Windows 8 and 8.1 Forums


Help! How to remove "Convert Video" option?

  1. #1


    Posts : 14
    Windows 8.1

    Help! How to remove "Convert Video" option?


    Hello, I uninstalled Speedbit video downloader and converter from my system and restarted, but the "convert video" option on the right click menu is still there and its acting similar to the "open with" option and the "open with" option is also still there. Is there any way to remove the "convert video" option manually?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Untitled.png  

      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  2. #2


    Yellow Belly
    Posts : 178
    Windows 8.1 with Bing x64


    You might be able to disable it from view with ShellExView. Get the download link near the bottom of the page, Look for (just guessing)the name Speedbit in the first column and Context Menu in the third column and that's the one you need to disable by clicking the red button in the top left corner. It could possibly be another name in the first column and context menu in the third. In this image I'm disabling Defraggler context entry...you will Yes When you've done that, after confirming, in the second column. Close it down and reboot ...it should be gone. You can reverse any operations by reselecting the same choice then press the green button and reboot again. Sifting and trialling through the Context entries in the Type column should find you the right one if you don't get it right first time.

    Click image for larger version
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  3. #3


    Posts : 14
    Windows 8.1


    Quote Originally Posted by stringjunky View Post
    You might be able to disable it from view with ShellExView. Get the download link near the bottom of the page, Look for (just guessing)the name Speedbit in the first column and Context Menu in the third column and that's the one you need to disable by clicking the red button in the top left corner. It could possibly be another name in the first column and context menu in the third. In this image I'm disabling Defraggler context entry...you will Yes When you've done that, after confirming, in the second column. Close it down and reboot ...it should be gone. You can reverse any operations by reselecting the same choice then press the green button and reboot again. Sifting and trialling through the Context entries in the Type column should find you the right one if you don't get it right first time.

    Click image for larger version

    Sadly I am trying to guess what the name is as speedbit and nothing relevant to it can be found on the context entry. So I am pretty much hopeless here, can anyone give me a bit more info or hint?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 1.png   2.png  
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  4. #4


    Yellow Belly
    Posts : 178
    Windows 8.1 with Bing x64


    Are there any other entries with a pink line through them and Context Menu in it that's not in the picture? All the pink ones are related to non-Microsoft products.

    Have you got rid of everything that came with that program installation...a Google Search says it's a Browser Hijacker amongst other things?
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  5. #5


    Posts : 376
    W8.1, W7


    It may show up in ccleaner context menu. See attachment.

    Click image for larger version
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  6. #6


    Posts : 14
    Windows 8.1


    Quote Originally Posted by stringjunky View Post
    Are there any other entries with a pink line through them and Context Menu in it that's not in the picture? All the pink ones are related to non-Microsoft products.

    Have you got rid of everything that came with that program installation...a Google Search says it's a Browser Hijacker amongst other things?

    Nope I have shown all the entries it showed.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  7. #7


    Posts : 14
    Windows 8.1


    Quote Originally Posted by 4wd View Post
    It may show up in ccleaner context menu. See attachment.

    Click image for larger version

    Yeah!! I found it on the Ccleaner.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 1.png  
    Last edited by madshopkeeper; 14 Jan 2015 at 12:20.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  8. #8


    Posts : 14
    Windows 8.1


    Sorry for the late reply, but even after disabling it on the ccleaner the option did not disappear.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  9. #9


    Yellow Belly
    Posts : 178
    Windows 8.1 with Bing x64


    I replicated and solved your problem.

    Download Revo Uninstaller from Softpedia and install it.

    You then need to download Speedbit again; this Softpedia link will give you the least aggravation from 'extras', which some other download sites give you.

    Install Speedbit. Leave the first screen as it is and click Next. Uncheck items as shown here, then click Next:

    Click image for larger version

    Accept the terms on the next screen:

    Click image for larger version

    After installing, it will take you to its web page; discard it. If your PC or browsers ask if you want to enable anything just say No.

    Open Revo and let the program list populate. Select Speedbit and click Uninstall (top row). follow the prompts and wait until it says Speedbit has been uninstalled (that's the program's uninstaller notice). Click Next and Revo will search the Registry for leftover entries. Click Select All then Delete. Confirm, then click Finish. Exit Revo. Reboot.

    You can leave Revo at it's default search depth setting for this exercise.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  10. #10



    Trying to Sith things out
    Bamberg Germany
    Posts : 2,290
    Windows 10 Pro 64 bit


    Try going into RegEdit and use the Find and search for Speedbit and /or convert video and delete the keys. This has worked for me with left over icons and menu entries that I forgot to unpin before uninstalling. This way you won't have to install another program to get rid of the other.

    Attachment 56957
    Last edited by Cliff S; 24 Jan 2015 at 04:11. Reason: added screen capture
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Help! How to remove "Convert Video" option?
Related Threads
i installed a video converter sometime ago named "wondershare" video converter & I recently noticed in "internet options" under the "security" tab when i select "trusted sites", a website is listed that I have never entered & allowed. I remove the website and when i apply the changes then close the...
I recently installed Windows 8.1. I didn't like all the folders under Computer so I registry tweaked it to remove all the libraries folders. However, later on, I accidentally dragged the Downloads folder from Favorites onto the Computer tab and now there's a Download folder listed under Computer...
Hi I have Windows 8.1 Update Enterprise 64-bit. I noticed that, in the "Change Action Center settings" window, the "Startup Apps" option is disabled. How come? How do I enable it? What is the purpose of this option?Thanks Bye
Even though the tutorial on this forum says there should be a custom option, I don't seem to have it. 37375 Any thoughts on how can I bring it back? P.S. Does anyone know what that "winrt--{***}-" folder is?
Any registry entry to change this so it shows by default, so one doesn't have to click "Show more details" every single copy process? Best regards, Xelos
I just installed Windows 8 on my custom built pc. Im so far very impressed of the performance, and I like how the New style actually is. Even on a pc, and not just a tablet. But anyway; To the point: I was wondering if it is possible to convert the oldstyle systemtray Notifications to the New...
What's a quick and easy way to remove windows.old since Disk Cleanup seems to be missing the option to do so in Windows 8 Consumer Preview. Edit: I gave myself permissions via CMD which failed(Every file access denied, even in an admin CMD), so I tried one last time to run a Disk Cleanup and...
Eight Forums Android App Eight Forums IOS App Follow us on Facebook