Windows 8 and 8.1 Forums

Windows 8 gremlins

  1. #131


    Posts : 1,851
    8250 x86 + 7 SP1 x86 + Ubuntu 12.04 LTS x86


    Yep, that's it.

      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  2. #132


    There we go... had some problems with the IE log, but other than that, it should be fine.
    Windows 8 gremlins Attached Files
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  3. #133


    Posts : 1,851
    8250 x86 + 7 SP1 x86 + Ubuntu 12.04 LTS x86


    Quote Originally Posted by borna761 View Post
    There we go... had some problems with the IE log, but other than that, it should be fine.
    Now we're working with something my friend. Many bsods shown and that's quite a good thing.

    Major issue with Bluestacks software, so uninstall that then reboot:

    Code:
    HD-Hypervisor-amd64.sys
    I would uninstall this very old overclocking utility and its driver:

    Code:
    RTCore64 RTCore64.sys Wed May 25 02:39:12 2005
    Definitely update Synaptics Touchpad Driver:

    Code:
    SynTP    SynTP.sys    Thu Aug 27 22:00:37 2009
    And these need a nice update too (Probably Ricoh drivers for your card reader):

    Code:
    rimmpx64 rimmpx64.sys Thu Jun 25 04:04:18 2009
    rimspx64 rimspx64.sys Thu Jun 25 03:13:43 2009
    One or two other things I'm iffy on. Let me know if you have further problems, but you probably won't. Take care of item #1 first. That's your major beef.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  4. #134


    Bluestacks stuff is uninstalled.
    The RTCore64 is actually for undervolting - I've been using it fine in Win7 for a couple of years - should I still remove it?
    Downloaded Synaptics drivers from Dell site - it said the ones I have are newer.
    Ricoh card card reader updated.

    Now I just wait and hope?
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  5. #135


    Posts : 1,851
    8250 x86 + 7 SP1 x86 + Ubuntu 12.04 LTS x86


    No need to hope. You're doing alright already.

    You can Google for late 2011 or early 2012 Synaptics driver. You can find it anywhere even from other makers and it most likely will install well for you. Heck, I have an Acer netbook and I installed mine from Asus I think lol. Then used the same driver for a laptop. (Just make sure you have an external mouse ready or are very good with the keyboard, in case anything goes wonky. With either, you can roll back until you find a different one to try.)

    Undervolting? You use that to lower the voltage to the gpu or something? Just curious...you can leave that alone for now I suppose.

    Good job and enjoy.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  6. #136


    Posts : 37
    Windows 7


    Here is (edit: used to be) my contribution! Thank you for taking your time and helping us!

    I recently reinstalled Windows 8. I just installed the graphics driver and nothing else, for now!
    Last edited by nbulp; 13 Apr 2012 at 04:46.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  7. #137


    Quote Originally Posted by GMan View Post
    No need to hope. You're doing alright already.

    You can Google for late 2011 or early 2012 Synaptics driver. You can find it anywhere even from other makers and it most likely will install well for you. Heck, I have an Acer netbook and I installed mine from Asus I think lol. Then used the same driver for a laptop. (Just make sure you have an external mouse ready or are very good with the keyboard, in case anything goes wonky. With either, you can roll back until you find a different one to try.)

    Undervolting? You use that to lower the voltage to the gpu or something? Just curious...you can leave that alone for now I suppose.

    Good job and enjoy.
    does Drivers | Synaptics seem to be what I'm looking for?

    and I actually use it to undervolt the CPU... same frequency, just lower voltage - saves battery life and heat. check Laptop Undervolting Thread or The "Undervolting" Guide for more.

    downloading... thank you for your help!
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  8. #138


    Posts : 1,851
    8250 x86 + 7 SP1 x86 + Ubuntu 12.04 LTS x86


    Quote Originally Posted by borna761 View Post
    does Drivers | Synaptics seem to be what I'm looking for?

    and I actually use it to undervolt the CPU... same frequency, just lower voltage - saves battery life and heat. check Laptop Undervolting Thread or The "Undervolting" Guide for more.

    downloading... thank you for your help!
    Yes, that Synaptics should do the trick. (After checking, the laptop/netbook one I used from another manufacturer is for an Alps pad, not Synaptics. Going to the source like you did here is always best, but that's not possible with Alps.)

    Cool about the undervolting. Yep, I figured something to do with heat/battery. Fairly clever. You're welcome.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  9. #139


    it just froze again this morning...
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  10. #140


    Posts : 1,851
    8250 x86 + 7 SP1 x86 + Ubuntu 12.04 LTS x86


    Quote Originally Posted by borna761 View Post
    it just froze again this morning...
    Well, now that bsods are all cleared up, it's obviously the undervolting.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast
Windows 8 gremlins
Related Threads
Refer to my previous post back when I was on the Consumer Preview. https://www.eightforums.com/general-discussion/4941-windows-8-gremlins.html The only thing that has changed is that I'm now on Release Preview. I tried to post here before but my computer froze before I was finished. If...
Eight Forums Android App Eight Forums IOS App Follow us on Facebook