Windows 8 and 8.1 Forums


Win 8 AMD Switchable Graphics FAQ

  1. #181


    Posts : 108
    Windows 8.1 Pro with Media Center 2013 Version: 6.3.9600 Build 9600.16408


    Quote Originally Posted by HOODY View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MKeezy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MKeezy View Post



    Update:


    I noticed that when I initially installed the Leshcat Driver set; the AMD driver encountered a problem during the install process. Windows did not recognize it as being digitally signed properly. [That was most like due to the fact that I removed the Test Mode watermark immediately upon restart, which was before I restarted the install process to install all the drivers]

    I REALLY hate the watermark!

    I just re-installed everything once again, but this time I did not immediately remove the watermark before completing the installation. Everything installed without a hitch this time. Windows didn't recognize any signature issue or try to block installation of any the driver components this time.

    My device manager is not currently registering any issues with any of my drivers and my system fan is completely idle. I also have the Catalyst Control Center successfully installed, so it looks like everything is working fine at this point.

    [Cross your fingers, Dude! I'm about to remove that pesky Test Mode watermark once again]

    With any luck... Windows will continue to accept the digital signature outside of Test Mode at this point, since everything is already installed and has been registered as working properly.

    Update:

    I removed the watermark and restarted my system again, which caused the normal windows system integrity check to recognized the AMD driver as being improperly signed. I really don't understand why it's necessary for me to have to run my computer in Test Mode for this to work correctly.

    Ask your buddy how exactly did he remove the Test Mode watermark. Ask him, if he used the registry editing software I've been seeing online, which allows one to take ownership of the shell32.dll.mui. Or.... Did he simply remove it using a command-line script (bcdedit.exe -set TESTSIGNING OFF) as I did?
    damn, so what does that mean? is it still workin? or now have problems? I'll post that question and see what comes back.


    Update:

    The error (code 52) is back on the AMD driver in the Device Manager! I'm going to turn Test Mode back on and see if it goes way again.

      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  2. #182


    VA USA
    Posts : 349
    W8.1up1 Pro x64 w/media center


    Quote Originally Posted by MKeezy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by HOODY View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MKeezy View Post


    Update:

    I removed the watermark and restarted my system again, which caused the normal windows system integrity check to recognized the AMD driver as being improperly signed. I really don't understand why it's necessary for me to have to run my computer in Test Mode for this to work correctly.

    Ask your buddy how exactly did he remove the Test Mode watermark. Ask him, if he used the registry editing software I've been seeing online, which allows one to take ownership of the shell32.dll.mui. Or.... Did he simply remove it using a command-line script (bcdedit.exe -set TESTSIGNING OFF) as I did?
    damn, so what does that mean? is it still workin? or now have problems? I'll post that question and see what comes back.


    Update:

    The error (code 52) is back on the AMD driver in the Device Manager! I'm going to turn Test Mode back on and see if it goes way again.

    Just for the record, here is what this guy on leshcatsaid when I asked about the other stuff than BF


    Johnny Nov 11, 2012 1:04 am No black screen
    brightness works perfectly
    no wake from sleep problems
    ccc works as well
    switchable works as well
    the only problem i have with this laptop is that i can’t play bf3 at all without it freezing, overheating or crashing after a while. other then that everything works normally. only time it overheats is when i am playing games. for example bf3 eats up more resource the most games and overheats faster. world of tanks takes a bit longer to overheat
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  3. #183


    Posts : 108
    Windows 8.1 Pro with Media Center 2013 Version: 6.3.9600 Build 9600.16408


    Man.... I never wanted to spend this much of my own time on this again. But it seems that as long as you are running in the Test Mode environment everything works fine. I just re-enabled Test Mode and now my Device Manager doesn't show any issues with any of my drivers.

    MY system is running as expected and without issue within the Test Mode environment.

    I guess I can deal with having to look at that DAMN the Watermark!!!
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  4. #184


    Posts : 108
    Windows 8.1 Pro with Media Center 2013 Version: 6.3.9600 Build 9600.16408


    Quote Originally Posted by HOODY View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MKeezy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by HOODY View Post

    damn, so what does that mean? is it still workin? or now have problems? I'll post that question and see what comes back.


    Update:

    The error (code 52) is back on the AMD driver in the Device Manager! I'm going to turn Test Mode back on and see if it goes way again.

    Just for the record, here is what this guy on leshcatsaid when I asked about the other stuff than BF


    Johnny Nov 11, 2012 1:04 am No black screen
    brightness works perfectly
    no wake from sleep problems
    ccc works as well
    switchable works as well
    the only problem i have with this laptop is that i can’t play bf3 at all without it freezing, overheating or crashing after a while. other then that everything works normally. only time it overheats is when i am playing games. for example bf3 eats up more resource the most games and overheats faster. world of tanks takes a bit longer to overheat

    What the hell is this? Are you giving me the old Honey/Hammer routine right now? That sure look like a big f@%kin HAMMER to me! You should have showed me that before, Yo!

    [Reel'em in with the HONEY, then bash'em over the head with the HAMMER when they least expect it]


    However, I'm not having any problems at the moment as long as I remain running in Test Mode.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  5. #185


    Posts : 8
    Windows 8 Pro 32 Bit


    Quote Originally Posted by MKeezy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by caesarnovaldy View Post
    32 bit driver please


    What exactly do you need 32 bit drivers for? You haven't provided enough information about your problem.
    i need AMD-signed intel drivers for 32 bit, because HP only provide 64 bit drivers.

    i have used the old windows 7 drivers. the switchable graphics is works. but screen goes blink when i open metro apps or Office 2013. so i tried to update the intel driver to .2867, the screen doesn't blink anymore, but switchable graphics is not working anymore

    please help
    sorry for bad english
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  6. #186


    Posts : 108
    Windows 8.1 Pro with Media Center 2013 Version: 6.3.9600 Build 9600.16408


    Quote Originally Posted by HOODY View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MKeezy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by HOODY View Post

    damn, so what does that mean? is it still workin? or now have problems? I'll post that question and see what comes back.


