Windows 8 and 8.1 Forums


I'm going to challenge all you Win8 haters...

  1. #201


    Posts : 5,707
    Windows 8.1 Pro


    Quote Originally Posted by poppa bear View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Coke Robot View Post
    Really right now, I would have a little more hygiene to have that many screens of such. Even then, 30-40 screens of such would be able to view about 120-160 files, programs, apps, whatever. Trying fitting that in your 3X6 inch start menu...better yet, try finding all of that.
    That's what I thought ... limited to Tiddly Winks and Local News!

    Serious users actually have many programs, and how hard is it to find a letter in alphabetical order as opposed to ten bazillion tiles! But then it presupposes you're au fait with spelling and using an alphabetical index! Icons went out with the Incas. I bought a PC to get the maximum use out of it. Not to use it as an ornamental display cabinet of pretty pictures. But what the hell, it doesn't really matter what I say or think. Time will tell.

    Don't forget to bookmark my earlier post offering whatever odds you want on the outcome, so we can refer back to it after Jan 2013.

    Oh! And who the heck uses gadgets! I use my PC to work on. And all my apps are third party bar IE9, WLMail and WinMediaPlayer, which often won't play stuff and I have to use VideoLan VLC MP. My ISP has more stuff on it's home page than all the MS stuff put together.

    Quote Originally Posted by Coke Robot View Post
    I think it's funny when some "power" users always go to Excel data inputting with Windows 8 and somehow it's an impediment. Umm....I do that at least weekly, I open up Excel, if it's a new month, I generally will compare multiple spreadsheets and I easily access all that with the Start Screen.

    Not only that, I do quite a bit of dragging and dropping, (more like cut and paste) of files everyday, and even more every month. I use the Start Screen for that and the Ribbon.

    I usually will have a few programs open at any given time, and I can go to ANY of those programs with the Start Screen real easy. Even if I have metro apps open, I can click on that app and drag it down. Real easy.
    If you're doing all of that through the Metro Start screen, IMHO you're either a masochist who enjoys doing things the hard way, or you're living in fantasy land ... no offence intended ... just caling it as I see it!
    My tiddly winks and local news aren't just what I have, I have a lot of tiddly winks and programs (once it even got 100 gigs of tiddly winks and programs) that I have and sometimes use. I just happen to be able to find said tiddly winks faster and easier...

    I've already added it to my Calendar for January 31st, not only will I be notified a day in advance from my Calendar app, but through Outlook and Hotmail and my Windows Phone. I would like to wager a digital 10 cent bet about how Windows 8 will do, if you're up to that.

    Who uses gadgets? Wow, I remember this debate a LONG time ago with the Developer Preview. From what I gathered from that, EVERY SERIOUS POWER USER DOES! I know, shocking. I think I know of those home pages that have everything on them, they're so cluttered and I think it's somewhat superfluous. But oh well....

      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  2. #202


    Perth West Australia
    Posts : 128
    1st PC: Win7 Ultimate 64bit Retail. 2nd PC: Vista Ulimtate 32bit OEM


    Quote Originally Posted by Coke Robot View Post
    I've already added it to my Calendar for January 31st
    That proves you're a masochist! You enjoy defeat!
    How hot would you like the oven for the humble pie you'll have to eat come January!

    I imagine in your personal folders filled with 2 or 3 thousand files, you have 'icon' view ticked and not 'list' view, because it can be very difficult for example to find a program like Revo Uninstaller under the letter 'R' by tapping 'R' on your keyboard.

    Anyway, they say if you argue with a fool, in the end you become a fool! So why am I still responding! Guess I've become the fool!
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  3. #203


    Posts : 5,707
    Windows 8.1 Pro


    Quote Originally Posted by poppa bear View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Coke Robot View Post
    I've already added it to my Calendar for January 31st
    That proves you're a masochist! You enjoy defeat!
    How hot would you like the oven for the humble pie you'll have to eat come January!

    I imagine in your personal folders filled with 2 or 3 thousand files, you have 'icon' view ticked and not 'list' view, because it can be very difficult for example to find a program like Revo Uninstaller under the letter 'R' by tapping 'R' on your keyboard.

    Anyway, they say if you argue with a fool, in the end you become a fool! So why am I still responding! Guess I've become the fool!
    I only choose to be serious when I debate. Oh well....

    Speaking of such, I do use icon view because it shows more folders than details view in the given screen estate. And I do actually use that keyboard shortcut.........

    And this is true, I must have become a fool myself....
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  4. #204


    Perth West Australia
    Posts : 128
    1st PC: Win7 Ultimate 64bit Retail. 2nd PC: Vista Ulimtate 32bit OEM


    Error
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  5. #205


    Perth West Australia
    Posts : 128
    1st PC: Win7 Ultimate 64bit Retail. 2nd PC: Vista Ulimtate 32bit OEM


    Quote Originally Posted by Coke Robot View Post
    I do use icon view because it shows more folders than details view in the given screen estate. And I do actually use that keyboard shortcut.........
    You're embarassing yourself. Who said anything about details view? I quoted list view, and I'll add that all details in column are unticked. And that gives you the maximum number of files per page.

