Windows 8 and 8.1 Forums


Win 8 AMD Switchable Graphics FAQ

  1. #141


    Posts : 138
    Windows 8 CP x64


    Quote Originally Posted by EarthBow View Post
    Is it possible that Sony's W7-drivers will work for me in W8? Sony : SVE14A1S1EB uppdateringar | Ladda ner uppdateringar fr SVE14A1S1EB

    I've found Windows 8 drivers for Radeon HD 7570M and Intel HD 4000 - will that work for me in W8?
    Thanks for reply!
    @EarthBow:

    Question 1: Yes, Windows 7 (WDDM 1.0/DirectX 9.0) drivers are SUPPOSED to work on Windows 8 (WDDM 1.1/1.2), however from all reports, older versions (your Sony Win7 link is based on Catalyst 12.1/12.2) of the AMD driver may NOT work properly (Code 10 issues).

    Question 2: If you've found Windows 8 drivers from Sony, they should work fine! The only reason to use 3rd party drivers is to get the LATEST versions, fixes, and performance enhancements (read: gaming), or unsupported hardware on your Windows 8 install working.

    Quote Originally Posted by lgigil View Post
    This is my HP notebook configuration: Intel 3000 (ok) and AMD Radeon HD 6490M
    So these drivers are not compatible with my video cards (I've already tried). Are there any driver compatible with mine?
    @lgigil:

    Need more info!

    Which drivers have you tried that are not compatible? What model HP do you have? Are there HP Windows 8 drivers listed for your model at 24/7 Online support for HP's Home and Home Office Products | HP Support? Have you tried the latest Leshcat? Have you read the [* DRIVERS UPDATE *] info on the first post?

    Quote Originally Posted by aleseba77 View Post
    hello, any news about the 7690m xt driver's? so far what is the better solution? thanks
    @aleseba77:

    I have seen (mixed?) reports that the AMD Radeon HD 7690M XT works with the latest Leshcat Catalyst 12.10 WHQL UnifL for AMD+Intel Graphics. The only way to know would be to remove your existing drivers and try it, using these instructions (with screenshots) from the Leshcat UnifL Manual.

    Alternatively, you could try the (older than Leshcat) HP SoftPaq SP58815, based on Catalyst 12.9/12.10 Beta (download here); for details, see the advice to Jersey Tom. To install, just download and run.




    @ALL - for more info on the choices, as well as which drivers support what, see this post, and also the top and bottom of the first post.
    Last edited by alphastar; 05 Nov 2012 at 23:28.

      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  2. #142


    Posts : 5
    Windows 7/8


    Quote Originally Posted by lgigil View Post
    This is my HP notebook configuration: Intel 3000 (ok) and AMD Radeon HD 6490M
    So these drivers are not compatible with my video cards (I've already tried). Are there any driver compatible with mine?
    I have the DV7-6135dx with the same configuration. The HP update worked for me. Maybe I'm just lucky.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  3. #143


    Posts : 138
    Windows 8 CP x64


    Thanks m1a1mg,

    Perhaps you could have a look in C:\SWSetup and tell us which SoftPaq (SPxxxxx) was installed for the 6490M?
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  4. #144


    Posts : 5
    Windows 7/8


    SP59147

    Not made for my machine, but it works.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  5. #145


    Posts : 3
    Windows 8 Pro x64


    Hi,

    I installed the latest OEM driver for my HP Pavilion G6. The driver is SP59147. However, when I right-click on the desktop and choose Configure Switchable Graphics nothing happens. When I open up the Catalyst Control Center it closes abruptly when I select Power -> Switchable Graphics Application Settings.

    Of course all my games are running using the HD3000 GPU because nothing can ever be easy. Does anyone else have this similar issue and maybe know a fix or workaround?

    Thanks!
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  6. #146


    Posts : 138
    Windows 8 CP x64


    Quote Originally Posted by Barbarian View Post
    Hi,

    I installed the latest OEM driver for my HP Pavilion G6. The driver is SP59147. However, when I right-click on the desktop and choose Configure Switchable Graphics nothing happens. When I open up the Catalyst Control Center it closes abruptly when I select Power -> Switchable Graphics Application Settings.

    Of course all my games are running using the HD3000 GPU because nothing can ever be easy. Does anyone else have this similar issue and maybe know a fix or workaround?

    Thanks!

    A quick fix might be to install the AMD Catalyst 12.10 or 12.11 Beta release (see first post for downloads), or if you want to keep the HP-supported configuration, uninstall then reinstall the HP drivers (SP59147 in your case).

    To troubleshoot the current HP driver installation, you might need to provide more details on your current install in Device Manager (see example here) - not sure it would be better than a reinstall though.
    Last edited by alphastar; 08 Nov 2012 at 15:23. Reason: Oops, had SP59157 instead of SP59147
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  7. #147


    Posts : 9
    Win 8 Pron64bit


    Can someone point me in the direction of the correct drivers to fix the problem for 7690M XT? I am pretty sure I followed the instructions correctly but it still doesn't work.

