install from a USB thumb drive in both cases. I didn't have any problems deleting or creating partitions. There were some other drivers I had to hunt up but that was after Windows was installed. That laptop now has Windows 7 on it. Mine only had the Mobile Intel® GM965 Express Chipset for graphics and I couldn't get it to calculate a WEI score without an error. I couldn't get the CIR to work either. Where did you get your Windows 8 install media from?
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  4. #14


    Posts : 5,592
    ME, XP,Vista,Win7,Win8,Win8.1
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  5. #15


    Posts : 68
    Windows 8 Pro 64-bit


    ON YOUR 1ST SCREENSHOT I CLICKED AT THE EXACT FILE.

    At the 2nd screenshot i cant find these files you psot instead after clicking the st post;s url it gives me

    f6flpy3289
    and
    f6flpy6489

    Are these the same ones?
    And if yes why they arent presented to me the same way as to you?
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  6. #16


    Posts : 68
    Windows 8 Pro 64-bit


    Quote Originally Posted by alphanumeric View Post
    I have an Acer Aspire 5920 and I have installed Windows 8 (64 bit and 32 bit) on it in the past. I didn't have that problem and didn't have to manually install the SATA driver during the install. I did the install from a USB thumb drive in both cases. I didn't have any problems deleting or creating partitions. There were some other drivers I had to hunt up but that was after Windows was installed. That laptop now has Windows 7 on it. Mine only had the Mobile Intel® GM965 Express Chipset for graphics and I couldn't get it to calculate a WEI score without an error. I couldn't get the CIR to work either. Where did you get your Windows 8 install media from?
    Maybe because you have 5920 model and not 5920g. Must have different chipsets.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  7. #17


    Sydney, Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts : 6,490
    Windows 10 Education 64 Bit


    Quote Originally Posted by nikos View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by alphanumeric View Post
    I have an Acer Aspire 5920 and I have installed Windows 8 (64 bit and 32 bit) on it in the past. I didn't have that problem and didn't have to manually install the SATA driver during the install. I did the install from a USB thumb drive in both cases. I didn't have any problems deleting or creating partitions. There were some other drivers I had to hunt up but that was after Windows was installed. That laptop now has Windows 7 on it. Mine only had the Mobile Intel® GM965 Express Chipset for graphics and I couldn't get it to calculate a WEI score without an error. I couldn't get the CIR to work either. Where did you get your Windows 8 install media from?
    Maybe because you have 5920 model and not 5920g. Must have different chipsets.
    Maybe? According to this page Acer Support: Aspire 5920G Series Specifications it has the same Mobile Intel® PM965 Express chip-set mine has. Everything else looks about the same too. I'm not sure what the G specification means? Sorry I can't offer more help, I just found it odd that mine didn't need any extra drivers to do the initial install. Windows 7 installed just fine too, from a USB thumb drive. Does you hard drive show up in the BIOS correctly?
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  8. #18


    Posts : 68
    Windows 8 Pro 64-bit


    Yes it does, now i di the following installed vista then rebooted started with safe mode from command prompt and then form the cmd i gave setup to initiate a win8 setup.

    It went 1.000.000 hours copying files reboot and then poped an error.

    Then i decided to Boot from Win8 USB and it presented the hdd fine but when i told it to install to unallcoated space it didn t ask me that it needed to have 2 partition like system prserver and 8 and keep installing.

    How did it do that? in my lenovo it tells me it need to partitions.

    What the hell is happenign here?

    How did it find the drivers npow which it couldnt before?
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  9. #19


    Sydney, Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts : 6,490
    Windows 10 Education 64 Bit


    I don't know. When I did my first Windows 7 install I deleted all partitions, including the restore partition, and created new ones. Windows 7 automatically created the 100 Mb system reserved. When I did my Windows 8 installs I deleted the system reserved partition and the OS partition, and left my DATA partition alone. Windows 8 always created a 350 Mb system reserved partition along with the OS partition. I always launched the install by booting from the thumb drive and not running it from the currently installed OS.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  10. #20


    Posts : 68
    Windows 8 Pro 64-bit


    I see.
    I managed to install it finally!

    Key is to install Vista reboot, started "Safe Mode with CMD" and then initiated setup form usb stick

    Because Vista was booted in safe mode the hdd was presented fine but it didn't allow me to partition change.
    Then 8 was fianlly installed.

    But...
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Sata Controller Driver missing form Wndows 8 for Acer Aspi
Related Threads
Greetings, Here the other day I switched out my G41M-Combo motherboard with a Z97 Gaming 5 Motherboard, and I have installed everything but one single Device. On device manager it comes up as a SM Bus Controller under Other Devices: Checking the Hardware IDs I get this: -...
Solved SM Bus controller driver Missing in Drivers & Hardware
Greetings to all, I have yet again some driver missing. This time it is the 'SM Bus Controller' driver missing. I have tried to use the sfc /scannow but no dice. Its telling me that all is good. I have tried to disable and uninstall completely then reboot my rig but still no dice. I...
Missing SATA DVD drive? in Drivers & Hardware
Hi, I am trying to install a graphics card in my desktop pc. The heat sink on the card blocks the SATA port that the DVD drive is plugged into (SATA1) so I've switched the DVD drive to SATA2. The drive is now showing as connected to port2 in the BIOS, but in windows (Win8 64-bit) it isn't...
Need sata driver for My acer plz in Drivers & Hardware
hi i have acer aspire t650-9870 desktop and i want to install Windows 8 but i can't because i need uli sata driver for my hard drive to show up my hard drive in windows installing any one can help me please :cry: :cry: 23802
Serial ATA Controller Driver... in Drivers & Hardware
...not installed. Any idea were I can find one?
I have tried everything that I know how to do to find this with no success. I have a dell precision m4600.
I just installed a Highpoint 620 PCI-E SATA controller card into my win 8 PC. Win 8 has installed (best guess) the Microsoft Storage Spaces Controller for the Highpoint 620. And my Blu-ray burner which is connected to the 620, seems to be working. But I would like to find some dedicated...
Eight Forums Android App Eight Forums IOS App Follow us on Facebook