Windows 8 and 8.1 Forums


New Laptop, Lenovo, Windows 8: Filled with Loads of Issues

  1. #1


    Posts : 25
    Microsoft Windows 8.1 64-bit

    New Laptop, Lenovo, Windows 8: Filled with Loads of Issues


    Hiya! I'm Plushieluver101, so I'm new here. I've just joined to ask a few questions about some pressing matters with regards to my new laptop and major issues with Windows 8 on there, and such.


    I had this laptop for Christmas (so only 3 days ago), which is a Lenovo laptop (I've been told its a very good make, so I'm sure it isn't to do with that), which has Windows 8 on. I have Windows 8.1 Well, ever since day one, I have been experiencing many faults with it. It's extremely slow and it's really buggy. Chrome takes ages to search for anything, and other issues with that. My internet drops out whenever it feels like it (the Connected sign then turns to Limited), Skype's extremely buggy. My laptop's really slow in general and it'll lag whenever it wants to. As it's a new laptop, I am certain there are no viruses on it (those would have been spotted by my antivirus), so I'm quite sure it's a fault with Windows 8, settings, maybe it hasn't been installed correctly, or something. Just, it has many issues. Not to mention, this headache-starting hissing sound that plays whenever any form of sound comes through, whether it be a Skype message, a YouTube video, system sounds. I still hear it. I've checked if it's my earphones. It isn't. I checked by using them on my old laptop, my iPhone and by trying a new pair. Nothing worked, so I'm assuming something's going on with the sound, or something.


    So, could I please have some help/advice? This is really annoying me. It's a brand new laptop with a shiny new operating system, which should be working absolutely fine. Why isn't it? Thanks for your time~

      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  2. #2


    Posts : 2,627
    win8.1.1 enterprise


    hello and welcome to eightforums ,lets start with filling in the specs of the laptop ,as much detail as you can ,even antivirus used and browser install ,thanks ,check link for instructions .
    System Spec - Fill In Your EightForums System Spec
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  3. #3


    Posts : 25
    Microsoft Windows 8.1 64-bit


    Okay, thank you! I will do so now! :)
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  4. #4


    Posts : 25
    Microsoft Windows 8.1 64-bit


    I didn't know a lot of the less-important information but I found the rest with the program that Seven Forums made. Hope that's enough information. If it's not, tell me how to find the rest (already Googled it. Didn't make any sense), and I'll find all of that other info out for you :)


    Sorry for the bump.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  5. #5


    Posts : 2,627
    win8.1.1 enterprise


    ok,just had a quick look ,and I don't use chrome browser much but when I do it seems ok ,so I will think that its not an issue ,I use IE11 ,but I don't have good opinion of McAfee never did going back many years ,and I will suggest either disable it or uninstall it to see if you laptop works better ,I will assume it came a free trial on the laptop .win 8.1 come default with windows defender and that all I used since installing win8 2yrs ago .so you can start by disabling mcafee and see how the laptop responds.
    disable mcafee
    How to Disable McAfee: 11 Steps (with Pictures) - wikiHow
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  6. #6


    Quote Originally Posted by caperjack View Post
    ok,just had a quick look ,and I don't use chrome browser much but when I do it seems ok ,so I will think that its not an issue ,I use IE11 ,but I don't have good opinion of McAfee never did going back many years ,and I will suggest either disable it or uninstall it to see if you laptop works better ,I will assume it came a free trial on the laptop .win 8.1 come default with windows defender and that all I used since installing win8 2yrs ago .so you can start by disabling mcafee and see how the laptop responds.
    disable mcafee
    How to Disable McAfee: 11 Steps (with Pictures) - wikiHow
    I just use Windows Defender as well, and have been using it for 3 years, and have never gotten a virus. Definitely remove McAfee. As for speeding up your system, try to do a system clean with Ccleaner. It's a free program to remove junk files and clear the registry of errors. When you run the registry cleaner, run it about 3 or 4 times. Lastly, I wouldn't use Internet Explorer as it is the most targeted browser for exploits. Use Firefox, Chrome, or Opera. I use Chrome since is it's small and uses less resources.

    I am assuming this is your laptop.

    EDIT:
    Better yet, just remove McAfee.

    Link:
    https://www.piriform.com/ccleaner/download
    Lenovo G505 (59371430) Notebook AMD E1-Series E1-2100 (1.00GHz) 4GB Memory 320GB HDD AMD Radeon HD 8210 15.6" Windows 8 - Newegg.com
    http://www.futureshop.ca/en-CA/produ.../10285882.aspx
    http://service.mcafee.com/FAQDocument.aspx?id=TS101331
    Last edited by YoloWaffle; 28 Dec 2014 at 10:37.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  7. #7


    I would advise AGAINST using ccleaner against the registry. A three-day old machine is NOT going to have any significant amount of cruft in the registry.

    You're better off just removing McAfee.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  8. #8


    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Phelps View Post
    I would advise AGAINST using ccleaner against the registry. A three-day old machine is NOT going to have any significant amount of cruft in the registry.

    You're better off just removing McAfee.
    You'd be surprised. When I was 16 and worked at Office Depot, we used registry cleaners on new computers because uninstalling all the bloatware leaves behind unused registry keys and junk files... I would most definitely use Ccleaner on a new computer. After using Ccleaner on a computer, I rarely use it unless I uninstall programs... That's the point of Ccleaner...