    Did you forget your reading glasses or do you have trouble with words as well as the alphabet? OMG I hope you have an icon dictionary at home and not a hard copy text one?

    Quote Originally Posted by Coke Robot View Post
    And this is true, I must have become a fool myself....
    Sorry old son, no second prize. If you're going to tee off on someone else's material make it witty or at least original.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  6. #206


    Posts : 5,707
    Windows 8.1 Pro


    Quote Originally Posted by poppa bear View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Coke Robot View Post
    I do use icon view because it shows more folders than details view in the given screen estate. And I do actually use that keyboard shortcut.........
    You're embarassing yourself. Who said anything about details view? I quoted list view, and I'll add that all details in column are unticked. And that gives you the maximum number of files per page.

    Did you forget your reading glasses or do you have trouble with words as well as the alphabet? OMG I hope you have an icon dictionary at home and not a hard copy text one?

    Quote Originally Posted by Coke Robot View Post
    And this is true, I must have become a fool myself....
    Sorry old son, no second prize. If you're going to tee off on someone else's material make it witty or at least original.
    Wow.......

    I'm going to step away right now because I have better things to do than to discuss simpleton things like a silly little twerp...........
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  7. #207


    Perth West Australia
    Posts : 128
    1st PC: Win7 Ultimate 64bit Retail. 2nd PC: Vista Ulimtate 32bit OEM


    Quote Originally Posted by Coke Robot View Post
    Wow.......

    I'm going to step away right now because I have better things to do than to discuss simpleton things like a silly little twerp ...........
    Well you said it about yourself not me!

    Awww shucks, just when we were starting to have fun!

    Lets face it Coke Bottle, you can't step away or you won't be a true Win8 supporter. Anyway, I'm re-naming you Microsoft Robot, because they say jump and you say: "How high?" Just messin with ya!
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  8. #208


    Perth West Australia
    Posts : 128
    1st PC: Win7 Ultimate 64bit Retail. 2nd PC: Vista Ulimtate 32bit OEM

    Delusions


    Delusion is defined in psychiatric terms as: ďA belief held in the face of evidence to the contrary, that is resistant to all reason.Ē

    It is noticeable that groups and institutions which fanatically demand the right of free speech to propagate their beliefs, deny that very right to anyone who dares to disagree with them on any given issue. And vehemently and savagely attack and abuse those who do so.

    This thread invited people to disagree with the authorís pro Win8 point of view by challenging those who hated Windows 8. Yet, every single argument put up against Win8 is vehemently debunked, and no ground is conceded. However, since experience shows that no system is perfect, defence of assumed perfection of any system is delusional.

    And that, IMHO, exactly summarizes the attitude of many fanatical Win8 supporters who deem that any new system put out by Microsoft is: "A priori better than any previous system; and is whatís best for everyone." And god help anyone who dares to disagree. It also pretty much reflects the attitude of Microsoft in regard to Win8.

    And that is totally different to someone simply expressing a personal preference as distinct from demanding everyone agree they're right.

    I'm sure Win8 supporters would apply that same rationale to Win8 opponents. However, the point is, in this thread, they're the ones who invited the public at large to prove them wrong. Yet it seems that they are already committed in their own minds to what they see as an unassailable point of view, and will tolerate nothing to the contrary.

    The consumer market will be the ones who pass judgment on their beliefs come January 2013.

    And that's my last word on the subject ... I hope!
    Last edited by poppa bear; 13 Jun 2012 at 00:36.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  9. #209


    Sydney, Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts : 6,490
    Windows 10 Education 64 Bit


    OCw8D ?
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  10. #210


    UK
    Posts : 28
    7 Ultimate with a little bit of 8


    Agreed !
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 1119202122 LastLast
I'm going to challenge all you Win8 haters...
Related Threads
Microsoft on Windows 8 Haters: We Could See This Coming Maybe they think that money will cure there problems.
Windows 8 haters in Chillout Room
Windows 8... to me, it is the best os since xp. i have seen a TON of videos about "windows 8 sucks" and I disagree. There is a poll so you can vote. i had a bad experience with 7, because I bought a laptop with starter on it, so I could BARELY do anything.
Hi there To those who say Touch will never have a place on the traditional Desktop I suggest they look at some reviews of the just released GALAXY S4 phone where a lot of the touch screen movements can be done via EYE scrolling technology -- IMO this is a total BALL CHANGING GAME. The technology...
Read more at: NASA issues asteroid 'Grand Challenge' to all | Crave - CNET
Hi there This is just a note to people who think it's too much hassle to backup their systems. Just recently I needed to swap from a SAMSUNG 830 128 GB SSD to the newer 840 250 GB SSD on my laptop. Plugging the new SSD into a USB2 (not even USB 3) slot I restored a previous system image that...
Graphical challenge in Customization
It's a challenge for me to get the result I'd like anyway. Cut/ Paste doesn't always work. Hopefully someone with those skills could give my Mom a 'multi-colored' spike with some spikes leaning left & right. If you could help, I will appreciate it. Thank you 19337 Poster for "We don't quit...
Tried this method myself and it works : set the compatibility mode to windows95 and violah :D
Eight Forums Android App Eight Forums IOS App Follow us on Facebook