Windows 8 and 8.1 Forums


Continuous Beeping and Laggy Mouse

  1. #121


    Posts : 2
    Windows 10 x64


    UnbornApple, thanks for the link. I'll try removing the KB to see if it resolves my issue.

      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  2. #122


    Posts : 6
    Windows 10


    Hey guys i made an account so i could chime in. Ive been having this exact issue for a week here is my system.

    Alienware 15 R2
    i7 2.7 GHz 16gb ram
    NVIDIA 980M
    250 gb ssd 1TB storage.
    I did just get the laptop about a week ago. I initially was getting a BSOD for iastora.sys which ended up being intel rapid storage driver issue. I called DELL and they installed a newer version of the BIOS (weird since i just got the laptop im surprised it wasnt already the newest one but whatever) the BSODS have stopped but i am still getting the laggy mouse. Here is what im doing when i get it.

    If i close the lid for an extended length of time and open it then i move the mouse around and i click it with the touch pad and nothing happens and then the mouse will start beeping everytime i hit a button or move it and it will keep beeping until the mouse stops moving. DELL uninstalled the mouse and reinstalled it and it's still happening. I plugged an external wireless Logitech Mouse to see if that would fix it and it hasnt it still does it. It did happen to me 1 other time i was playing the division and ididnt have the lid closed and when i closed out of the game the house started to do the same thing until i held the reset button.
    any suggesstions would be greatly appreciated.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  3. #123


    Posts : 6
    Windows 10


    Hey guys i wanted to say i think ifound the issue. It happened to me this morning and i saw something weird a ! in the XINPUT HID in device manager... XBOX ONE Controller. im almost positive this is the issue. i then typed laggy beeping mouse xbox one controller and found many of the same issues. maybe it'd be the same with an xbox 360 controller as well because i notice people have been having this issue for awhile through many other operating systems.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  4. #124


    Posts : 1
    Windows 10


    Quote Originally Posted by HUSKER222 View Post
    Hey guys i made an account so i could chime in. Ive been having this exact issue for a week here is my system.

    Alienware 15 R2
    i7 2.7 GHz 16gb ram
    NVIDIA 980M
    250 gb ssd 1TB storage.
    I did just get the laptop about a week ago. I initially was getting a BSOD for iastora.sys which ended up being intel rapid storage driver issue. I called DELL and they installed a newer version of the BIOS (weird since i just got the laptop im surprised it wasnt already the newest one but whatever) the BSODS have stopped but i am still getting the laggy mouse. Here is what im doing when i get it.

    If i close the lid for an extended length of time and open it then i move the mouse around and i click it with the touch pad and nothing happens and then the mouse will start beeping everytime i hit a button or move it and it will keep beeping until the mouse stops moving. DELL uninstalled the mouse and reinstalled it and it's still happening. I plugged an external wireless Logitech Mouse to see if that would fix it and it hasnt it still does it. It did happen to me 1 other time i was playing the division and ididnt have the lid closed and when i closed out of the game the house started to do the same thing until i held the reset button.
    any suggesstions would be greatly appreciated.
    Same issue.
    My issue always happens while I'm on the desktop after playing The Division as well. I'm also using an Xbox One controller when I play.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  5. #125


    Posts : 6
    Windows 10


    Quote Originally Posted by IExorcizm View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by HUSKER222 View Post
    Hey guys i made an account so i could chime in. Ive been having this exact issue for a week here is my system.

    Alienware 15 R2
    i7 2.7 GHz 16gb ram
    NVIDIA 980M
    250 gb ssd 1TB storage.
    I did just get the laptop about a week ago. I initially was getting a BSOD for iastora.sys which ended up being intel rapid storage driver issue. I called DELL and they installed a newer version of the BIOS (weird since i just got the laptop im surprised it wasnt already the newest one but whatever) the BSODS have stopped but i am still getting the laggy mouse. Here is what im doing when i get it.

    If i close the lid for an extended length of time and open it then i move the mouse around and i click it with the touch pad and nothing happens and then the mouse will start beeping everytime i hit a button or move it and it will keep beeping until the mouse stops moving. DELL uninstalled the mouse and reinstalled it and it's still happening. I plugged an external wireless Logitech Mouse to see if that would fix it and it hasnt it still does it. It did happen to me 1 other time i was playing the division and ididnt have the lid closed and when i closed out of the game the house started to do the same thing until i held the reset button.
    any suggesstions would be greatly appreciated.
    Same issue.
    My issue always happens while I'm on the desktop after playing The Division as well. I'm also using an Xbox One controller when I play.
    Yes me as well. Im using Xbox one elite controller. happens upon opening the lid but it happens when i close the division sometimes as well. i use a wireless dongle for xbox one on the laptop. i use a different xbox one elite controller on my desktop but its wired with usb cable. i feel like its happened to me on the laptop with the wired cable as well.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  6. #126


    Signed up also just to say that I encounter the issue after playing the division with my wireless Xbox one controller.