    Update:

    The error (code 52) is back on the AMD driver in the Device Manager! I'm going to turn Test Mode back on and see if it goes way again.

    Just for the record, here is what this guy on leshcatsaid when I asked about the other stuff than BF


    Johnny Nov 11, 2012 1:04 am No black screen
    brightness works perfectly
    no wake from sleep problems
    ccc works as well
    switchable works as well
    the only problem i have with this laptop is that i can’t play bf3 at all without it freezing, overheating or crashing after a while. other then that everything works normally. only time it overheats is when i am playing games. for example bf3 eats up more resource the most games and overheats faster. world of tanks takes a bit longer to overheat
    Can you, please, ask, how he addressed the watermark issue without cause the AMD driver to fail the Windows integrity check?
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  7. #187


    Posts : 108
    Windows 8.1 Pro with Media Center 2013 Version: 6.3.9600 Build 9600.16408


    Quote Originally Posted by caesarnovaldy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MKeezy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by caesarnovaldy View Post
    32 bit driver please


    What exactly do you need 32 bit drivers for? You haven't provided enough information about your problem.
    i need AMD-signed intel drivers for 32 bit, because HP only provide 64 bit drivers.

    i have used the old windows 7 drivers. the switchable graphics is works. but screen goes blink when i open metro apps or Office 2013. so i tried to update the intel driver to .2867, the screen doesn't blink anymore, but switchable graphics is not working anymore

    please help
    sorry for bad english
    What type of HP system do you have? (i.e., Pavilion DV6T, Envy, etc...)
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  8. #188


    VA USA
    Posts : 349
    W8.1up1 Pro x64 w/media center


    Quote Originally Posted by HOODY View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MKeezy View Post
    Man.... I never wanted to spend this much of my own time on this again. But it seems that as long as you are running in the Test Mode environment everything works fine. I just re-enabled Test Mode and now my Device Manager doesn't show any issues with any of my drivers.

    MY system is running as expected and without issue within the Test Mode environment.

    I guess I can deal with having to look at that DAMN the Watermark!!!

    LOLOL oh man lol you sound like I do when I'm messing with these damned "machines" lol. I'm waiting for an answer to that other question. I'm holding up my home phone line all day today lol.
    Is there a setting in W8 that lets you switch like that
    Last edited by HOODY; 10 Nov 2012 at 21:04.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  9. #189


    VA USA
    Posts : 349
    W8.1up1 Pro x64 w/media center


    I'm asking that water mark question now, but have to wait for some sort of reply Ill be sure to let you know if I find anything out, as I want to know too. Btw that program for water mark removal is WPC watermark editor


    I guess that Johnny guy is also using the test mode, he just said the watermark is still there on his.

    I'll see what somebody else has to say, sooner or later they weigh in.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  10. #190


    Posts : 8
    Windows 8 Pro 32 Bit


    Quote Originally Posted by MKeezy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by caesarnovaldy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MKeezy View Post



    What exactly do you need 32 bit drivers for? You haven't provided enough information about your problem.
    i need AMD-signed intel drivers for 32 bit, because HP only provide 64 bit drivers.

    i have used the old windows 7 drivers. the switchable graphics is works. but screen goes blink when i open metro apps or Office 2013. so i tried to update the intel driver to .2867, the screen doesn't blink anymore, but switchable graphics is not working anymore

    please help
    sorry for bad english
    What type of HP system do you have? (i.e., Pavilion DV6T, Envy, etc...)
    Pavilion G4-1335TX
    GPU: Radeon HD 7450M
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

Page 19 of 59 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast
Win 8 AMD Switchable Graphics FAQ
Related Threads
I have HP Envy M6 1102tx with 2GB Radeon Switchable Graphics card but Catalyst Control Center can't be started.... Tried updating the ATI Radeon and Intel HD Graphics drivers and still not working. I am running Windows 8.1 64-bit
Greetings, I have been following the thread and so forth on the switchable graphics and anything to do with windows 8 for the longest time. I got one of those laptops where HP claims it doesnt support windows 8 and so forth. HP Envy 14 1211nr with beats audio. AMD 5650 1gb & Intel HD Video (FG)...
Hello! I have a notebook pc that comes with windows 7 from factory. I would like to install windows 8 in my machine. It has integrated intel hd graphics chip and separate nvidia geforce 420m graphic card. I heard switchable graphics are not working fine with windows 8. Is that true? BTW my system...
Switchable Graphics Driver in Graphic Cards
Hello, So I downloaded windows 8 onto my HP envy laptop (2011 model) and everything was going dandy until I tried connecting to my external monitor. It does not even acknowledge that my monitor is connected. I have looked online and it seems like the problem lies with my drivers. Apparently my...
Ok, so I have an HP ENVY dv6z-7200 Notebook PC that came with Windows 8 already installed. I've done A LOT of digging and came to the solution that I need to switch things around in the bios. I need to switch from Dynamic mode to Fixed mode, but there is no option in the new W8 EUFI thing, or...
Hello, I have an ati/amd radeon hd 6370 graphics card but it won't work on windows 8 RTM since the old drivers won't even install properly on windows 8(they install but don't seem to work). Can i get updated drivers(switchable graphics) for the ati graphics card? Also are there any updated...
If it's working, I'll grab the Windows 8 Release Preview. If it's not yet, I'll hold off for the retail version.
Eight Forums Android App Eight Forums IOS App Follow us on Facebook