Windows 8 and 8.1 Forums


can't remove website from internet options" "trust sites"?

  1. #1

    can't remove website from internet options" "trust sites"?


    i installed a video converter sometime ago named "wondershare" video converter & I recently noticed in "internet options" under the "security" tab when i select "trusted sites", a website is listed that I have never entered & allowed. I remove the website and when i apply the changes then close the window & open it again, the website appears again as if I didnt remove it. its an http site & its address after "HTTP://" begins with a star(*). Actual address is "*.wondershare(dot)com". I have included a pic of the website. I would really like some help or tips to remove it permanently from my PC.Thanks ahead of time to those who view & lend their expeClick image for larger versionrtise to my issue.

      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  2. #2


    Posts : 2,627
    win8.1.1 enterprise


    not sure ,but, did you reboot computer after click to remove it, and go back and see if its still there
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  3. #3


    Quote Originally Posted by caperjack View Post
    not sure ,but, did you reboot computer after click to remove it, and go back and see if its still there

    absolutely, mulitple times after different actions involving methods i used to "try" to remove this issue
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  4. #4


    Posts : 2,627
    win8.1.1 enterprise


    giving the nature of the site maybe ,a virus scan or malwarebytes scan ,ccleaner registry scan ,will find other things related to that site and remove it ,and then maybe you will be able to delete from trusted sites ,these are all things I would try on my system if I had this issue
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  5. #5


    Quote Originally Posted by caperjack View Post
    giving the nature of the site maybe ,a virus scan or malwarebytes scan ,ccleaner registry scan ,will find other things related to that site and remove it ,and then maybe you will be able to delete from trusted sites ,these are all things I would try on my system if I had this issue
    Ive done a ccleaner reg scan, however I have not done a malwarebytes scan. So I should download the actual malwarebytes program and run its scan then, yes? I wanted to avoid any third party programs but if that is what you recommend then it shall be done.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  6. #6


    Posts : 328
    Windows 8.1 (x64)


    Some application you installed (not necessarily malware per-se, but definitey adware) modified your Internet Security Zones via the registry.

    Before modifying the registry, it's recommended to back it up. A restore point is a good way to do that.
    Follow the instructions in this link : Restore Point - Create in Windows 8

    Right-Click the START button > Select Run > Type regedit
    Go to this location : HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\ZoneMap\Domains\
    Find the entry corresponding to wondershare (or any suspicious ones)
    Select it > Right-Click > Delete
    Close regedit

    Check if it has worked.
    Last edited by oneeyed; 28 Oct 2014 at 15:54.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  7. #7


    Posts : 2,627
    win8.1.1 enterprise


    Quote Originally Posted by enigmatic1 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by caperjack View Post
    giving the nature of the site maybe ,a virus scan or malwarebytes scan ,ccleaner registry scan ,will find other things related to that site and remove it ,and then maybe you will be able to delete from trusted sites ,these are all things I would try on my system if I had this issue
    Ive done a ccleaner reg scan, however I have not done a malwarebytes scan. So I should download the actual malwarebytes program and run its scan then, yes? I wanted to avoid any third party programs but if that is what you recommend then it shall be done.
    oneeyed's suggestion might be a good try ,first
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  8. #8


    Quote Originally Posted by oneeyed View Post
    Some application you installed (not necessarily malware per-se, but definitey adware) modified your Internet Security Zones via the registry.


    Right-Click the START button > Select Run > Type regedit
    Go to this location : HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\ZoneMap\Domains\
    Find the entry corresponding to wondershare (or any suspicious ones)
    Select it > Right-Click > Delete
    Close regedit

    Check if it has worked.
    I have now created a restore point, so I am going to enter and edit reg files. From the moment i saw this site listed in "internet options" under "trusted sites", I believed the solution would involve reg editing.

    >UPDATE<
    I followed the instructions that "oneeyed" provided & my issue has been solved. Thanks "caperjack" for your concern & advice. Special thanks to "oneeyed" for means & motivation in helping me attain a resolution.. Iknow it wasnt going to affect my PC's performance or efficiency, but it was driving me nuts because it was my property & I had no control over it.. So thanks again, to both of you guys, for helping me shut a door that I simply wasnt able to close.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  9. #9


    Posts : 2,627
    win8.1.1 enterprise


    great to hear you fixed it ,good luck ,happy computing
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

can't remove website from internet options" "trust sites"?
Related Threads
How to Add or Remove "Minimum processor state" and "Maximum processor state" in Power Options in Windows The Minimum processor state is the minimum performance percentage your CPU will automatically decrease to save energy and battery life when there is little CPU demand by the system. You...
How to Add or Remove "When sharing media" in Power Options in Windows The When sharing media setting in Power Options will let users configure power settings for when devices and computers are playing media from your computer to either allow the computer to sleep, prevent idling to sleep, or...
How to Add or Remove Desktop Background "Slide Show" in Power Options in Windows You can have a slide show (a rotating series of pictures) as your desktop background. You can use your own pictures or pictures that Windows provides as part of a theme. The Slide show power option allows...
How to Add or Remove "System cooling policy" in Power Options in Windows The System cooling policy power option allows you to specify the cooling mode you want to use for your system. Active = Increase fan speed to cool first, and only slow the processor to cool as a last resort. Passive...
How to Add or Remove "Turn off hard disk after" in Power Options in Windows The "Turn off hard disk after" power option setting lets users set to have hard disks power down after a specified time of inactivity is detected. When you set to turn off hard disks after idle, there will be a...
How to Add or Remove "Allow wake timers" in Power Options in Windows The "Allow wake timers" power option setting enables or disables Windows to automatically wake your computer from sleep on a timer for scheduled tasks and other programs. This tutorial will show you how to add or remove...
How to Add or Remove "Allow Away Mode Policy" in Power Options in Windows Away Mode in Windows is similar to Sleep and Hibernate Mode, it turns off the power of most equipment to save energy and can be fast woken up. Away Mode is designed to enable media PC scenarios that include background...
Eight Forums Android App Eight Forums IOS App Follow us on Facebook