Windows 8 and 8.1 Forums


Hp laptop Windows 8 Boot Loop

  1. #21


    Sydney, Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts : 6,490
    Windows 10 Education 64 Bit


    Quote Originally Posted by Kristenl2784 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Kristenl2784 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by alphanumeric View Post

    You have to change it so it reads.

    USB Diskette on Key USB/Hard Drive
    OS Boot Manger
    USB CD/DVD
    Internal CD/DVD
    ! Network Adapter

    I did it in that order, than rebooted the computer, and still doing its loop

    I placed the internal CD/DVD first and now its working

      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  2. #22


    Posts : 13
    HP Windows 8


    Quote Originally Posted by alphanumeric View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Kristenl2784 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Kristenl2784 View Post


    I did it in that order, than rebooted the computer, and still doing its loop

    I placed the internal CD/DVD first and now its working

    Thank you very much!
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  3. #23


    Posts : 13
    HP Windows 8


    Quote Originally Posted by Kristenl2784 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by alphanumeric View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Kristenl2784 View Post


    I placed the internal CD/DVD first and now its working

    Thank you very much!

    I do have another question. It did say boot from a CD/DVD press any key, so I did that. It came up with a window that says Windows 8 Install now, or a small option at the bottom that says repair computer. I first did install now, it said setup starting, it then asked if i accept the license terms, i said yes, then it gives me two options of installation types. Upgrade install windows and keep files, settings, and applications.. The files, settings, and applications are moved to windows with this option. this option is only available when a supported version of windows is already running on your computer. The second option is custom, install windows only (advanced). the files settings, and applications arent moved to windows with this option, if you want to make changes to partitions and drives, start the computer using the installation disc. We recommend backing your files before you contine. I clicke on the first option, and an error pops up it doesnt like that Im booting from the disc.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  4. #24


    Sydney, Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts : 6,490
    Windows 10 Education 64 Bit


    Now it gets tricky, it all depends on what you want to do. You could start over and try the repair option and you may get lucky and recover your factory install. If you want to wipe everything and do a clean install you select Custom. Custom will give you options to delete the current partitions and then create new ones.


    Something else that just occurred to me, that you could try. Set the boot order back to Windows Boot Manager. Boot up and then press and hold down the power button when Window starts to load. This will force a shutdown. If you do this 3 times in a row its supposed to bring up a startup repair option. Sorry I didn't think of it sooner. Do you have files on the hard drive you need to save? If yes you'll want to find a way to copy them to external media before you go any farther.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  5. #25


    Posts : 13
    HP Windows 8


    Quote Originally Posted by alphanumeric View Post
    Now it gets tricky, it all depends on what you want to do. You could start over and try the repair option and you may get lucky and recover your factory install. If you want to wipe everything and do a clean install you select Custom. Custom will give you options to delete the current partitions and then create new ones.


    Something else that just occurred to me, that you could try. Set the boot order back to Windows Boot Manager. Boot up and then press and hold down the power button when Window starts to load. This will force a shutdown. If you do this 3 times in a row its supposed to bring up a startup repair option. Sorry I didn't think of it sooner. Do you have files on the hard drive you need to save? If yes you'll want to find a way to copy them to external media before you go any farther.

    I ended up clicking on Custom, and it's almost done now. I have nothing i want to save on the computer.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  6. #26


    Sydney, Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts : 6,490
    Windows 10 Education 64 Bit


    That will work. It's what I did on my laptop. Both our laptops actually. Their OEM installs are long gone. In the past it was a real pain for the average Joe to get their hands on install media. All you could get from the OEM was recovery media. This new download was long overdue. I'm a Microsoft MVP so it's not an issue for me. I get a free MSDN subscription so install media is easy for me to get.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  7. #27


    Posts : 13
    HP Windows 8


    Quote Originally Posted by alphanumeric View Post
    That will work. It's what I did on my laptop. Both our laptops actually. Their OEM installs are long gone. In the past it was a real pain for the average Joe to get their hands on install media. All you could get from the OEM was recovery media. This new download was long overdue. I'm a Microsoft MVP so it's not an issue for me. I get a free MSDN subscription so install media is easy for me to get.

    Thank you so much for your time and help! The laptop works great now!
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  8. #28


    Sydney, Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts : 6,490
    Windows 10 Education 64 Bit


    Good stuff, nice to hear. One big advantage to a clean install with regular install media is no added junk by the OEM. Most people don't use any of it and it just bogs your system down. You might have to hunt up a driver or two but it's not like the old days where you'd get no sound and a crappy display until you installed all your drivers. About the only thing that doesn't work fully on my laptop is the touch pad. I can point and click, but the two finger scroll and other gestures don't work. Anyway, if you do find something that doesn't work, or only half works, it's likely just a driver issue. Post back if you need any further help. Take care.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Hp laptop Windows 8 Boot Loop
Related Threads
My desktop came preloaded with Windows 8 so no install discs. Have only had it a week and didn't yet make a recovery disc. Everything was working wonderfully as I got used to the new Windows 8 from my old pc running Xp. Three days ago I did a restart for Windows to update to 8.1 and all was good....
Acer Aspire V5 is the PC I am using. I turn it on, the boot fails and the pc restarts. Then begins an automatic repair, which crashes and the PC turns off. It is a loop I cannot get out of. How do I fix this? I don't have a Windows 8 Disc or anything like that.
Since upgrading to windows 8/8.1 x64 i have twice had this situation when during boot up windows tries automatic repair & fails , every time i restart same repair fail happens , its stuck in this cycle , neither "Refresh" or "Reset" option works , . I have to do a fresh format & install , loose...
Solved Windows boot loop assistance in General Support
Hi all! So I just built this new pc a couple of days ago and put windows 8 on it and it was working fine until today. I restarted my PC for the first time since I built it and windows had to update some things, although now it is stuck in a boot loop. It says that it is installing the new updates...
I haven't installed anything lately and I can only think that it was maybe due to shutting down the computer directly from the power button (heard sudden shut downs could cause problems). I tried startup repair, I tried doing a "refresh" but it won't accept the cd, I tried doing a safe mode...
Hello! (Mom's computer is Windows 7 whilst mine the acer has Windows 8) Yet again I have problems with my Laptop (Acer 5755G) Anyways here's what I did, I replaced the 2 gb ram stick with a 4 gb, for a total of 8 instead of six, now the new stick was a Kingston HyperX SODIMM 1600mhz CL9...
Laptop stuck in restart loop? in General Support
I don't know why but it has randomly started doing this in this order- 1. I turn it on, it does the normal start up screen of "Toshiba" and the loading animation underneath. 2. After a long time of waiting it takes me to a black screen. It stays that way for about 5 minutes, sometimes it does not...
Eight Forums Android App Eight Forums IOS App Follow us on Facebook