    I have to hard stop/start my PC to solve the issue.

    Annoying.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  7. #127


    Posts : 6
    Windows 10


    Quote Originally Posted by Laggymousebeeps View Post
    Signed up also just to say that I encounter the issue after playing the division with my wireless Xbox one controller.

    I have to hard stop/start my PC to solve the issue.

    Annoying.
    Xbox One controller as well?

    Edit: I'm stupid you said xbox one wireless controller.
    Last edited by HUSKER222; 22 Mar 2016 at 12:09.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  8. #128


    Posts : 6
    Windows 10


    I just finished playing the division. This time i played for about 2 hours with the controller hard wired into my laptop. After i exited the game the mouse was working just fine. I unplugged my xbox one controller and then mouse issues and had to reboot.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  9. #129


    Posts : 6
    Windows 10


    https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/c...g_and_beeping/
    there is a fix at the top of that reddit page. i just installed the driver everyone is saying is working for the xbox one controller and fixing this stupid mouse issue. I will keep you guys informed but if you want to you can try it as well.

    Edit: Just played for a bit and exited the game and unplugged the wireless dongle and guess what... NO MOUSE ISSUES!! check that reddit page and download the driver and follow the instructions. ill give it a few days before i declare it definitely fixed but thats the first time ive played the division and exited and not had the annoying mouse beeping noise.
    Last edited by HUSKER222; 22 Mar 2016 at 14:01.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  10. #130


    Posts : 1
    Windows 10


    Created an account to chime in as well-

    Having literally this exact same issue, the only difference is mine happens while I'm playing Far Cry 3 through Uplay/Steam. I'll connect my Xbox One controller and switch to 'gamepad' in options, then if my Xbox One controller turns off (usually because I haven't used it for a while) then it'll crash the mouse for my entire computer. If you try to switch back to mouse/keyboard in Far Cry 3 it doesn't work, so all you can do is use the keyboard to 'quit to desktop' but when you do that, this mouse problem occurs immediately afterward.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast
Continuous Beeping and Laggy Mouse
Related Threads
Have a new Acer Laptop Aspire ES1-511-C59V and the screen keeps dimming then brightening especially when on battery power. Newest thing is when plugged in it will beep and dim every few minutes, what the heck? I tried to adjust it doing this.... it did not help. 1) type Power Options and...
Mousepad - laggy and buzzes. in General Support
Everything was going swell until the computer froze - I couldn't move the mouse or anything and I didn't have a large amount of experience so I just held down the power button, and it turned off. When it came back on (it had merely gone to sleep) everytime I touched the mouse, beeping started...
Windows 8 laggy interface. in Performance & Maintenance
Hi there, can anyone help me with my problem? My Windows 8 became laggy ever since I restarted my PC yesterday, March 28, around 5pm it was the first time I restarted my PC since Sunday, March 23. I have been looking for some solutions on Google and tried them but it didn't solved my problem. I...
Win 8.1 Pro. Laggy and slow in General Support
So I did a clean install and have just some basic programs installed like dropbox, evernote, office 365, java runtime, silverlight, dot net, firefox, chrome, vlc and adobe acrobat and my PC is laggy and slow. Performance Options been set to Adjust for best peformance (all have been switched off)....
Solved computer won't boot and beeping in BSOD Crashes and Debugging
O.K. i know this is only for Windows 8.I am stumped on an old PC's problem,wonder if any can help,ty. I have an older computer that was not used for over a year.I recently hooked it up to use it.When i did i had no picture and continuous beeping from PC. I tried dusting out inside of...
Continuous Reboot in General Support
Hi all, My laptop froze the other day and I was forced to power down manually. On restarting it just went in to a continuous reboot. I then turned it off and back on and this time it said on screen "preparing for automatic repair" but then after about 5 minutes it again rebooted with the same...
Hello, I am getting a random notification sound but no notifications are appearing in Windows 8. I have isolated it to be the default asterisk sound but nothing is plugged into my computer, not even the power cord, and I will still get the random sound. Any ideas? Thanks!
Eight Forums Android App Eight Forums IOS App Follow us on Facebook