Windows 8 and 8.1 Forums


I keep getting an error on start up

  1. #1


    Posts : 13
    windows 8

    I keep getting an error on start up


    I keep getting this error on start up (see attachment for screenshot) and am not sure what it is or how to fix it, any help?

    This only started to happen after I did a scan using malware anti malware bytes program. My computer keeps freezing as well since I scanned with the program as well, how do I fix that?

      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  2. #2


    Your attachment didn't make it, try again.
    Once you have the image saved, click the Go Advanced button then click on the Paperclip Icon next to the Smiley Icon. In the Manage Attachments window, click Browse and navigate to where you saved the image and select it.
    Click the Upload button.
    Close the Manage Attachments window.
    Click on the Paperclip Icon again and select the image you uploaded. It will be placed in your post.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  3. #3


    Posts : 13
    windows 8


    Quote Originally Posted by Ztruker View Post
    Your attachment didn't make it, try again.
    Once you have the image saved, click the Go Advanced button then click on the Paperclip Icon next to the Smiley Icon. In the Manage Attachments window, click Browse and navigate to where you saved the image and select it.
    Click the Upload button.
    Close the Manage Attachments window.
    Click on the Paperclip Icon again and select the image you uploaded. It will be placed in your post.
    Oops I forgot to upload it, here it is.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Capture.PNG  
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  4. #4
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  5. #5


    Conduit? Isn't conduit that huge malware exploit?

    I would suggest removing all entries for Conduit in your registry and deleting all temporary data.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  6. #6


    Posts : 13
    windows 8


    Thanks! The issue with the error has been fixed. I will submit a new post if my computer keeps freezing still.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  7. #7


    Posts : 13
    windows 8


    Quote Originally Posted by loveandpower View Post
    Conduit? Isn't conduit that huge malware exploit?

    I would suggest removing all entries for Conduit in your registry and deleting all temporary data.
    How do I do that?
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  8. #8


    Please be advised altering your registry can have severe effects on your system and should only be performed by those with the proper knowledge.

    Okay now that the little disclaimer is out of the way

    Open up your registry and first do a simple search for "conduit". Get to your registry by doing "regedit"

    My guess, you will find at least a couple of entries. It will more than likely will show you where there are some folder paths in appdata/temporary folders. Delete those entries and also you may find a conduit folder under local machine under software or something like that. Delete that main folder in the registry if there is one.

    After that you may want to use a program such as ccleaner to help finish deleting temporary folders/cookies/etc on your browsers etc. Then you will want to use malwarebytes to confirm you removed everything. It may find a couple of files that I am forgetting and you should be able to erase those.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  9. #9


    Posts : 13
    windows 8


    Quote Originally Posted by loveandpower View Post
    Please be advised altering your registry can have severe effects on your system and should only be performed by those with the proper knowledge.

    Okay now that the little disclaimer is out of the way

    Open up your registry and first do a simple search for "conduit". Get to your registry by doing "regedit"

    My guess, you will find at least a couple of entries. It will more than likely will show you where there are some folder paths in appdata/temporary folders. Delete those entries and also you may find a conduit folder under local machine under software or something like that. Delete that main folder in the registry if there is one.

    After that you may want to use a program such as ccleaner to help finish deleting temporary folders/cookies/etc on your browsers etc. Then you will want to use malwarebytes to confirm you removed everything. It may find a couple of files that I am forgetting and you should be able to erase those.
    Thanks! There was only one file which I deleted.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

I keep getting an error on start up
Related Threads
Hello! Today our W8.1 system stopped and crashed when watching a video on the internet. The system was not able to restart and the screen has green lines. Please see some photo's. Once I got a message (of which I did not make a photo) about error video ftr or something like that. Cannot refresh...
Hello, I am new to this, but just upgraded the preview to actual 8.1 and think I must have deleted something during upgrade. I keep getting a run dll error saying there was an error starting: file\location this specified module could not be found, but it's not in my start up programs. I do see...
Start up Dll Error in BSOD Crashes and Debugging
RunDLL Error everytime i start up my computer. Im running on windows 8.1 pro. Its a box And it says "There was a problem starting P17RunE.dll The specified module could not be found."
Error when start windows in General Support
When I start the pc fails to boot and it turned off, then turn it on again if , then not have any problem. C:/Windows/Minidump/051813-52650-01.dmp C/User/***/AppData/Local/Temp/wer-86237-0.sydata.xml
18755 Help! I visited this forum later on with the help that i wanted to restore my built in default start screen apps in windows 8! I did that and this what happen, after i used a restore bat file i downloaded from this forum. Thanks All pls i need your help! :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
Hi, I'm new to this forums. I'm trying to upgrade my Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit to Windows 8 Pro. I get this error message after the first reboot. If someone could help me that would be much appreciated :D Thanks,
I have had trouble updating an ati radeon hd4830 graphics card on my hp envy. When I updated I would get bsod on win7. I decided to upgrade to win8. The upgrade would fail with no error code. So I do a clean USB install of win8. It completes the install an I start setting up win8, once I finish and...
Eight Forums Android App Eight Forums IOS App Follow us on Facebook