Windows 8 and 8.1 Forums

windows 8.1/10

  1. #1

    windows 8.1/10


    hi, just need to ask if i got windows 10 on my windows 8.1 it will go over my ios 8
    so will it slow my laptop down in any way shape or form ?

      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  2. #2


    Central IL
    Posts : 3,468
    Linux Mint 17.2


    iOS 8 is for iPads and iPhones.

    Yes if you upgrade to 10. It will wipe out 8.1. Just like all of the other times we have done windows Upgrades.

    As for slowing down. Doubtful, since 10 uses better memory management. I ran it as a test on a Intel Core2 Duo with no issues.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  3. #3


    Quote Originally Posted by broe23 View Post
    iOS 8 is for iPads and iPhones.

    Yes if you upgrade to 10. It will wipe out 8.1. Just like all of the other times we have done windows Upgrades.

    As for slowing down. Doubtful, since 10 uses better memory management. I ran it as a test on a Intel Core2 Duo with no issues.
    iOS isn't just for iPad's and iPhones. Don't forget those iPod Touches!

    And ANY iOS is for Apple devices ONLY.

    Windows 8.1 doesn't get wiped out of the hard drive... It gets saved as Windows.old in the drive just in case if the user would like to roll back to Windows 8.1.

    (You can only roll back to Windows 8.1 before 30 days have passed since the original upgrade date.)

    And yes, Windows 10 is supposed to be faster than Windows 8.1 AND Windows 7. Since it uses DirectX12. Instead of the Windows 8.1 DirectX11.

    You keep all of your data (Folders, installed programs, etc) forever. (Except for Windows 8.1 which only lasts up to 30 days and you don't keep the files you delete forever. Unless you have a permanent deleter/recovery tool to delete/get back files that have been "deleted")
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  4. #4


    Posts : 44
    Windows 8.1


    You keep all of your data (Folders, installed programs, etc) forever. (Except for Windows 8.1 which only lasts up to 30 days and you don't keep the files you delete forever. Unless you have a permanent deleter/recovery tool to delete/get back files that have been "deleted")

    Forever? You mean after we delete them they stay in Recycle bin forever or that there is no permanent delete?
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  5. #5



    BSOD Kernel Dump Analyst
    Posts : 2,274
    Windows 10 Pro


    What he means is you won't loose your data when upgrading.

    It does stay on your pc forever until you decide to delete it, or until your hard drive gets damaged.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  6. #6


    Posts : 44
    Windows 8.1


    Quote Originally Posted by axe0 View Post
    What he means is you won't loose your data when upgrading.

    It does stay on your pc forever until you decide to delete it, or until your hard drive gets damaged.
    Oh alright. Thanks!
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  7. #7


    It does stay on your pc forever until you decide to delete it, or until your hard drive gets damaged.
    I don't believe that is the case, at least, with the stuff stored in Windows.old -- because if it was, MS wouldn't be stressing the 30-day limit for rollback.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  8. #8


    No it means that you have 30 days to roll back to Windows 8.1 for free until you have to pay for a new license to go back.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  9. #9


    Quote Originally Posted by davidross View Post
    hi, just need to ask if i got windows 10 on my windows 8.1 it will go over my ios 8
    so will it slow my laptop down in any way shape or form ?
    Win 10 does seem a bit slow to me, could be because i found no drivers for my laptop which rendered my laptop useless (can't play DB14 anymore
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

windows 8.1/10
Eight Forums Android App Eight Forums IOS App Follow us on Facebook