Windows 8 and 8.1 Forums


Upgrade to Win8 running fine, except pictures are grainy

  1. #1


    Posts : 9
    Windows 8 Pro 32-Bit

    Upgrade to Win8 running fine, except pictures are grainy


    Hi All,

    I've recently upgraded my Dell Vostro 400 to Win8. Solid colors are fine, but most photos have "static" in them. The location of the static can change, and some of the picture can be fine.
    Currently running a nvidia geforce 8600 gt card, Intel core 2 quad, foxconn dg33m03 motherboard.
    Below is an example:
    Untitled.png

    Any help would be greatly appreciated. Please let me know if you need more info.

      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  2. #2


    With the upgrade did you install the latest GPU driver for it......

    Drivers | GeForce
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  3. #3


    Posts : 9
    Windows 8 Pro 32-Bit


    Quote Originally Posted by bassfisher6522 View Post
    With the upgrade did you install the latest GPU driver for it......

    Drivers | GeForce
    Thank you for the response. Unfortunately, yes, I have that driver installed.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  4. #4


    The last time I saw artifacts similar to those, it was because my graphics card had a hardware fault. I spent a fair amount of time checking the drivers and the operating system before I had the card repaired (probably replaced with a refurb). That fixed it.

    You may have a driver or OS issue, but don't count on that.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  5. #5


    Posts : 5,360
    7/8/ubuntu/Linux Deepin


    I had similar - ended up replacing the graphics card.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  6. #6


    Posts : 9
    Windows 8 Pro 32-Bit


    Thank you both for the response.
    I replaced the card with a geforce GT 610. I am still having the same issues with the pictures.
    Any other suggestions? I'm at the breaking point and willing to try anything.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  7. #7


    Quote Originally Posted by adman View Post
    Thank you both for the response.
    I replaced the card with a geforce GT 610. I am still having the same issues with the pictures.
    Any other suggestions? I'm at the breaking point and willing to try anything.
    Not the graphics card, then.

    Does anything interesting happen with Furmark?

    FurMark 1.10.6 Released - 3D Tech News and Pixel Hacking - Geeks3D.com

    (You'll have to hunt a bit to find the real download link. It's freeware, but they have a number of confusing sponsored links.)

    I don't have much to suggest. Feel up to a Windows 8 refresh, or a clean install? I hope that your motherboard is OK.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  8. #8


    Posts : 9
    Windows 8 Pro 32-Bit


    Quote Originally Posted by bobkn View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by adman View Post
    Thank you both for the response.
    I replaced the card with a geforce GT 610. I am still having the same issues with the pictures.
    Any other suggestions? I'm at the breaking point and willing to try anything.
    Not the graphics card, then.

    Does anything interesting happen with Furmark?

    FurMark 1.10.6 Released - 3D Tech News and Pixel Hacking - Geeks3D.com

    (You'll have to hunt a bit to find the real download link. It's freeware, but they have a number of confusing sponsored links.)

    I don't have much to suggest. Feel up to a Windows 8 refresh, or a clean install? I hope that your motherboard is OK.
    Nothing interesting, I'm thinking the card is not the issue. Currently, the mobo and chipset, do not have windows 8 drivers. One of them could be the issue. I've yet to find a workaround.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  9. #9


    I'm not sure, but I think that the latest Intel chipset utility supports your G33 chipset.

    https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Det...adType=Drivers
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  10. #10


    Posts : 65
    Viewing through Windows 7, me like-a-discuss 8 though


    Download this: Driver Fusion - The Complete Driver Solution

    and also download latest copy of NVIDIA driver from their site.

    Run Driver Fusion to remove all NVIDIA Display entries. Safe mode is best, but not necessary.

    Reboot then run NVIDIA driver installer.


    That picture you show almost always means bad capacitors on the video card, but since you've said you tried a new one, hopefully the steps I outlined will fix it.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Upgrade to Win8 running fine, except pictures are grainy
Related Threads
Helo, this is my first thread so im not good in explaning stuff... I was on my computer operating normaly the last few days... i shut my laptop down normaly... but the next day when i turned on my pc and tried to login it says "incorrect password..etc....." i even tried to change my password at...
Solved running win8 as a vm in Virtualization
Hi all, I am new here so please forgive me if this is in the wrong section. I recently purchased a hp envy 15 which came preinstalled win8.1 home, but due to time constraints and (work) certification of our software, found it necessary to "re" install win7 pro from an image I had created form my...
My laptop crashing with grainy display in BSOD Crashes and Debugging
My dell inspiron n5010 running on Windows 8, today all of a sudden started showing some grains on the display.Soon after it happened, it showed me a message which says "Your PC ran into a problem and needs to restarts. were just collecting some error info, and then well restart for you (100%...
Just got a new ASUS pc for my mom, with Win 8.1 ( it came with 8.0 and I did the free upgrade to 8.1) I want to do the normal preparation so I can more easily recover from a hard disk failure or system corruption without having a heart attack, but its getting more and more difficult asL -...
I upgraded two computers from win8 retail to win 81. One totally failed and had to removed the hard drive and put it in my working computer, to roll it back to win 8.0. It would not boot at all not even to bios after that fiasco. The other computer went just fine. The MSI P7N motherboard with...
Is it possible to upgrade from Win8 32bit to Win8 x64bit or trick the PC into thinking its x64bit so I can install x64bit programs
Eight Forums Android App Eight Forums IOS App Follow us on Facebook