Windows 8 and 8.1 Forums


Laptop experiencing weird freezes

  1. #31


    Posts : 17
    Windows 8.1


    Quote Originally Posted by gator2013 View Post
    NA, you don't have a temp problem. On the Core Temp window just above the Core Temps there is a Max Temp which is probably 100C although I can't imagine things getting that hot. Yes, You are in the High Performance Mode. It would be great if this is something you could repeat on demand that would just be lucky.
    My max temp is 67C. Also, right before the problem resurfaced, I opened two Youtube tabs.
    Seeing that this is somehow related to a problem with my memory, I wonder if me changing my system paging file has something to do with this.
    I apologize for not mentioning this before... I also reformatted my laptop because of the same problem. But I didn't change my system paging file size before I reformatted my drive.

      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  2. #32


    St. Augustine
    Posts : 388
    windows 8.1 64, LT -Windows 10 Home 64


    Quote Originally Posted by KFCMug View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by gator2013 View Post
    NA, you don't have a temp problem. On the Core Temp window just above the Core Temps there is a Max Temp which is probably 100C although I can't imagine things getting that hot. Yes, You are in the High Performance Mode. It would be great if this is something you could repeat on demand that would just be lucky.
    My max temp is 67C. Also, right before the problem resurfaced, I opened two Youtube tabs.
    Seeing that this is somehow related to a problem with my memory, I wonder if me changing my system paging file has something to do with this.
    I apologize for not mentioning this before... I also reformatted my laptop because of the same problem. But I didn't change my system paging file size before I reformatted my drive.
    Not sure what you mean by reformat. Did you reinstall?, Repartition the HDD,?

    Did you say the Core Temp window showed 67C for tj.Max? From everything I have read i5's should have a tj. Max of 100C. My desktop i5 has a tj. Max of 105C and my laptop i3 has a tj. Max of 100C. If you are running at 67C I think that is very low end of the red zone but still acceptable.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  3. #33


    Posts : 17
    Windows 8.1


    Quote Originally Posted by gator2013 View Post
    Not sure what you mean by reformat. Did you reinstall?, Repartition the HDD,?

    Did you say the Core Temp window showed 67C for tj.Max? From everything I have read i5's should have a tj. Max of 100C. My desktop i5 has a tj. Max of 105C and my laptop i3 has a tj. Max of 100C. If you are running at 67C I think that is very low end of the red zone but still acceptable.
    I apologize for being vague. I clean installed my OS, removing all of my files before (I've backed up the important files). Also the tj. Max is indeed 100C, and my laptop shows that the max temp it was running on is 67C.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  4. #34


    St. Augustine
    Posts : 388
    windows 8.1 64, LT -Windows 10 Home 64


    Quote Originally Posted by KFCMug View Post
    I apologize for being vague. I clean installed my OS, removing all of my files before (I've backed up the important files). Also the tj. Max is indeed 100C, and my laptop shows that the max temp it was running on is 67C.
    Did the clean install come from retail media, downloaded ISO? Was it 8 and you upgraded to 8.1 online or was it 8.1 and if so how recent.

    Did you say that this problem was there before the install?
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  5. #35


    Posts : 17
    Windows 8.1


    I didn't upgrade from 8 to 8.1. The clean install came from Windows 8.1 itself (No disk/ISO). I just clicked reformat then the laptop did everything else. I think I reformatted about 2 months ago.
    Yes, the problem was already here before I reformatted.
    Last edited by KFCMug; 09 Mar 2015 at 23:25.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  6. #36


    Posts : 17
    Windows 8.1


    Update: I've ran my laptop for hours and the problem didn't seem to arise. It might be because of me exhausting my memory out. For everyone, thanks for being with me, especially gator2013. Have a nice day. Marked solved.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  7. #37


    St. Augustine
    Posts : 388
    windows 8.1 64, LT -Windows 10 Home 64


    Quote Originally Posted by KFCMug View Post
    Update: I've ran my laptop for hours and the problem didn't seem to arise. It might be because of me exhausting my memory out. For everyone, thanks for being with me, especially gator2013. Have a nice day. Marked solved.
    Glad to help.

    I have searched around a little and came across numerous individuals that experienced the same issues that you have described and in almost every case the RAM memory usage was in excess of 90% and mostly in the mid 90's. At this point considering all the troubleshooting you have done, I think maxed out RAM memory is most likely the cause of your issues. If it is possible for you to add memory at a reasonable cost I would surely consider it. I don't have any experience with accessing the internals of a laptop as my current laptop is the first one I have owned. I have always been a desktop user and they are easy to take apart.

    Preventing low memory problems - Windows Help
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Laptop experiencing weird freezes
Related Threads
Hello for the past couple of weeks i've been experiencing mini-freezes/ stutters on my desktop while doing various task such as watching a youtube video, playing a game like a MOBA type and listening to music via itunes. Specifically speaking for about 1-2 seconds my pc will stutter in sound and...
My laptop freezes whenever I click something. in Performance & Maintenance
Whenever I click something, for some reason, my laptop will just freeze. However, I can move my mouse around. Also, this doesn't just happen for a few minutes, this goes on forever. I had it sitting for about an hour with no luck, and it was just frozen. How do I fix this? Does anybody know a...
This problem is happening on both our Dell laptops (both same model, same OS, just different programs now), more often on one than the other. There are a range of scenarios so I will try to give a general summary without being too confusing: On some occasions the freeze occurs immediately...
Ok, so I have Dell XPS 13 Ultrabook (L322X), and I've had it for a few months with no issues, and everything was perfect. In the past few days, however, I have been experiencing this weird problem where the window that I have open will randomly become un-selected (as if I clicked on another...
My friend received a new laptop running windows 8 (acer v5-471). When the 'w' key is pressed it brings up the search page With settings filter selected (e.g apps, settings, file filters) when shift + w is pressed it prints 'W'. All other keys work as expected, the keyboard layout is set...
Lately, while browsing, the computer start to freeze in this way: First the browser (any browser) gets stuck loading pages but it is responsive (I can change tabs, scroll, select text etc) The taskbar stops working at all and the mouse cursor changes to spinning circle when I hover on it. ...
Laptop Freezes After Lid is Opened in BSOD Crashes and Debugging
Hello All My Lenovo U310 Ultrabook does not function properly after being put into sleep mode. If I close the lid and open it again, it will work for 10 seconds and then it will crash, forcing me to restart my computer every time. I have tried to fix this in countless occasions, but I have...
Eight Forums Android App Eight Forums IOS App Follow us on Facebook