Windows 8 and 8.1 Forums


Windows 8 has stopped running yet Laptop is still working

  1. #31


    N.Y.
    Posts : 2,214
    Windows 10 Pro 64bit


    No, not always all system different, can take time. If get error message or can not fix, like still see cbs log.

      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  2. #32


    Posts : 19
    Asus ROG G750JW


    Quote Originally Posted by jds63 View Post
    No, not always all system different, can take time. If get error message or can not fix, like still see cbs log.
    Ahh now it finished, it says whatever was corrupted was repaired. Now do you want to see the logs, and if yes, how do most easily get them to you?
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  3. #33


    N.Y.
    Posts : 2,214
    Windows 10 Pro 64bit


    Quote Originally Posted by LSM View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jds63 View Post
    No, not always all system different, can take time. If get error message or can not fix, like still see cbs log.
    Ahh now it finished, it says whatever was corrupted was repaired. Now do you want to see the logs, and if yes, how do most easily get them to you?
    Did you reboot, how is laptop ? Said SFC told you found corrupt files and was unable to fix check the cbs lob ?
    Run sfc again to see after reboot.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  4. #34


    Posts : 19
    Asus ROG G750JW


    Quote Originally Posted by jds63 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by LSM View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jds63 View Post
    No, not always all system different, can take time. If get error message or can not fix, like still see cbs log.
    Ahh now it finished, it says whatever was corrupted was repaired. Now do you want to see the logs, and if yes, how do most easily get them to you?
    Did you reboot, how is laptop ? Said SFC told you found corrupt files and was unable to fix check the cbs lob ?
    Run sfc again to see after reboot.
    Done, ran SFC again and it said there were no corrupt files
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  5. #35


    N.Y.
    Posts : 2,214
    Windows 10 Pro 64bit


    Quote Originally Posted by LSM View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jds63 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by LSM View Post
    Ahh now it finished, it says whatever was corrupted was repaired. Now do you want to see the logs, and if yes, how do most easily get them to you?
    Did you reboot, how is laptop ? Said SFC told you found corrupt files and was unable to fix check the cbs lob ?
    Run sfc again to see after reboot.
    Done, ran SFC again and it said there were no corrupt files
    Good what i wanted to know and see, seems between both commands it fixed system files. This from beginning was reasons i wanted to try to get you to a command prompt before deciding to do a refresh or reset of Windows 8.1. No need to see cbs log then.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  6. #36


    N.Y.
    Posts : 2,214
    Windows 10 Pro 64bit


    Let's see how laptop reacts over period of time, could of been caused by corrupt system files, time will tell.

    Nice Laptop, ASUS is good, case need drivers or other updates here ASUS ROG G750JW | ROG - Republic Of Gamers | ASUS Global
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  7. #37


    Posts : 19
    Asus ROG G750JW


    Quote Originally Posted by jds63 View Post
    Let's see how laptop reacts over period of time, could of been caused by corrupt system files, time will tell.

    Nice Laptop, ASUS is good, case need drivers or other updates here ASUS ROG G750JW | ROG - Republic Of Gamers | ASUS Global
    Thanks again. I updated my Asus driver as well, and my Asus seems to be running fast since the Windows went ballistic... maybe that afternoon of headache was worth it in the end
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  8. #38


    N.Y.
    Posts : 2,214
    Windows 10 Pro 64bit


    Quote Originally Posted by LSM View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jds63 View Post
    Let's see how laptop reacts over period of time, could of been caused by corrupt system files, time will tell.

    Nice Laptop, ASUS is good, case need drivers or other updates here ASUS ROG G750JW | ROG - Republic Of Gamers | ASUS Global
    Thanks again. I updated my Asus driver as well, and my Asus seems to be running fast since the Windows went ballistic... maybe that afternoon of headache was worth it in the end
    Your Welcome !! Why and are you still running Windows 8 not Windows 8.1, if so should update soon. Make a manual restore point now.
    Monitor it for a few days, keep this unsolved in case it happens again.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  9. #39


    Posts : 6
    Windows 8.1 / 8.1 Pro


    go to task manager File>Run new task and then type explorer, That should work, does for me when that happens
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  10. #40


    Posts : 19
    Asus ROG G750JW


    Quote Originally Posted by jds63 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by LSM View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jds63 View Post
    Let's see how laptop reacts over period of time, could of been caused by corrupt system files, time will tell.

    Nice Laptop, ASUS is good, case need drivers or other updates here ASUS ROG G750JW | ROG - Republic Of Gamers | ASUS Global
    Thanks again. I updated my Asus driver as well, and my Asus seems to be running fast since the Windows went ballistic... maybe that afternoon of headache was worth it in the end
    Your Welcome !! Why and are you still running Windows 8 not Windows 8.1, if so should update soon. Make a manual restore point now.
    Monitor it for a few days, keep this unsolved in case it happens again.
    Honestly I have no idea if I am using windows 8 or 8.1... how do I check?
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Windows 8 has stopped running yet Laptop is still working
Related Threads
get that several times a day. mainly from tvguide.com which is the one web site that I keep on all day, every day, and is the #1 reason I have a PC. with checking email every 60-90 minutes, research once or twice per day on average, and on line shopping once every 8 weeks or so. but it's the...
Recently i updated my laptop and when it was finished updating the keyboard no longer worked. Before the update it worked fine and i had no problems. I restarted it several times and restored it but still nothing. Now im stuck using the on screen keyboard which is a pain. I also went to try and fix...
Hi Guys, I am a member of the sevenforums and currently have a win8 laptop so thought I'd sign up here (seems to be the same people behind both forums). I'm having a little trouble and would really appreciate some feedback. My Lenovo ideapad z500 had 2 keys (K and I) that stopped working...
I have windows 8 pro in my desktop.When i started to run nfs mw 1 it opened but while loading for gameplay it stops working and windows says that there is a problem to work the program properly,so i will have to close it.I have tried for all compability mode but its sltill does not work.Please help...
Hi, I have a Windows 8.1 Lenovo notebook and a Toshiba Satellite Windows 7 laptop, and a mouse, lol. Well, the mouse has been working fine for 4 months, but suddenly, the mouse has stopped working in my Toshiba laptop. As I didn't know how to fix it, and as Toshiba laptop was full of crap, I've...
Windows 8 pro has stopped running smoothly in Performance & Maintenance
Windows 8 pro has stopped running smoothly. I don't know what did it 100% but i think it was some application that is supposed to update your drivers for you - yeah i know what a bad thing to do!Anyway now it seems the internet wont connect and when booting into the desktop everything takes ages to...
Hi, I recently bought a Samsung ATIV Book 8, and the screen just stopped working. HDMI out works fine. How can I fix this? I have read to remove my battery, but I cannot do that on my laptop. Should I reinstall my graphics card driver? I wasn't sure exactly what forum this belonged in, thanks!
Eight Forums Android App Eight Forums IOS App Follow us on Facebook