    Besides, Ccleaner is a light registry cleaner... It will not delete anything essential on accident... I've used it for 5 years on my computer and customer computers and nothing wrong has every happened...
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  9. #9


    Posts : 2,627
    win8.1.1 enterprise


    Quote Originally Posted by YoloWaffle View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Phelps View Post
    I would advise AGAINST using ccleaner against the registry. A three-day old machine is NOT going to have any significant amount of cruft in the registry.

    You're better off just removing McAfee.
    You'd be surprised. When I was 16 and worked at Office Depot, we used registry cleaners on new computers because uninstalling all the bloatware leaves behind unused registry keys and junk files... I would most definitely use Ccleaner on a new computer. After using Ccleaner on a computer, I rarely use it unless I uninstall programs... That's the point of Ccleaner...

    Besides, Ccleaner is a light registry cleaner... It will not delete anything essential on accident... I've used it for 5 years on my computer and customer computers and nothing wrong has every happened...
    agree 100%,and I have been using it a lot longer than 5 years on my computer and family and customers computer and have never had it case any problems .
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  10. #10


    Posts : 25
    Microsoft Windows 8.1 64-bit


    Quote Originally Posted by caperjack View Post
    ok,just had a quick look ,and I don't use chrome browser much but when I do it seems ok ,so I will think that its not an issue ,I use IE11 ,but I don't have good opinion of McAfee never did going back many years ,and I will suggest either disable it or uninstall it to see if you laptop works better ,I will assume it came a free trial on the laptop .win 8.1 come default with windows defender and that all I used since installing win8 2yrs ago .so you can start by disabling mcafee and see how the laptop responds.
    disable mcafee
    How to Disable McAfee: 11 Steps (with Pictures) - wikiHow
    Sorry for getting back so late. I gave up trying to use my laptop, as it kept freezing, masses of errors, and such but then when I looked at the Task Manager when it eventually started to work again... I found that my CPU peaks at 99%, only ever dropping to 80% sometimes. I'll give you a screenshot of that. Also, could you help me with what programs I need to uninstall? I have so many, and I'm sure I don't need most of them but I have no idea what ones are essential, what ones are junk.


    I've uninstalled that McAfee but not a big difference. It's still really slow. Skype's really slow. Chrome's still really slow. The whole laptop still lags...


    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Phelps View Post
    I would advise AGAINST using ccleaner against the registry. A three-day old machine is NOT going to have any significant amount of cruft in the registry.

    You're better off just removing McAfee.



    Quote Originally Posted by caperjack View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by YoloWaffle View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Phelps View Post
    I would advise AGAINST using ccleaner against the registry. A three-day old machine is NOT going to have any significant amount of cruft in the registry.

    You're better off just removing McAfee.
    You'd be surprised. When I was 16 and worked at Office Depot, we used registry cleaners on new computers because uninstalling all the bloatware leaves behind unused registry keys and junk files... I would most definitely use Ccleaner on a new computer. After using Ccleaner on a computer, I rarely use it unless I uninstall programs... That's the point of Ccleaner...

    Besides, Ccleaner is a light registry cleaner... It will not delete anything essential on accident... I've used it for 5 years on my computer and customer computers and nothing wrong has every happened...
    agree 100%,and I have been using it a lot longer than 5 years on my computer and family and customers computer and have never had it case any problems .

    Okay. So, I shall download CCleaner, then?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Evidence.png   Evidence 2.png   Evidence 3.png  
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
New Laptop, Lenovo, Windows 8: Filled with Loads of Issues
Related Threads
Hey, I have an afterglow headset for gaming. It has a line out 3mm headphone jack on it, and a USB. Usually, the USB controls the Mic, and the headphone jack controls the audio. But when I plug it in, the sound is coming through the USB (Chat volume), unless I plug it into another power source,...
My internet :mad: started doing this about a 3 weeks ago, and I have no idea why. I tried everything I could think of from DNS flush to updating the driver, but to no avail.:cry:
I recently purchased a Lenovo G510 laptop with Windows 8.1. I've had only one major issue with it, where I can't use the AMD Radeon graphics which should be on my computer. When I load up Speccy, only the Intel HD Graphics 4600 shows up; the same happens when I look for the AMD card in Device...
Several BSODs with a new Lenovo Z510 Laptop in BSOD Crashes and Debugging
Hello, I noticed that many people have found solutions to their problems in these forums. I hope I get mine fixed too. Well I bought a new laptop Lenovo Z510 with 16GB of RAM already and it seems that I am dealing with tons of problems. I got it back to warranty they changed the RAM and the...
BSOD on a brand new 2 day old Lenovo laptop in BSOD Crashes and Debugging
I just got the Lenovo Z710 laptop with I7-4700, 8gb, 1TB, Intel HD Graphics 4600 and Nvidia GEForce 745 graphics card. We had only loaded CCleaner, Auslogics Disk Defrag, AVG anti-virus & World of Warcraft (WoW) gaming. As soon as my son logged onto WoW, he got a black screen & then the BSOD. I am...
So just few days ago i was playing with my laptop and it got really slow, I though it might be programs I've had opened or something but I just noticed something My fan doesn't seem to work when my CPU needs it, i used core-temp and the temperatures are at something like 80C and it feels much...
Eight Forums Android App Eight Forums IOS App Follow us on Facebook