Windows 8 and 8.1 Forums


Can't create iTunes Store account

  1. #1


    Posts : 5
    windows 8.1

    Can't create iTunes Store account


    I'm trying to download some free apps from the iTunes Store and to do so I need to create an iTunes Store account (which I understand has to be done from within the iTunes site, not from my browser.) So I launched the iTunes Store app, found the free app I need, and when I clicked on it the screen to create an account came up. But then I got an error message saying Item Not Available, make sure your computer accepts iTunes Music Store cookies and that your computer shows the correct time. I went into the control panel and the firewall section and made sure that iTunes was allowed in. Both public and private are checked. But I still get the same error message when trying to create the iTunes Store account. By the way, the two apps I'm trying to acquire are Meerkat and Periscope. If anyone knows of a different and safe way to do so, I'd like to hear about it. Sorry to be so wordy. Thanks so much!

      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  2. #2


    Hi Mariusz,
    Seems like your browser is blocking cookies, which browser you are using?
    And don't forget to check the date and time if its true.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  3. #3


    Central IL
    Posts : 3,468
    Linux Mint 17.2


    Quote Originally Posted by midou35000 View Post
    Hi Mariusz,
    Seems like your browser is blocking cookies, which browser you are using?
    And don't forget to check the date and time if its true.
    The web browser has nothing to do with the OP issue.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  4. #4


    Central IL
    Posts : 3,468
    Linux Mint 17.2


    Quote Originally Posted by Mariusz View Post
    I'm trying to download some free apps from the iTunes Store and to do so I need to create an iTunes Store account (which I understand has to be done from within the iTunes site, not from my browser.) So I launched the iTunes Store app, found the free app I need, and when I clicked on it the screen to create an account came up. But then I got an error message saying Item Not Available, make sure your computer accepts iTunes Music Store cookies and that your computer shows the correct time. I went into the control panel and the firewall section and made sure that iTunes was allowed in. Both public and private are checked. But I still get the same error message when trying to create the iTunes Store account. By the way, the two apps I'm trying to acquire are Meerkat and Periscope. If anyone knows of a different and safe way to do so, I'd like to hear about it. Sorry to be so wordy. Thanks so much!
    Have you tried searching the Apple Support forums, to see if anyone else is having problems?

    Also, are you running iTunes from the desktop or from the Metro/Start screen? You also do not need iTunes to load apps on your iOS devices. You just need to create an iTunes/iCloud account under Settings on the device.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  5. #5


    Posts : 143
    Windows 8.1


    Make sure your computer is set to your local time and Daylight Savings Time in the drop down menu.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  6. #6


    Quote Originally Posted by broe23 View Post
    The web browser has nothing to do with the OP issue.
    Wait, oh sorry i thought he is doing it from the browser.
    Sorry :P
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

Can't create iTunes Store account
Related Threads
I have an online course where the audio/video files are in itune store, but everytime I click on the link, it said itmss protocol is not registered in Windows, so the only solution seems to download/install iTunes for Windows. I'm trying to use VLC for all my audio/video files, so if I can avoid...
How to Create, Change, or Remove a PIN for Your Account in Windows 8 and 8.1 This tutorial will show you how to create, change, or remove a 4 digit PIN for your user account to use to sign in and unlock Windows 8 with. You can use both the PIN and/or password. Domain users will not be able...
Solved Keeps Prompting to create Microsoft Account in User Accounts and Family Safety
When checking Windows Email it keeps prompting me to create a Microsoft Account, I don't want to create a Microsoft Account... I can hit next then cancel and get around it but it's extremely annoying to have to do that every time I check my email!! See screen shots if needed, thank you for your...
Can't open iTunes store in Software and Apps
Hi, I recently updated to a HP laptop with windows 8 and downloaded iTunes and transferred my music over which I can open and play, however when I try to go the iTunes store I get "iTunes has stopped working. A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program...
Solved How to create a Windows 8 Account? in User Accounts and Family Safety
So, I followed the instructions here. Can I Remove User Accounts in Windows 8? - Windows 8 - Tutorials This is pretty insane because all I had to do was enter an email address; no name, no password, nothing. Now, all I have is an email address, and of course no name and no password. So,...
Solved cannot create more than one user account in User Accounts and Family Safety
I have an HP Envy X2 running Windows 8 (not RT). When setting up the device, I created a user account for me which works fine. But I cannot create any other user accounts. When I "Add a user" the account appears to have been created and the username shows up as an option for logging in on the Start...
Hi, first,sorry for my bad english. I couldn't install my email account on thunderbird. Impossible to open files in windows.old, than impossible to install my email account and all emails... In Mail, is it impossible to install, email account from other than Microsoft or Google ? Thinks...
Eight Forums Android App Eight Forums IOS App Follow us on Facebook