Information We Collect
By registering to Eight Forums you need to submit a chosen name and contact information, more specifically an e-mail address. No extremely personal information, such as Social Security or Credit Card numbers are required or stored by us.
All other information provided by you goes into a "public profile" and is entirely optional; all information held in that profile is held there at your own risk. This info is edited via your Control Panel in the forums.
In running and maintaining our website we may collect and process the following data about you:
(1) Information about your use of our site including details of your visits such as pages viewed and the resources that you access. Such information includes traffic data, location data and other communication data.
(2) Information provided voluntarily by you. For example, when you register for information.
(3) Information that you provide when you communicate with us by any means.
Use of Your Information
We use the information that we collect from you to provide our services to you. In addition to this we may use the information for one or more of the following purposes:
(1) To provide information to you that you request from us relating to our services.
(2) To inform you of any changes to our website.
Storing Your Personal Data
In operating our website it may become necessary to transfer data that we collect from you to locations outside of the European Union for processing and storing. By providing your personal data to us, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing.
Eight Forums will take all reasonable effort to ensure that all personal information you have submitted is maintained secure on our server. However, we make no warranty to this.
Disclosing Your Information
Eight Forums will not sell, transmit or distribute any data held without your prior permission or consent, unless required to do so under relevant England and Wales legislation.
Third Party Links
Access to Information
In accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 you have the right to access any information that we hold relating to you. Please note that we reserve the right to charge a fee of £10 to cover costs incurred by us in providing you with the information.
Cookies consist of pieces of text, often including unique identifiers, that are sent by web servers to web browsers, and which may then be sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server.
Cookies can be used by web servers to identity and track users as they navigate different pages on a website and to identify users returning to a website.
Cookies may be either "persistent" cookies or "session" cookies. A persistent cookie consists of a text file sent by a web server to a web browser, which will be stored by the browser and will remain valid until its set expiry date (unless deleted by the user before the expiry date). A session cookie, on the other hand, will expire at the end of the user session, when the web browser is closed.
Cookies on this website
We use both session cookies and persistent cookies on this website.
We may send to you the following cookies:
(1) xenforo forum preferences
(2) xenforo forum login
(3) Google Analytics
(4) 3rd Party Advertising
Cookie 2 is a session cookie, whereas cookies 1,3,4 are persistent cookies.
Cookies do not contain any information that personally identifies you, but personal information that we store about you may be linked, by us, to the information stored in and obtained from cookies.
We may use the information we obtain from your use of our cookies for the following purposes:
(1) To recognise your computer when you visit our website;
(2) To track you as you navigate our website.
(3) To improve the website's usability;
(4) To analyse the use of our website;
(5) In the administration of this website;
(6) To personalise our website for you, including targeting advertisements which may be of particular interest to you.
Third party cookies
When you use our website, you may also be sent third party cookies.
Our advertisers may send you cookies. They may use the information they obtain from your use of their cookies:
(1) To track your browser across multiple websites;
(2) To build a profile of your web surfing;
(3) To target advertisements which may be of particular interest to you.
Our advertising services providers may send you cookies for the purpose of enabling the service of advertisements based on your previous visits to our website.
Most browsers allow you to refuse to accept cookies. For example:
(1) in Internet Explorer you can refuse all cookies by clicking "Tools", "Internet Options", "Privacy", and selecting "Block all cookies" using the sliding selector;
(2) in Firefox you can block all cookies by clicking "Tools", "Options", and un-checking "Accept cookies from sites" in the "Privacy" box.
Blocking all cookies will, however, have a negative impact upon the usability of many websites. If you block cookies, you will not be able to use the identify feature(s) on this website.
You can also delete cookies already stored on your computer:
(1) in Internet Explorer, you must manually delete cookie files (you can find instructions for doing so at http://support.microsoft.com/kb/278835);
(2) in Firefox, you can delete cookies by, first ensuring that cookies are to be deleted when you "clear private data" (this setting can be changed by clicking "Tools", "Options" and "Settings" in the "Private Data" box) and then clicking "Clear private data" in the "Tools" menu.
Obviously, doing this may have a negative impact on the usability of many websites.
This website is owned and operated by Designer Media Ltd.
If you have any questions about our cookies or this cookies policy, please contact us.