Windows 8 and 8.1 Forums


Latest NVIDIA GeForce Graphics Drivers for Windows 8

  1. #41


    Posts : 681
    Windows 7 Pro x 2/Windows 10 Home/10 Pro/Windows 10 TP


    Quote Originally Posted by johnpombrio View Post
    NVIDIA's GTX 680 Intermittent VSYNC Stuttering Issue To Be Fixed In Next Driver - Legit Reviews

    Unfortunately, there is a stuttering bug on the GTX 680 card (I have two in two different machines.) I have to stick to the beta 304.48 NVidia driver (which fixes the bug) as the Win8 driver release notes don't say a damn word about the bug.
    The release notes for the 302.82 driver only claim stuttering with the GT 520 on certain settings but if you say you have two 680's installed on 2 different machines with stuttering issues I'll believe you before the release notes.

    Click image for larger version

      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  2. #42


    Manchester CT
    Posts : 693
    Windows 8.1 Pro 64 bit GA


    Articles : New GeForce 304.48 Beta Driver Gets You Ready For Summer Gaming | GeForce

    Here is the official word about the GTX 680 stuttering bug being fixed. Since the beta driver also improves gameplay (the only reason to have the card in the 1st place), then I will stick with the Win7 Beta driver.
    I saw the stuttering bug once I THINK, but no reason to ignore a fix.
    Funny thing is that I do not see a problem with any of the things that NVidia are saying that they "fixed" with the Win8 drivers. No reason to load them at all IMHO.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  3. #43


    Posts : 22,279
    64-bit Windows 10


    New NVIDIA 304.79 BETA drivers released for Windows 8. See first post for more details.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  4. #44


    Posts : 2
    Windows 8 RP


    I've got these new drivers freshly installed on my new installation of RP (I just added a SSD in my computer and some memory so I had to reinstall everything), and this is what WEI gives me :
    Click image for larger version
    On my previous installation (which was made on top of my old W7) I had something like 7.7 in both graphic scores.
    3D games work fine though (Batman Arkham City tested and works nearly as it was on my old W7)

    However I experience some recurring "small lags" from time to time in games (and since I switched for W8), even in low-demanding ones like Rayman Origins (2D plateformer), whereas it runs smoothly on my E-350-powered Netbook (!!) also running on the Release Preview.
    And it seems like I can"t get GPU-acceleration in Adobe CS6 softwares like Premiere Pro or After Effects, the latter tells me CUDA (and OpenCL but I'm just guessing for that one) isn't available on my machine.

    Any clues/infos about that ?
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  5. #45


    Posts : 9
    Windows 8 Pro x64


    Quote Originally Posted by Brink View Post
    New NVIDIA 304.79 BETA drivers released for Windows 8. See first post for more details.
    Yep, the 304.79 beta drivers are horrible, you'll get BSODs in games. Stick with the 302.82 WHQL drivers, they may say they're for Win8 RP but they work perfectly in RTM.

    NVIDIA DRIVERS 302.82WHQL
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  6. #46


    Manchester CT
    Posts : 693
    Windows 8.1 Pro 64 bit GA


    I have had ZERO problems with the 304.79 BETA driver for my GTX 680 on a bunch of games...
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  7. #47


    Australia
    Posts : 716
    Windows 7 Ult Reatil & Win 8 Pro OEM


    I used NVIDIA online search to get the latest drivers for my video card for Win8. Originally I had 3 GTX video cards SLI linked, but removed two due to BSODs and error messages re video stopped working.

    Even just using one card, and despite downloading and doing a clean install of the drivers recommended by NVIDIA, the screen would periodically go purple, and sometimes lock up, and I'd need to force reboot. Other times it would say video experienced a problem and stopped working, but has now restarted.

    It seems to be OK for awhile, then the problem recurs for no apparent reason. I'm also using an Intel Extreme mobo and i7, 6 core, 12 thread extreme CPU and 12GB RAM.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  8. #48


    Posts : 9
    Windows 8 Pro x64


    Quote Originally Posted by johnpombrio View Post
    I have had ZERO problems with the 304.79 BETA driver for my GTX 680 on a bunch of games...
    If you own it, try Crysis Warhead for 10mins at max settings. Guaranteed BSOD on 304.79 on a GTX590 in Windows 8. Switch to 302.82 and no BSOD, I can play for hours.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  9. #49


    Manchester CT
    Posts : 693
    Windows 8.1 Pro 64 bit GA


    Quote Originally Posted by Squuiid View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by johnpombrio View Post
    I have had ZERO problems with the 304.79 BETA driver for my GTX 680 on a bunch of games...
    If you own it, try Crysis Warhead for 10mins at max settings. Guaranteed BSOD on 304.79 on a GTX590 in Windows 8. Switch to 302.82 and no BSOD, I can play for hours.
    Google "crysis warhead bsod" Crysis is notorious for beating graphics cards to an inch of death! With a GTX590 hammer of a card with cooling a priority, I could certainly see the issues. But it's not just NVidia or one particular driver or card that has this problem if you start reading through the posts. Stick to what works for you. Eventually I will load Crysis 2 back up and see what happens.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  10. #50


    Posts : 9
    Windows 8 Pro x64


    Your post isn't really relevant. While I agree Crysis is system heavy, it is very clearly a driver issue and nothing more. If one driver works perfectly and the other BSODs then it has nothing to do with the system load or cooling and everything to do with the beta driver itself.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

Page 5 of 54 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
Latest NVIDIA GeForce Graphics Drivers for Windows 8
Related Threads
Hi, Need Windows 8.1 Enterprise edition drivers for this VGA Card Link Amazon.com: NVIDIA Geforce FX5500 256 MB AGP 8x Video Graphics Card DVI/VGA/TVOUT: Computers & Accessories
Fresh install of Win 8.1 Pro, all patched and everything else is great but I cannot install the NVIDIA drivers or the GeForce Experience software for the GeForce GTX-760 video card. This is what I get... Can anyone help? Thanks!
hi, after year of wondering and not been able to install proper drivers for Windows 7 .. i was left with no choice. hopping over the every forum i spent lot of time..but finally found relief when i took desicion to deal with this on my own.. I have Hp Tx 2009Au tablet pc.with nvidia geforce...
Hello guys. I've been using Windows 8 (x64) since the beta releases and my dual monitor configuration has been working great until yesterday. However, I'm now unable to use any monitor while using the MS nvidia geforce 7600 gt driver. It's as if it's always recognizing the driver and it ends up...
So, i as using windows 8 Rtm. I had installed the windows 7 drivers for my Sony Vaio VGN-AR730e, which has an Nvidia GeForce 8400m Gt graphics card. Everything was fine for a few days, and then it shut off. When I turned it back on, the opening splash screen before windows (i'm aware bios isn't...
Hello, I like Windows 8, and my experience has been good so far. Yesterday I've installed Windows 8 and it had been hanging at 'Installing Drivers... 10%'. So I slammed my GeForce 8600 in my PC, and surprisingly it worked. However, I need my GeForce 6600 because another OS needs it...
Eight Forums Android App Eight Forums IOS App Follow us on Facebook