Windows 8 and 8.1 Forums


Decent graphics for win 8

  1. #1

    Decent graphics for win 8


    Just got a good deal on PC (lenovo K410) - But they only had the option with on boards graphics - it has PCI-E slots though.

    Can anyone recommend a card that works with win 8 - not a gamer - just want a nice sharp picture ...only looking to spend about 30 uk....

      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  2. #2


    India
    Posts : 1,034
    Windows 7 x64/ Windows 8.1 x64


    Hi Kingrollo,

    If you are just looking for basic cards, then there are many option. But, if you are looking for a card that can give you better picture quality. If you could manage to increase your budget a "little" then you could get the "ASUS AMD Radeon HD 6670 1GB GDDR5 " Asus AMD Radeon HD 6670 Graphics Card (1GB, PCI-Express, GDDR5, Dust-proof Fan): Amazon.co.uk: Computers & Accessories
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  3. #3


    Quote Originally Posted by archer View Post
    Hi Kingrollo,

    If you are just looking for basic cards, then there are many option. But, if you are looking for a card that can give you better picture quality. If you could manage to increase your budget a "little" then you could get the "ASUS AMD Radeon HD 6670 1GB GDDR5 " Asus AMD Radeon HD 6670 Graphics Card (1GB, PCI-Express, GDDR5, Dust-proof Fan): Amazon.co.uk: Computers & Accessories
    Thanks the K410 - only has a 280w power supply - which I thought would limit my options.... ? do you know the requirements of the card above ?
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  4. #4


    India
    Posts : 1,034
    Windows 7 x64/ Windows 8.1 x64


    According to AMD site it states it require 400W. AMD Radeon? HD 6670 Graphics

    I will suggest this one as well. ATI Radeon? HD 5450 Graphics
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  5. #5


    Quote Originally Posted by archer View Post
    According to AMD site it states it require 400W. AMD Radeon? HD 6670 Graphics

    I will suggest this one as well. ATI Radeon? HD 5450 Graphics
    As you say - they both require 400w PSU - which I don't have.....do anyone know of any graphics cards that run on low power???
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  6. #6


    Sydney, Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts : 6,490
    Windows 10 Education 64 Bit


    You may find that what you find that will run on that power restriction likely won't be much better than the onboard graphics. Keep in mind that some of that 280 Watts is being used by your motherboard and processor. It might be advantageous to upgrade the power supply first, it that's possible.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  7. #7


    United States
    Posts : 3,093
    Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit


    Quote Originally Posted by kingrollo View Post
    Just got a good deal on PC (lenovo K410) - But they only had the option with on boards graphics - it has PCI-E slots though.

    Can anyone recommend a card that works with win 8 - not a gamer - just want a nice sharp picture ...only looking to spend about 30 uk....
    The integrated HD 4000 graphics should be pretty decent by itself. Are you having trouble with it?
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  8. #8


    Quote Originally Posted by popeye View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by kingrollo View Post
    Just got a good deal on PC (lenovo K410) - But they only had the option with on boards graphics - it has PCI-E slots though.

    Can anyone recommend a card that works with win 8 - not a gamer - just want a nice sharp picture ...only looking to spend about 30 uk....
    The integrated HD 4000 graphics should be pretty decent by itself. Are you having trouble with it?
    I have quite a decent monitor - but the output on the lenovo is only VGA - I wanted one with HDMI or DVI - I got the computer for just over 200 - and the plan was to upgrade the graphics (the computer hasn't arrived yet)

    Would this one do the trick....

    http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B...pf_rd_i=468294
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  9. #9


    Not a very powerful card, try to find a AMD HD 7770, it does not use too much power, it worked on my computer with a Chieftek PSU of 400w and the rest of the system uses a lot of power.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  10. #10


    hmmmm
    Got the computer and the graphics through VGA are very very poor - like when you have the wrong drivers installed - the black text is green - tried updating the drivers still the same........any ideas before I send it back ????
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Decent graphics for win 8
Related Threads
Choosing decent INTERNAL HDD in Drivers & Hardware
Hi there Just a note to people choosing large HDD's these days -- (OK I know SSD's are IN - but I'm thinking HDD for Media / shared files etc etc). Apart from the capacity (and I'm considering > 2TB HDD's - things like 3,4,5 or even 6 TB). The CHEAPEST one's are NOT the best value --...
Trying to find something easy that both myself and my mother (70) can understand regarding photo/document storage. I currently use Mozy to backup/store my photos and documents and my mom uses dell datasafe. Obviously if we're both just using these as a picture/document backup it would be much...
horrible performance, decent specs. in Performance & Maintenance
Right guys, so i'm using a fairly old P.C. I understand my P.C is not going to be lighting fast, but it should be somewhat usable right? Incorrect. My specs are: AMD ATHLONG 64 x2 5000+ 2.60ghz 1gb nvidia 9500gt 2gb ram some nvidia board, pretty old not high resolution screen, 1280x1024....
Avatar AMD FX-Series 16GB DDR3 1TB HDD Capacity Desktop PC Windows 8 64-Bit Gaming FX6164 - Newegg.com
Hi there I think this is rather encouraging considering where Ms started from. Microsoft and BlackBerry Fighting for 3rd Place in Mobile (BBRY, MSFT) Cheers jimbo
So I currently have an NVIDIA GeForce 9500 GT graphics card, it it works pretty well for the games I play. However, Sonic Generations (a game I purchased through a Steam game sale), runs slowly and gets anywhere from 18-11 frames per second. Even on it's lowest quality settings and lowest...
I'm right now perusing the Windows Store, and it so far, it seems like roughly 7-10 apps are uploaded per day. Pretty good I'd say. A new development I've noticed is that there are more Desktop apps, which isn't anything new, but what is new is that they're treated like the metro apps where...
Eight Forums Android App Eight Forums IOS App Follow us on Facebook