    From my understanding I need an AMD signed Intel graphics driver? My HP model's website does not list any graphics drivers for windows 8 so I downloaded the Intel Drivers from the notebookcheck link. After installation, in my device manager it still says "Intel HD graphics 3000" (same as before). I tried installing the AMD drivers though and I am still getting Code 43.

    I must be downloading some wrong drivers but does anyone have the correct links? Or care to explain it to me like I'm 5? haha.

    Thank you.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  8. #148


    Posts : 138
    Windows 8 CP x64


    Quote Originally Posted by justindm View Post
    Can someone point me in the direction of the correct drivers to fix the problem for 7690M XT? I am pretty sure I followed the instructions correctly but it still doesn't work.

    From my understanding I need an AMD signed Intel graphics driver? My HP model's website does not list any graphics drivers for windows 8 so I downloaded the Intel Drivers from the notebookcheck link. After installation, in my device manager it still says "Intel HD graphics 3000" (same as before). I tried installing the AMD drivers though and I am still getting Code 43.

    I must be downloading some wrong drivers but does anyone have the correct links? Or care to explain it to me like I'm 5? haha.

    Thank you.
    Like I've said before, the fastest way to get help, is if you post screenshots (or type the actual info in a new message) like the 3 pics posted here, on Post #46.

    Also, I've updated the info regarding fixes for (Code 43) errors at the top of the first post.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  9. #149


    Posts : 9
    Win 8 Pron64bit


    Click image for larger versionClick image for larger versionClick image for larger version
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  10. #150


    Posts : 3
    Windows 8 Pro x64


    Quote Originally Posted by alphastar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Barbarian View Post
    Hi,

    I installed the latest OEM driver for my HP Pavilion G6. The driver is SP59147. However, when I right-click on the desktop and choose Configure Switchable Graphics nothing happens. When I open up the Catalyst Control Center it closes abruptly when I select Power -> Switchable Graphics Application Settings.

    Of course all my games are running using the HD3000 GPU because nothing can ever be easy. Does anyone else have this similar issue and maybe know a fix or workaround?

    Thanks!

    A quick fix might be to install the AMD Catalyst 12.10 or 12.11 Beta release (see first post for downloads), or if you want to keep the HP-supported configuration, uninstall then reinstall the HP drivers (SP59147 in your case).

    To troubleshoot the current HP driver installation, you might need to provide more details on your current install in Device Manager (see example here) - not sure it would be better than a reinstall though.
    Thanks for the reply. I uninstalled my drivers using Driver Fusion as per the instructions. Then reinstalled the OEM drivers. Same thing, the Switchable Graphics option does nothing. Updated to the AMD Catalyst 12.10 drivers. No change. What the hell. Device manager is picking up my Radeon 7450m just fine but I can't switch to it.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

Page 15 of 59 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast
Win 8 AMD Switchable Graphics FAQ
Related Threads
I have HP Envy M6 1102tx with 2GB Radeon Switchable Graphics card but Catalyst Control Center can't be started.... Tried updating the ATI Radeon and Intel HD Graphics drivers and still not working. I am running Windows 8.1 64-bit
Greetings, I have been following the thread and so forth on the switchable graphics and anything to do with windows 8 for the longest time. I got one of those laptops where HP claims it doesnt support windows 8 and so forth. HP Envy 14 1211nr with beats audio. AMD 5650 1gb & Intel HD Video (FG)...
Hello! I have a notebook pc that comes with windows 7 from factory. I would like to install windows 8 in my machine. It has integrated intel hd graphics chip and separate nvidia geforce 420m graphic card. I heard switchable graphics are not working fine with windows 8. Is that true? BTW my system...
Switchable Graphics Driver in Graphic Cards
Hello, So I downloaded windows 8 onto my HP envy laptop (2011 model) and everything was going dandy until I tried connecting to my external monitor. It does not even acknowledge that my monitor is connected. I have looked online and it seems like the problem lies with my drivers. Apparently my...
Ok, so I have an HP ENVY dv6z-7200 Notebook PC that came with Windows 8 already installed. I've done A LOT of digging and came to the solution that I need to switch things around in the bios. I need to switch from Dynamic mode to Fixed mode, but there is no option in the new W8 EUFI thing, or...
Hello, I have an ati/amd radeon hd 6370 graphics card but it won't work on windows 8 RTM since the old drivers won't even install properly on windows 8(they install but don't seem to work). Can i get updated drivers(switchable graphics) for the ati graphics card? Also are there any updated...
If it's working, I'll grab the Windows 8 Release Preview. If it's not yet, I'll hold off for the retail version.
Eight Forums Android App Eight Forums IOS App Follow us on Facebook