Windows 8 and 8.1 Forums


pc empty cant see any drives,sfc scan cant fix corrupt

  1. #1


    Posts : 4
    windows 8.1 x64

    Explorer says folder is empty ,cant see any drives


    Hello i have a problem i use sfc scan but it wont help me fix the problem i dont know what to do
    here is my cbs.log pls help me
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails dxd.jpg   empty.jpg  
    pc empty cant see any drives,sfc scan cant fix corrupt Attached Files
    Last edited by jmpatag1; 18 Jul 2015 at 20:48.

      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  2. #2


    Posts : 123
    Win8.1


    What do you get when you right click on "This PC" and select "Manage >Storage>Disk Management". Can you get to that?
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  3. #3


    Posts : 4
    windows 8.1 x64


    Quote Originally Posted by CountryBumkin View Post
    What do you get when you right click on "This PC" and select "Manage >Storage>Disk Management". Can you get to that?
    when i open it i see this
    Click image for larger version
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  4. #4


    Your partitions are ok, from the screenshot you showed, there is something making "My PC" take a long time to load.

    I'm not sure what is causing it to take so long to load, but nothing is missing as far as I can tell.

    Have you rebooted?
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  5. #5


    Posts : 4
    windows 8.1 x64


    Quote Originally Posted by hydranix View Post
    Your partitions are ok, from the screenshot you showed, there is something making "My PC" take a long time to load.

    I'm not sure what is causing it to take so long to load, but nothing is missing as far as I can tell.

    Have you rebooted?
    yes i tried rebooting my pc but it still the same
    i tried to scan my pc with sfc and this is the resultClick image for larger version
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  6. #6


    Harrisonburg, Va.
    Posts : 10,488
    Windows 8.1.1 Pro with Media Center


    Quote Originally Posted by jmpatag1 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by hydranix View Post
    Your partitions are ok, from the screenshot you showed, there is something making "My PC" take a long time to load.

    I'm not sure what is causing it to take so long to load, but nothing is missing as far as I can tell.

    Have you rebooted?
    yes i tried rebooting my pc but it still the same
    i tried to scan my pc with sfc and this is the resultClick image for larger version
    You have 2 false positives because of the json files.

    Click image for larger version

    Nothing to worry about.

    A quote from Microsoft on KB3022345

    This update contains the following files that are occasionally updated by the Diagnostic Tracking Service:
    • telemetry.ASM-WindowsDefault.json
    • utc.app.json

    The two files are marked as static files in the update. When an advanced user runs the System File Checker Tool (sfc.exe), the files are unintentionally flagged as corrupted. There is no impact or actual corruption on a device running this update, and a later service update will resolve this issue.
    You could run-

    Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

    in an admin cmd prompt & then run sfc /scannow.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  7. #7


    Posts : 4
    windows 8.1 x64


    Quote Originally Posted by David Bailey View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jmpatag1 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by hydranix View Post
    Your partitions are ok, from the screenshot you showed, there is something making "My PC" take a long time to load.

    I'm not sure what is causing it to take so long to load, but nothing is missing as far as I can tell.

    Have you rebooted?
    yes i tried rebooting my pc but it still the same
    i tried to scan my pc with sfc and this is the resultClick image for larger version
    You have 2 false positives because of the json files.

    Click image for larger version

    Nothing to worry about.

    A quote from Microsoft on KB3022345

    This update contains the following files that are occasionally updated by the Diagnostic Tracking Service:
    • telemetry.ASM-WindowsDefault.json
    • utc.app.json

    The two files are marked as static files in the update. When an advanced user runs the System File Checker Tool (sfc.exe), the files are unintentionally flagged as corrupted. There is no impact or actual corruption on a device running this update, and a later service update will resolve this issue.
    You could run-

    Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

    in an admin cmd prompt & then run sfc /scannow.
    Thanks it works.
    Click image for larger version
    but i still have a problem
    when opening this pc its empty i cant see any drives and all my files has no thumbnails and my startup programs is not starting up when i reboot my pc
    Click image for larger versionClick image for larger version
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  8. #8


    Harrisonburg, Va.
    Posts : 10,488
    Windows 8.1.1 Pro with Media Center


    but i still have a problem
    when opening this pc its empty i cant see any drives and all my files has no thumbnails and my startup programs is not starting up when i reboot my pc
    I don't know.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

pc empty cant see any drives,sfc scan cant fix corrupt
Related Threads
The past few days, I have been having problems with my disk going to 100% usage (with little or no read/write activity) and then eventually the entire system crashes. This morning I unplugged the drive and plugged it into a different SATA port, and so far things seem to have been running fine. ...
Solved Empty Drives in Explorer in Drivers & Hardware
I see a setting to Hide Empty Drives in the Explorer Navigation Pane. Is there a way to hide empty drives in the right pane?? James
Hi All Had issues with updating and eventually had to do sfc scan and it said it found and was unable to fix corrupt files, details included in the CBS.Log. On support.microsoft it advises that I replace the corrupt files manually bit I have no idea how to do this! Unfortunately I cannot post...
Yesterday I went to open up my desktop folder and it would crash after a couple of seconds. This happens all the time. If I open up any other folder like pictures, documents, video or music, they work fine. I ran Malwarebytes and Avast on the entire drive. Nothing was found. I also ran Avast just...
Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them... please check my log file and tell what is the Problem in my Windows 8.1 pro 32046
Solved Scan for new drives in Drivers & Hardware
If I plug in a drive (via a hub) and it does not appear in the drive list, is there a way to force a scan for new drives?
On opening the Task Scheduler I get a message " Task MP scheduled Scan. Task image is corrupt or has been tampered with ". I look in Library, Microsoft, Windows Defender and the Task MP Scheduler is not there. Real time protection appears to be working and I can do a manual scan through the...
Eight Forums Android App Eight Forums IOS App Follow us on Facebook