Windows 8 and 8.1 Forums


Latest NVIDIA GeForce Graphics Drivers for Windows 8

  1. #301


    United States
    Posts : 3,093
    Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit


    Quote Originally Posted by visruth View Post
    Okay popeye , Is removing Experience done from Programs & Features itself - the way it is written in the link?
    That will work and remember to uncheck it (custom install) during future updates.

      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  2. #302


    India
    Posts : 1,536
    Win 8.1 Update x64


    Ok got it Thank you popeye!
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  3. #303


    United States
    Posts : 3,093
    Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit


    Quote Originally Posted by visruth View Post
    Ok got it Thank you popeye!
    You're welcome friend!
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  4. #304


    N.Y.
    Posts : 2,214
    Windows 10 Pro 64bit


    Quote Originally Posted by alkaufmann View Post
    Just what does WHQL certified mean? I installed 344.48 and had to roll back to 344.11 because when the display was turned off by the system and then on again the desktop would be fuzzy. I installed 344.60 and again had to roll back to 344.11. I have an ASUS GTX 660Ti video card and it has never had a problem like this before these last two drivers. I have informed Nvidia and hope their next driver fixes this problem.
    WHQL WHQL Testing - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

    I have EVGA GeForce GTX 660 FTW w/ EVGA ACX Cooler i have no issues with any of those drivers even the new one 344.60. Check cables or run a test on card or monitor.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  5. #305


    N.Y.
    Posts : 2,214
    Windows 10 Pro 64bit


    Quote Originally Posted by alphanumeric View Post
    The one time I actually installed the Gforce Experience it wouldn't work for me. I can't remember what the issue was now but at the time it was more trouble than it was worth. I haven't bothered to install it again since. I just uncheck it along with the 3D vision stuff during the install..
    I always forget to uncheck 3D vision since i can not use it and becomes another process that runs always unless you stop it in services.msc, NVIDIA Stereoscopic 3D Driver Service.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  6. #306


    N.Y.
    Posts : 2,214
    Windows 10 Pro 64bit


    Quote Originally Posted by popeye View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by visruth View Post
    Okay popeye , Is removing Experience done from Programs & Features itself - the way it is written in the link?
    That will work and remember to uncheck it (custom install) during future updates.
    I also check in Custom install to Clean up the older drivers too, but also keep a copy of older driver in case.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  7. #307


    Posts : 132
    Windows 8.1 Pro WMC


    Quote Originally Posted by jds63;446419
    WHQL [URL="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WHQL_Testing"
    WHQL Testing - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/URL]

    I have EVGA GeForce GTX 660 FTW w/ EVGA ACX Cooler i have no issues with any of those drivers even the new one 344.60. Check cables or run a test on card or monitor.
    I have checked the cables, card and monitor works fine with 344.11 and all the previous drivers. I will try to install 344.60 again and this time do a custom install and see what happens. I am sort of hoping that I will hear back from Nvidia too.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  8. #308


    United States
    Posts : 3,093
    Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit


    Quote Originally Posted by alkaufmann View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jds63;446419
    WHQL [URL="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WHQL_Testing"
    WHQL Testing - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/URL]

    I have EVGA GeForce GTX 660 FTW w/ EVGA ACX Cooler i have no issues with any of those drivers even the new one 344.60. Check cables or run a test on card or monitor.
    I have checked the cables, card and monitor works fine with 344.11 and all the previous drivers. I will try to install 344.60 again and this time do a custom install and see what happens. I am sort of hoping that I will hear back from Nvidia too.
    You could give this a try then re-install: Display Driver Uninstaller Download version 13.4.0.0
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  9. #309


    Posts : 132
    Windows 8.1 Pro WMC


    Thanks for the display driver uninstaller suggestion, I did not need it. I did a custom clean install and also unchecked the 3D stuff which I don't use. The desktop came back up properly after the system had turned it off.

    Ak
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  10. #310


    N.Y.
    Posts : 2,214
    Windows 10 Pro 64bit


    Quote Originally Posted by alkaufmann View Post
    Thanks for the display driver uninstaller suggestion, I did not need it. I did a custom clean install and also unchecked the 3D stuff which I don't use. The desktop came back up properly after the system had turned it off.

    Ak
    Glad to see it worked out with Custom installation of new drivers !!
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

Page 31 of 55 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast
Latest NVIDIA GeForce Graphics Drivers for Windows 8
Related Threads
Hi, Need Windows 8.1 Enterprise edition drivers for this VGA Card Link Amazon.com: NVIDIA Geforce FX5500 256 MB AGP 8x Video Graphics Card DVI/VGA/TVOUT: Computers & Accessories
Fresh install of Win 8.1 Pro, all patched and everything else is great but I cannot install the NVIDIA drivers or the GeForce Experience software for the GeForce GTX-760 video card. This is what I get... Can anyone help? Thanks!
hi, after year of wondering and not been able to install proper drivers for Windows 7 .. i was left with no choice. hopping over the every forum i spent lot of time..but finally found relief when i took desicion to deal with this on my own.. I have Hp Tx 2009Au tablet pc.with nvidia geforce...
Hello guys. I've been using Windows 8 (x64) since the beta releases and my dual monitor configuration has been working great until yesterday. However, I'm now unable to use any monitor while using the MS nvidia geforce 7600 gt driver. It's as if it's always recognizing the driver and it ends up...
So, i as using windows 8 Rtm. I had installed the windows 7 drivers for my Sony Vaio VGN-AR730e, which has an Nvidia GeForce 8400m Gt graphics card. Everything was fine for a few days, and then it shut off. When I turned it back on, the opening splash screen before windows (i'm aware bios isn't...
Hello, I like Windows 8, and my experience has been good so far. Yesterday I've installed Windows 8 and it had been hanging at 'Installing Drivers... 10%'. So I slammed my GeForce 8600 in my PC, and surprisingly it worked. However, I need my GeForce 6600 because another OS needs it...
Eight Forums Android App Eight Forums IOS App Follow us on Facebook