Windows 8 and 8.1 Forums


What is the best VGA for a web developer? Nvidia 610,620..

  1. #1

    What is the best GPU for a web developer? Nvidia 610,620..


    Im a web developer. Currently, I have no separate GPU. Im using the i3's Intel HD 2000 Graphics. Its not good. I don't think its getting the colors right for me. I have troubles with unclear text and all. Its not a problem with my monitor (One is HDMI and the other is normal (analogue)). When I plug it into my laptop, things become very clear (It have Intel 4000 HD (i7 3rd gen) and Nvidia 610m).


    So, I need a GPU for my desktop and its very hard to choose. There are 4 choices in the local market :


    EVGA Nvidia GT 610
    EVGA Nvidia GT 620
    EVGA Nvidia GT 630
    EVGA Nvidia GT 640


    I also don't want to spend much. But what will be the best choice for a web developer who occasionally use photoshop and need clear images with better colors? Do I have to go all the way upto 640 or can I do with 610 or 620? One important thing... Im not playing games
    Last edited by THpubs; 26 Oct 2013 at 23:56.

      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  2. #2


    VGA is a type of connection...what you mean to say is a GPU (Graphics Processing Unit).

    We need more information on what other hardware components you have. If you could fill out your system specs as best as you can with as much detail as you can. That being said, it depends on what size your PSU is in wattage. The brand you've chosen is a highly recommended.

    This link should help you......I would start looking at the 650's.
    EVGA | Products | Graphics - GeForce 600 Series Family
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  3. #3


    Quote Originally Posted by bassfisher6522 View Post
    VGA is a type of connection...what you mean to say is a GPU (Graphics Processing Unit).

    We need more information on what other hardware components you have. If you could fill out your system specs as best as you can with as much detail as you can. That being said, it depends on what size your PSU is in wattage. The brand you've chosen is a highly recommended.

    This link should help you......I would start looking at the 650's.
    EVGA | Products | Graphics - GeForce 600 Series Family
    Actually GPUs are not that cheap in here

    Here are my system specs :

    PSU : Cooler Master Thunder 450W
    Motherboard : Asus P8B75-M
    Ram : 8GB
    CPU : i3-2100 (The only old thing I have)
    Hard : 1TB Seagate, Barracuda (7200 RPM)
    Monitor : (Two monitors) 1) LED 23 inch Samsung S23B370, 2) LED 19 inch Samsung SA100
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  4. #4


    Manchester
    Posts : 47
    Windows 8.1 64 Bit


    If budget is your issue I would go for AMD's 7800 range, cheap and more bang for your buck.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  5. #5


    Quote Originally Posted by Simba View Post
    If budget is your issue I would go for AMD's 7800 range, cheap and more bang for your buck.

    Its really hard to find ATI on our local market
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  6. #6


    Ok then I'll go for a small GPU. But what is the best to beat Intel HD 2000 ? Nvidia 610 (2GB), 620 (1gb) or 630 (1gb)? (Those are the available options in the market)
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  7. #7


    When you refer to your market, are you meaning to physically go buy one. Why not just order online? If you don't mind me asking, what part of the world do you live in.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  8. #8


    Quote Originally Posted by bassfisher6522 View Post
    When you refer to your market, are you meaning to physically go buy one. Why not just order online? If you don't mind me asking, what part of the world do you live in.

    Im in Sri Lanka. If I order online, the shipping charges will be a lot higher and there won't be any warranty here
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  9. #9


    I see....then, with what limited choices you have, I'd go for the 640.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  10. #10


    Quote Originally Posted by bassfisher6522 View Post
    I see....then, with what limited choices you have, I'd go for the 640.
    Thanks for the help I might go for the 630 one because in here things are too expensive.. Not easy to get a good 640
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

What is the best VGA for a web developer? Nvidia 610,620..
Related Threads
Developer apps in Software and Apps
Hi, I'm trying to install developer apps for the metro (8 preview, MetroRSS). I followed all the steps - got my licesne through the powershell. I run the deployment (right click -> run with powershell) but I don't see the app in my metro UI... I've also tried installing the skype dev app and...
I noticed that to write a Metro-style app in Microsoft's development kit I have to get a developer license. It was free, but when it expired after 1 month, the apps I had written were disabled -- even on my own computer. That seems a little disturbing to me. With this arrangement, Microsoft has...
Dear forum readers, I have a problem when trying to install: Windows 8 Developer Preview with developer tools English, 64-bit (x64) When using the DVD tool from Microsoft as explained in one of the tutorials in this forum, I receive the following error message: The disc does not have...
Hi, I need to know if someone with Athlon XP or Sempron CPU has also problems with Windows Developer Preview. Every time I run Services or EventViewer...etc the application crashes with the culprit being d3d10warp.dll. I tested it in 3 PCs with different video cards and now I suspect is the...
Note the Windows 7 RSS feed at top right.... 1610
Eight Forums Android App Eight Forums IOS App Follow us on Facebook